By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Halo Lore and Universe Thread

Lyrikalstylez said:
Im interested in these Halo books but by reading them, do you think will spoil Halo4?

I never read the books that Halo:Reach was based on, so I was a bit bummed when I read posts about the spartans dying at the end, it kinda spoiled it for me

Reading the books should in no way spoil Halo 4, there may be hints and references within Halo 4 to some of the books as were present in Halo 3, for instance Cortana's opening line is a quote from one of the books, I forget which at the moment.

As for Halo Reach it wasn't based on any of the books and infact contests with 'The Fall of Reach' at some points. All in all you should read the books for they wont ruin anything but will instead make it all the better when you notice those little references here and there throughout the games.

Around the Network

@Goddbless

I have taken into consideration that the Precursors could be the "ancient evil" in Halo 4 but they are SOOOO far back and old that it would be hard to really believe any could still exist. Oh and they didn't create the Flood, no one really knows where the Flood come from other than that they are considered to source outside of our galaxy.

I just think given the fact that they've made this recent push to reveal more about the Forerunners and their connection to the Flood, humanity, and even Chief himself they will probably play a significant role in the new trilogy.

Also there's still the datapad's in Halo Reach which could hint at something too, those things were CRAZY.

BenVTrigger said:
@Goddbless

I have taken into consideration that the Precursors could be the "ancient evil" in Halo 4 but they are SOOOO far back and old that it would be hard to really believe any could still exist. Oh and they didn't create the Flood, no one really knows where the Flood come from other than that they are considered to source outside of our galaxy.

I just think given the fact that they've made this recent push to reveal more about the Forerunners and their connection to the Flood, humanity, and even Chief himself they will probably play a significant role in the new trilogy.

Also there's still the datapad's in Halo Reach which could hint at something too, those things were CRAZY.

Actually all of the Precursors except one are all dead. One was kept alive by the Forerunners after the Forerunner-Precursor War. He was kept as a prisoner and warned of the Flood being the precursors revenge against the Forerunners. So they may not have created the Flood but they more than likely were responsible for them making it to the Galaxy. Plus the Precursors were known as Transsentient beings, so the last Precursor may still be alive.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Updated the OP guys with additional info on The Halo Rings, The Forerunner-Flood War, and the Covenant Religion.

Enjoy!!!

This thread is amazing. I can't wait to see some of the hints and terminals that the CE Anniversary will have toward Halo 4. I also heard that the terminals will be visual instead of just text.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
This thread is amazing. I can't wait to see some of the hints and terminals that the CE Anniversary will have toward Halo 4. I also heard that the terminals will be visual instead of just text.

Yep, they will. Narrated by 343 Guilty Spark, and there's at least one in each level (with content relevant to whichever faction's territory you're in).

Anyone going for Inheritor? I am still only an general Grade 3 and don't feel like going on.

Fresh Forerunner Saga info!

Lostplanet22 said:
Anyone going for Inheritor? I am still only an general Grade 3 and don't feel like going on.

I'm a Legend and I'm starting to grow weary of the grind to Inheritor.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
Lostplanet22 said:

I'm a Legend and I'm starting to grow weary of the grind to Inheritor.

Honestly with Reach I haven't even pushed very high yet so props to you guys.  I'm currently only a Commander Grade 2 I think.  I played Halo 3 a lot more than Reach but thats just because I'm split between so many games and my PS3.  Reach is fantastic though and I still play on a regular basis but no way I'll ever hit Inheritor probably.