By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games released a while ago that you still play.

Chris Hu said:
radiantshadow92 said:

i beat infamous about once a week....

I could have played and beaten it last week when my younger brother borrowed his college roommates PS3 for sprink break but beat Uncharted 1&2 instead and played God of War I almost halfway through. 

your loss =p....have you beaten it once? If not then you must if you plan on playing infamous 2.

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
Chris Hu said:
radiantshadow92 said:

I could have played and beaten it last week when my younger brother borrowed his college roommates PS3 for sprink break but beat Uncharted 1&2 instead and played God of War I almost halfway through. 

your loss =p....have you beaten it once? If not then you must if you plan on playing infamous 2.

No but I have seen my brother play the first couple of hours of the game over a friends house last year.  I also beat the Force Unleashed not to long ago so I wanted to play something different.  I know Infamous is a better game but its still similar to the Force Unleashed.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl; I shelled out over 500 hourse within it's three years. Just now I was playing The Godfather: Blackhand Edition. IDK what went wrong with this game. Its the highest rated version and EA almost nailed it with the controls. I was only an associate and I took over all of the major families (Barzinis were last). As soon I became a soldier, I finaly took over all territories.

That final upgrade on the Tommy gun really helped me destroy the Barzinis

Chris Hu said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Chris Hu said:
radiantshadow92 said:

No but I have seen my brother play the first couple of hours of the game over a friends house last year.  I also beat the Force Unleashed not to long ago so I wanted to play something different.  I know Infamous is a better game but its still similar to the Force Unleashed.

Here are some differences. I know it looks a like because they are both third person and have electirc powers, but either way.

-Infamous is a sandbox game

-comic cutscenes

-Moral system

-Complete set of electric powers (grenades, lightning bolt, wave), unlijne unleased where you can only shoot it out.

-town that reacts to desicions made my cole

-a good story, unleashed had a whack story.

The only thing that is similar is that in unleashed you shoot electricity, but then again the way you shoot it is way different. You should really play it yourself.

radiantshadow92 said:
Chris Hu said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Chris Hu said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Here are some differences. I know it looks a like because they are both third person and have electirc powers, but either way.

-Infamous is a sandbox game

-comic cutscenes

-Moral system

-Complete set of electric powers (grenades, lightning bolt, wave), unlijne unleased where you can only shoot it out.

-town that reacts to desicions made my cole

-a good story, unleashed had a whack story.

The only thing that is similar is that in unleashed you shoot electricity, but then again the way you shoot it is way different. You should really play it yourself.

I probably will try to play it the next time I get a change to.  I'm planning to get a PS3 by the time Uncharted 3 comes out and Infamous 1&2 will be in my top five games to get besides all the Uncharted games.

Around the Network

Super Smash Bros.

Pokemon Yellow and Gold

Yu Gi Oh: Duelist of Roses

Resistance: Fall of Man

Valykria Chronicles

Diddy Kong Racing

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

the only games i replay are final fantasies

Mario Party 2 - This is just the best game to play in the middle of the night with friends, and maybe a beer. No party game since has matched the quality of this game. So that's an 11 year old game I still play. Frequently too!

Pokemone Red/Blue - I recently beat this game again on my phone (through an emulator). Amazing game, and it takes up so little memory. Best Pokemon ever, and they really haven't made them the same since. That's a 13 year old game I still play.

Project Gotham Racing 4 - I picked up this game new for $10 in 2008, and I held off playing it until I beat Forza 2 and Test: Drive Unlimited. However, in 2009 I couldn't hold off this game any longer (Forza 2 is long), and before I knew it Forza 3 was released. However I'm working on beating this game now, as Bizzarre Creations was an amazing company, and i recently beat Forza 3. This is a 4 year old game I still play.

Pikmin 1 - I didn't get this game until 2004 because I thought it looked silly, but man I was wrong. This was one of Nintendo's most original and best games in a long time. I look forward to a Wii remake, and as good as Pikmin 2 was. The original was the best. This is a 9 year old game I still play.

Other games, not quite as old, which I am still working on. Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Smash Bros Brawl, DBZ: Burst Limit, and Tales of Vesperia. Note I got a Wii recently, so a lot of my Wii games are old, but I only just started playing them.

Also, I ocassionally play a game of Kirby's Dream Course (SNES), but not frequently. This is the oldest game I still play, at 16 years of age. Still the best Kirby IMO.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

From this gen:

Oblivion

Fallout 3

Mass Effect 1 & 2

Dragon Age Origins

CoD 4

Uncharted 2

Crysis

Half-Life 2 & Eps 1 & 2 (whilst I await Ep 3)

Other games I still play:

Deus Ex

Final Fantasy VII

Super Mario World

SW: KoToR

Age of Mythology

Age of Empires

Starcraft

Heroes of Might and Magic III
Diablo 2
Touhou 7

I will play most fighting game when friends are over but I don't feel they should count as the appeal is generally the mates not the game as a whole.