By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
MightyGrogg said:

Why is Dragon Age 2 & Homefront selling better on the XBox 360 in EMEA region? That completely baffled me. I thought the PC version would be leading the way or at least the PS3 version. EMEA is PC & PS3 country, so how could these games sell more on the XBox 360? I'm sure it'll have better legs on the PS3 and PC however, just the strong start on a system that's a little weaker in that this region surprised me.

XBox 360 sales are never that strong during the off months unless it gets a price cut. The 360 and Wii are much stronger during the holidays as everyone saw last year. lol!!

Don't take VGC numbers of PC games in EMEA too seriously ;) Plus they don't include DD platforms.

Homefront is CoD ripoff with strong online so obviously it will sell better on X360 especially with game starved x360 gamers.

Bioware is developing Xbox games since Kotor1, PS3 games since DAO.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
MightyGrogg said:

Why is Dragon Age 2 & Homefront selling better on the XBox 360 in EMEA region? That completely baffled me. I thought the PC version would be leading the way or at least the PS3 version. EMEA is PC & PS3 country, so how could these games sell more on the XBox 360? I'm sure it'll have better legs on the PS3 and PC however, just the strong start on a system that's a little weaker in that this region surprised me.

XBox 360 sales are never that strong during the off months unless it gets a price cut. The 360 and Wii are much stronger during the holidays as everyone saw last year. lol!!

Don't take VGC numbers of PC games in EMEA too seriously ;) Plus they don't include DD platforms.

Homefront is CoD ripoff with strong online so obviously it will sell better on X360 especially with game starved x360 gamers.

Bioware is developing Xbox games since Kotor1, PS3 games since DAO.

Thats just a lie. I have so many damn games to play I don't know what to do with them all.

LivingMetal said:
yo_john117 said:
LivingMetal said:
yo_john117 said:
LivingMetal said:
Metallicube said:

Wii is doing respectable considering it has basically no games right now. PS3 is doing ok, but lest we forget, it is available in more markets in EMAA, so it's almost automatically going to win every week here on out, thus is deserves to be judged more harshly IMO. The question will be by how much will it win EMAA each week.

No one is going to buy something they don't want regardless of where it's available.

Yeah but the point is its available in markets where the Wii and 360 aren't hence PART of the reason why its selling better in EMEAA.

But if you live in "EMEAA" and you don't want a PS3, you're not going to buy one.  Just because it's available doesn't mean it's going to be bought.  All three consoles are available in North America with the PS3 being sold the less.  They are also available in Japan with the PS3 selling the most.  So what if the Wii and Xbox 360 are not available in certain parts of EMEAA.  People want the PS3 so they buy it, and it's been outselling the other home consoles, not because they are on shelves.  I don't see what's so hard about it.

So you didn't read what I said >_>

So you're saying that if the Wii and Xbox 360 were selling in all the same territories in EMEAA with the PS3, the Wii and Xbox 360 should be outselling it.  Or are you saying the reason why the PS3 is doing so well in Japan is because the Wii and Xbox 360 are not being sold there?

And you absolutely, completely missed my point as i'm not saying either of those two things.

Read the bolded/underlined in my original quote.

And to clarify even more (so you don't try to cherrypick words into my mouth) I don't think its unfair in the least that the PS3 is sold in more countries then the other two cause all's fair in business. You reap what you sow.

people would be congratulating nintendo on a job well done if they were in more markets than their competitors,it doesn't bother anyone in the holidays when nintendo is on top,

its a cheap shot from metal who says he won't bother with sales threads anymore but keeps coming back to tell us this

i wonder what economic power house of others countries sony sell where the others don't,russia? doubtful

Above & Beyond

yo_john117 said:
LivingMetal said:
yo_john117 said:
LivingMetal said:
yo_john117 said:
LivingMetal said:
Metallicube said:

Wii is doing respectable considering it has basically no games right now. PS3 is doing ok, but lest we forget, it is available in more markets in EMAA, so it's almost automatically going to win every week here on out, thus is deserves to be judged more harshly IMO. The question will be by how much will it win EMAA each week.

No one is going to buy something they don't want regardless of where it's available.

Yeah but the point is its available in markets where the Wii and 360 aren't hence PART of the reason why its selling better in EMEAA.

But if you live in "EMEAA" and you don't want a PS3, you're not going to buy one.  Just because it's available doesn't mean it's going to be bought.  All three consoles are available in North America with the PS3 being sold the less.  They are also available in Japan with the PS3 selling the most.  So what if the Wii and Xbox 360 are not available in certain parts of EMEAA.  People want the PS3 so they buy it, and it's been outselling the other home consoles, not because they are on shelves.  I don't see what's so hard about it.

So you didn't read what I said >_>

So you're saying that if the Wii and Xbox 360 were selling in all the same territories in EMEAA with the PS3, the Wii and Xbox 360 should be outselling it.  Or are you saying the reason why the PS3 is doing so well in Japan is because the Wii and Xbox 360 are not being sold there?

And you absolutely, completely missed my point as i'm not saying either of those two things.

And to clarify even more (so you don't try to cherrypick words into my mouth) I don't think its unfair in the least that the PS3 is sold in more countries then the other two cause all's fair in business. You reap what you sow.

"...PART of the reason why its selling better in EMEAA."

Then please explain.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:
yo_john117 said:

Then please explain.

Seems pretty self explanitory.  Part of the reason PS3 does better in EMEAA region is it is available in more countries in that region.  Perfectly reasonable conclusion and I don't think anyone would deny that (I'd hope not anyway)

Torillian said:
LivingMetal said:
yo_john117 said:

Then please explain.

Seems pretty self explanitory.  Part of the reason PS3 does better in EMEAA region is it is available in more countries in that region.  Perfectly reasonable conclusion and I don't think anyone would deny that (I'd hope not anyway)

And no one can deny that normally no one is going to buy something they don't want which is my point.  We don't know how sales would be if the Wii and Xbox 360 were sold in other EMEAA markets to compete with PS3 sales.  The original statement commented on was:

"but lest we forget, it [PS3] is available in more markets in EMAA, so it's almost automatically going to win every week here on out, thus is deserves to be judged more harshly IMO."

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3975363

...which the opposite can be concluded that if the Wii and Xbox 360 were also in those market, the PS3 will NOT win EMEAA.  That's the faulty logic of the quoted statement.  Something isn't gong to sell if it's the only choice.  Something is going to sell if it's desired enough.  I cannot gauge the intent and priorities of consumers and why they would buy one console over another in the EMEAA countries only offering the PS3.  But the basic principle still stands that if you don't want it, you don't buy it.  And yo_john can reiterate Metallicube's point over and over again.  But it will not make it more valid until we have something specific to support such a vague claim.

Reasonable said:
AussieGecko said:

throwing out there but expect when kinect has the full features in everywhere out of us/uk it will go gangbusters imo... its about to explode... why they havent done voice yet is ludicrous....

Well, anything's possible, but that seems a little unlikely IMHO.  Adding foregin languague voice commands seems to me to have little chance of suddenly making it more attractive.  Part of the issue is the perception Kinect lags US for features has now been established.  This was a risk MS took in their desire to get to the US market for holiday 2010 and, in some ways like their earlier rush to market, it has paid of well in US but arguably at the expense of better success globally.

yeah I agree with this. They should have released with full implementation world wide... its just stupidity they didnt, the next xbox better have the same features world wide, the gulf is too high atm

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

MightyGrogg said:

PC & PS3 gamers aren't easily duped.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

pezus said:

Almost everything relating to consoles released in EMEAA has not had full implementation compared to the US. The PS3 released there months after it had released in the US, most countries don't even have a PS store not to mention they lack almost every 'goddamn application' that the big countries get. It's quite annoying but I guess we're used to being screwed over by these companies.

Its not that, we as far as I know in Australia gets everything Japan and the US does, As far as Xbox360 goes we dont. This includes things like 1v100... it stopped before it came over here... bullshit. These are the main features. 

Look I am as big as a 360 fan as the next but I want to see what I paid for, dollar for dollar we are paying more than the US for our console and Gold and freaking Kinect, YET we get less than half the content and this is fact. Its pathetic and needs to change. Ms wonders why they only do well properly in UK, Canda and US well maybe if they gave the same damn features else where they may be popular there as well.

Most countries are getting the same features in Europe for PS3 then they are for other countries, people know what they are getting now, the internet helps that. Again... its bullshit. 

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752