By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: Paper manuals are no more

So long as they do include it on the disc. I liked it on Virtual Console games that included them on-board (before Nintendo started pulling that crap of putting the VC games' manuals on the Shop Channel), and would get along well with it as a Home/Dash menu or integrated online thing

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Honestly I like it when they give you a detailed thick manual and extra goodies (ie. FF1, Phantasy Star 2, Earthbound I think and some other RPGs came with maps) for FREE. Ys Seven Premium Edition was the exact same price as the regular edition though in limited quantities I think. It came with a cloth map, an artbook and a soundtrack CD. All for the regular price. Blazblue's limited edition was also only $60 as well. I like seeing that. Though obvoiusly because it was in limited quantity, the value of it shot up big time afterwards. Fuck this $80 Collector's Edition shit. I like seeing free goodies packed in. Personally I don't mind if they do away with manuals but if it's a well-done thick manual, it's nice to have. Most of the ones they have these days suck and I never touch em. I use my Super Street Fighter IV manual so that I have a quick reference guide for character moves. You can't exactly press pause mid-fight in an online match so it's good to have the manual with you if you want to learn a character's moves.

ssj12 said:

I wonder how many trees this will save.

How can you worry about trees in a such a sad time as this? All around us, publishers are stopping manual production, and you are worried about trees? Of all things, you worry about trees? That is disgusting.../s

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Nice! EA will be sure to pass on the savings to the consumer......right?

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

homer said:
ssj12 said:

How can you worry about trees in a such a sad time as this? All around us, publishers are stopping manual production, and you are worried about trees? Of all things, you worry about trees? That is disgusting.../s

its called advancement.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I can't remember the last time I actually used a manual or even looked at one.

My sinuses are trying to convince my brain that manuals are needed though.

Only GTA and Red Dead Redemption were useful and good.

Xen said:

Here's hoping that it doesn't turn into some kinda trend...

It pretty much is a trend paper manuals are slowly disappearing or contain only the bare minimum of information.

Goes back and looks at big ass manuals from old computer days...meh, I never read them anyways.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

ssj12 said:

none, more trees get planted for everyone that is cut down. thats the law