By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you satisfied with PS Move?

Are you satisfied with PS Move?

Yes! 121 57.08%

No! 56 26.42%

Crysis 2 has the best graphics, EVA! 35 16.51%

Total:212

I have a Wii and I brought Move recently. I think I may have wasted my money with Move. First of all, there are very few titles supporting Move, although I am sure things will improve a lot in the next one year.

So far, I don't believe my experience with Move was really better than with the Wii. Obviously, there is the advantage of full HD graphics but the controls themselves weren't much of an improvement. I hated Champion Sports, I think it is a subpar copy of Wii Sports Resort.

I also hated the Move implementation of Resident Evil 5, but I admit it is probably the same thing with Resident Evil 4 in the Wii, the difference being the fourth Resident Evil being a much better game than the fifth.

I tried the Top Spin 4 demo and found it to be a bad joke. Te developers should have looked at what EA Sports implemented in Grand Slam Tennis, which is not good but still light-years ahead Top Spin.

Finally, I tried Killzone 3. Ok, I also thought it wasn't as good as the second one, which may influence my evaluation. Still, the game controls were tackled in the Move and Navigator controllers and thus, some of them are just uncomfortable to use, such as the d-pad in the Navigator. Also, I didn't found it more precise in any way as the Wii. 

It is likely that my dissatisfaction is more a result from poor implementation of a novelty, as I have confidence in quality work by Sony's hardware team. However, considering very few studios are trying hard to get it right (the same thing happened to the Wii), I am not sure Move is worthy of the investment.

Around the Network

Have owned my Move since right around launch and I must say it was a slow start for me. Although my first impressions were very high. I was very impressed with Sports Champions and absolutely LOVE the disc golf and volleyball. I own a Wii and have played endless hours of Wii Sports with friends and always had a blast. But this felt better, newer, fresher. The graphics were gorgeous (in comparisson) the controls extremely precise, I was able to set my own custom music from my HDD, I was impressed.

After a while I was ready to try something new, and since I'd always wanted to play Heavy Rain, I got it for 30$ and gave it a shot. I played my 1st run through with the controller and did 3 different endings. LOVED the game, absolutely loved it. Second time through I decied to play with my Move and dual shock 3 (dont have a nav) and was surprised how easy it was to use the dual shcok 3 instead of a nav, made me less inclined to drop 30$ on a nav in the future. For the first 1 hour or so of Heavy Rain I was growing frustrated with the controls with Move... Then I started to look closer at what I was doing wrong. The game was so precise I didn't realize when opening a door I have to lean forward with the Move push the trigger, then pull back, realistically mocking the actual motion of opening a door. The depth perception that Move recognizes is just amazing. Then I really started to pay attention to what the game was 'asking' me to do with the Move. The controls became so fluid. They became damn near perfect. About half way through the game I had an audience of my gf and 2 of my friends sitting on the endge of their seat. Everyone wanted to get a try with the Move, and all were very impressed with how it made you feel like you were in the game. And the game is an emotional rollercoaster from start to end.

I tried to play RE5 with my Move but I'm either doing something wrong, or I think I need the Gold Edition? Because I can't get it to work. My GF said I need the gold edition. I have played Tumble and like a previous person said, it was just a lot of fun. Much like Jenga but imo better. My GF has a lot of fun with Eye Pet, and I must admit its kinda fun sitting on the other side of the room and being able to clap my hands and call the pet and have it run across screen to greet me. 

My entire time in the Killzone 3 Beta was used exclusively with the PS Move, as was my best friends time in the beta as well. We were constantly #1 and #2 on the total kills in a deathmatch. We often times would talk about how using our Moves was almost unfair to the other players. Although I'm sure they felt they had the advantage with just a controller. So that speaks to how well it was implemented and how it is just personal preference. Using one or the other won't really make you have a lesser expereince. Once you get your calibration and turn speed adjusted a bit, it becomes amazingly precise. Can't wait to try Battlefield with Move. 

Since I already have owned my Playstation Eye camera for 3 years now, I only needed to buy a Move controller and I started out the 1 game, went with Sports Champions as that is the game I heard was a good display of what Move could do. Since then I have tried a few other games and I am really looking forward to getting Sing Star Dance. When I go to my local Best Buy I have noticed that the games with the logo on it "Move Supported" is growing vastly. Many Many games that people don't even realize support Move, do. My impressions with Move have been extremely positive with some bumps in the road. Like any gamer I prefer to sit back with mouse and keyboard or controller in hand, but the Move is a very fun addition to any game that supports it. 

Raider84 said:

Have owned my Move since right around launch and I must say it was a slow start for me. Although my first impressions were very high. I was very impressed with Sports Champions and absolutely LOVE the disc golf and volleyball. I own a Wii and have played endless hours of Wii Sports with friends and always had a blast. But this felt better, newer, fresher. The graphics were gorgeous (in comparisson) the controls extremely precise, I was able to set my own custom music from my HDD, I was impressed.

After a while I was ready to try something new, and since I'd always wanted to play Heavy Rain, I got it for 30$ and gave it a shot. I played my 1st run through with the controller and did 3 different endings. LOVED the game, absolutely loved it. Second time through I decied to play with my Move and dual shock 3 (dont have a nav) and was surprised how easy it was to use the dual shcok 3 instead of a nav, made me less inclined to drop 30$ on a nav in the future. For the first 1 hour or so of Heavy Rain I was growing frustrated with the controls with Move... Then I started to look closer at what I was doing wrong. The game was so precise I didn't realize when opening a door I have to lean forward with the Move push the trigger, then pull back, realistically mocking the actual motion of opening a door. The depth perception that Move recognizes is just amazing. Then I really started to pay attention to what the game was 'asking' me to do with the Move. The controls became so fluid. They became damn near perfect. About half way through the game I had an audience of my gf and 2 of my friends sitting on the endge of their seat. Everyone wanted to get a try with the Move, and all were very impressed with how it made you feel like you were in the game. And the game is an emotional rollercoaster from start to end.

I tried to play RE5 with my Move but I'm either doing something wrong, or I think I need the Gold Edition? Because I can't get it to work. My GF said I need the gold edition. I have played Tumble and like a previous person said, it was just a lot of fun. Much like Jenga but imo better. My GF has a lot of fun with Eye Pet, and I must admit its kinda fun sitting on the other side of the room and being able to clap my hands and call the pet and have it run across screen to greet me. 

My entire time in the Killzone 3 Beta was used exclusively with the PS Move, as was my best friends time in the beta as well. We were constantly #1 and #2 on the total kills in a deathmatch. We often times would talk about how using our Moves was almost unfair to the other players. Although I'm sure they felt they had the advantage with just a controller. So that speaks to how well it was implemented and how it is just personal preference. Using one or the other won't really make you have a lesser expereince. Once you get your calibration and turn speed adjusted a bit, it becomes amazingly precise. Can't wait to try Battlefield with Move. 

Since I already have owned my Playstation Eye camera for 3 years now, I only needed to buy a Move controller and I started out the 1 game, went with Sports Champions as that is the game I heard was a good display of what Move could do. Since then I have tried a few other games and I am really looking forward to getting Sing Star Dance. When I go to my local Best Buy I have noticed that the games with the logo on it "Move Supported" is growing vastly. Many Many games that people don't even realize support Move, do. My impressions with Move have been extremely positive with some bumps in the road. Like any gamer I prefer to sit back with mouse and keyboard or controller in hand, but the Move is a very fun addition to any game that supports it. 

Wow, very very in depth. There's no way you are a forum goer....you work for Sony don't you....undercover perhaps???

He asked a question and I gave him my honest opinion. I don't think that makes it like I work for Sony.. 

oh yeah, I'm very *satisfied* with move

Around the Network
SlaughterTheISA said:

I literally played it for 10 minutes today at my cousin's. Played some Killzone 3. At first it was horrible. Couldn't do anything and I kept on dying. But as I got into it, got slightly better and it does feel more interactive than a controller. That said, after about 10 minutes I still wasn't perfect and was making large mistakes but had to leave.

Will definitely be going back and trying it out again. Hopefully I'll be able to master it. Initial impressions are positive then, but I'm a little relucatant to say I love it at this point.

I felt the same way about the move in Killzone 3. It takes a while to get used to it. The learning curve is luckily a lot faster then going from mouse kb to controller. It took me 2 years to get comfortable playing a fps on a console (I usually only play the campaign) while I was getting the hang of using the move to turn corners quickly by the end of the campaign. I'm still not convinced it will be a match to using a mouse for turning and aiming though.

Yes but I want more gamez.