By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Halo Lore and Universe Thread

Erunion said:

Fresh Forerunner Saga info!

OMG this AND Glasslands novel coming?!  Not to mention the Halo CE remake and Halo, now is an awesome time to be a Halo fan.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
Goddbless said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Anyone going for Inheritor? I am still only an general Grade 3 and don't feel like going on.

I'm a Legend and I'm starting to grow weary of the grind to Inheritor.

Honestly with Reach I haven't even pushed very high yet so props to you guys.  I'm currently only a Commander Grade 2 I think.  I played Halo 3 a lot more than Reach but thats just because I'm split between so many games and my PS3.  Reach is fantastic though and I still play on a regular basis but no way I'll ever hit Inheritor probably. 

Well you can make custom challenges now that boost enough CR...   not that I am using it that much....almost a half year later and I am only a little rank higher General grade 4 =p..

Anyway boosted up this thread to let people know that the book Halo Grasslands has released and that the second book in the Halo Crytum trilogy release next month.

Also the movie halo faith (fan movie) is releasing soon:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT-YyB0qjUU   and  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgvPf2wjC0&feature=related

Lostplanet22 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Goddbless said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Anyone going for Inheritor? I am still only an general Grade 3 and don't feel like going on.

I'm a Legend and I'm starting to grow weary of the grind to Inheritor.

Honestly with Reach I haven't even pushed very high yet so props to you guys.  I'm currently only a Commander Grade 2 I think.  I played Halo 3 a lot more than Reach but thats just because I'm split between so many games and my PS3.  Reach is fantastic though and I still play on a regular basis but no way I'll ever hit Inheritor probably. 

Well you can make custom challenges now that boost enough CR...   not that I am using it that much....almost a half year later and I am only a little rank higher General grade 4 =p..

Anyway boosted up this thread to let people know that the book Halo Grasslands has released and that the second book in the Halo Crytum trilogy release next month.

Also the movie halo faith (fan movie) is releasing soon:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT-YyB0qjUU   and  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdgvPf2wjC0&feature=related

Wait what? How

And damn I need to somehow scrounge some money together to get Halo Grasslands and the second book in the Halo Crytum trilogy.

BTW isn't that Halo faith movie thing that you are talking about is the helljumper webseries?

I'm sure by now the majority of you guys have seen all the terminal videos from Halo CE Anniversary along with the hidden one from waypoint. What are your thoughts? I actually want them to remake Halo 2 now more than ever just to see what terminals they would add into the game.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
I'm sure by now the majority of you guys have seen all the terminal videos from Halo CE Anniversary along with the hidden one from waypoint. What are your thoughts? I actually want them to remake Halo 2 now more than ever just to see what terminals they would add into the game.

I didn't know about the hidden terminal on Waypoint. And I've seen all but 2 of the terminals in the campaign and have yet to see anything giving hints to Halo 4.

Terminals are an awesome edition though.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Goddbless said:

I didn't know about the hidden terminal on Waypoint. And I've seen all but 2 of the terminals in the campaign and have yet to see anything giving hints to Halo 4.

You can probably look it up on youtube if you just want to watch it. Otherwise you have to unlock all the terminals then go into Waypoint. When you get to the Waypoint main menu, press x to be taken to a secret screen with coloured icons that correspond to the buttons on your controller. Enter those in the correct order and you'll be brought to the Terminal menu where you can then progress to the input screen. You then have to input the symbols that come up after each terminal video. This will also unlock 7,000 credits in Reach for each video. So that's 70,000 credits for the 10 terminals. After unlocking the 10th terminal a final one will unlock. The last terminal will give you 34,000 credits if I remembered that correctly.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Goddbless said:
yo_john117 said:
Goddbless said:

You can probably look it up on youtube if you just want to watch it. Otherwise you have to unlock all the terminals then go into Waypoint. When you get to the Waypoint main menu, press x to be taken to a secret screen with coloured icons that correspond to the buttons on your controller. Enter those in the correct order and you'll be brought to the Terminal menu where you can then progress to the input screen. You then have to input the symbols that come up after each terminal video. This will also unlock 7,000 credits in Reach for each video. So that's 70,000 credits for the 10 terminals. After unlocking the 10th terminal a final one will unlock. The last terminal will give you 34,000 credits if I remembered that correctly.

Nice! A 100k credits is a pretty good incentive to do that.

Can't believe I still haven't seen the Halo waypoint terminal, kept forgetting about it.
*goes to youtube*

I really liked the terminals though, they provided some great backstory, and they were visually well done.

The Didact

The Didact was a Forerunner who held the high status of supreme commander in the Forerunner military, teacher at the College of Strategic Defense of the Mantle and husband to the Librarian, he He wholeheartedly believes in the "Mantle",  the Didact was fully opposed to the Halo Array, believing their activation to be a sin beyond measure

Though he believed in the mantle, he believed that the mantle should belong to the Forerunners alone and saw Humanity as a threat rather than the successors that most other Forerunners saw them as.

"The peaceful one is at war without and within."
The Mantle, Fifth Permutation of the Didact's Number

Following the end of the war Human-Promethean war and the first discovery of the Flood, he advocated a policy of vigilance and research in the event of a Flood resurgence.

He also proposed the construction of shield worlds across the galaxy in order to monitor the galaxy for Flood outbreaks and provide military support should they occur, this strategy was to involve the characteristic star-hopping tactics he had utilized in the war with humankind.

However, a faction of Builders led by Master Builder Faber proposed the construction of a series of superweapons to deal with the Flood instead, and they were successful in convincing the Council to sanction their plans. Having lost the political battle, the Didact was stripped of his power and forced into exile.

In July 2557, the wreckage of the UNSC frigate Forward Unto Dawn, carrying the Spartan John-117 and his AI companion Cortana arrived in the orbit of Requiem, followed by a fleet of Covenant remnant warships.

"I have long dreamt of this day, Reclaimer."
The Didact

The shield world's defenses detected the intruders and caused them to crash on the surface of Requiem. After landing, both the Spartan and the Covenant forces faced opposition from the occupying Promethean forces, until eventually discovering the Didact's Cryptum on what John and Cortana originally thought to be a communications relay satellite.

The Didact was inadvertently awakened by John-117, and, still maintaining that humanity should not be allowed to reclaim the Mantle, he began to actively oppose both the human and Covenant forces on Requiem. Shortly after his awakening, however, the Didact's Prometheans sided with the Covenant remnant forces present on Requiem, joining forces against humanity.

John-117 and Cortana immediately recognized the danger posed by the Promethean and after the UNSC Infinity had crash-landed on Requiem, they attempted to convince Captain Del Rio of the Infinity to take more drastic action against the Didact before he regained his full strength. However, Del Rio instead opted that they leave Requiem as soon as possible.

=====================================

Incomplete article so far, needs further refinement.

The Librarian

The Librarian was a Forerunner whose real name is unknown, she was the wife of the Didact, the supreme commander of the Forerunner military. She sought to document and index all sentient beings of the Milky Way galaxy, and protect them from being absorbed into the Flood by sending them to the shelter of the Ark during the Flood-Forerunner war.

"Each one of these souls is finite and precious.
And I'm close. Close to saving them all.''" 
The Librarian 

Incomplete article so far, needs further refinement.

The UNSC Infinity

The UNSC Infinity is the largest human built starship built to date, built in 2553-2556 and commisioned in 2557 it clocks in at approximately 5.6 kilometres (3.5 miles) from bow to stern, it's built using as much Covenant and Forerunner technology humanity could salvage, it's crew complement is approximately 17,000 which consists of approxiamately 9000 Navy personal, 6000 Marines, 1.700 Intellegence officers and rougly 500 Civilians, as well as the ship's A.I "Roland".

Originally purposed to push back the Covenant in case Earth was lost, this goal was no longer applicable when the Human-Covenant war ended, it was repurposed as a expedition vessel.

Infinity is also a SPARTAN-IV training site, and it's current mission is to locate the remaining Halo Rings and other Forerunner installations and establish bases on them to oversee their decomission, as well as continued expedition and military operations on the Shield-World Requiem.

Constructed in the Oort cloud on the outskirts of the Sol system, it's construction was being kept a secret by ONI by permanently stationing workers in the Oort cloud while maintaining a complete communications blackout, however, due to the ship's massive construction costs, ONI was unable to keep the Infinity a secret from several senior members of the Navy, like Rear Admiral Saeed Shafiq.

Too be refined.