By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: Paper manuals are no more

Well that sucks! If they're moving completely towards digitial download I might as well just download the games from torrents.

I want my physical discs with all the goodies inside. That way it feels like I really bought something.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Well that sucks! If they're moving completely towards digitial download I might as well just download the games from torrents.

I want my physical discs with all the goodies inside. That way it feels like I really bought something.

well.. the way most EULA read, you don't. your licensing the game software. You do not own it. Don't you love how bad software companies have become. And see why we should support open-source software.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Xen said:
ssj12 said:
Xen said:
ssj12 said:
Xen said:

Here's hoping that it doesn't turn into some kinda trend...

why? while this is more of a profit motive then an environmental one, as an environmentalist I support this. Reduce paper, reduce waste, reduce deforesting. Basically a win-win-win.

I remember the days of browsing through my better manuals very fondly, that's why.

Manuals were great, when the internet sucked, but now they are useless. I get more information about specific aspects of a game on a forums then I ever did in the manuals or strategy guides.

I do not speak about practical info, I speak of art, feeling, and fabula. The internet can't deliver that in the way I like it.

Thats why collectors editions are made. Even back in the day traditional manuals didnt contain half the awesome a collectors edition did.

They were still awesome, look at the NES and SNES manuals! You can't (not) love them.

Xen said:
ssj12 said:
Xen said:
ssj12 said:

Manuals were great, when the internet sucked, but now they are useless. I get more information about specific aspects of a game on a forums then I ever did in the manuals or strategy guides.

I do not speak about practical info, I speak of art, feeling, and fabula. The internet can't deliver that in the way I like it.

Thats why collectors editions are made. Even back in the day traditional manuals didnt contain half the awesome a collectors edition did.

They were still awesome, look at the NES and SNES manuals! You can't (not) love them.

Some were still pretty bad. I mean Mortal Kombat 3's manual is completely useless.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Waste of paper and money.

Btw I have fond memories of flipping through Blizzard memories. But times change and this change is a good one.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Xen said:
ssj12 said:
Xen said:
ssj12 said:

Some were still pretty bad. I mean Mortal Kombat 3's manual is completely useless.

No good w/o bad.

I miss the times when manuals weren't just basic instructions, but also extensive guides about the game's lore.

The complete removal of them makes me feel like videogames are being "dehumanized", to put it in some way.

I'm too old for this gaming shit.

Most of EA's manuals have only been a few pages for the better part of the past decade anyway.  It's not like we are losing much.  It still sucks though.  I miss some of the great manuals that there used to be.  I was actually pleasently surprised by Overlord: Dark Legend.  Most third party manuals these days are black and white.  This was in color!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I wonder how many trees this will save.

Manuals feel more like a souvenir nowadays.

Then again, just recently I was trying to figure out how to do a crossover counter in MvC3.....surprisingly, it was abit hard to find on the internet.....somehow, i didn't stop and think to check the manual :z

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link