By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do YOU want the Wii 2 to be like

Next generation will be true full HD for all content, so will the Oz. For media I don't want another noisy optical disc, like some of us have already discused, Nintendo should start using cartriges again. I'd like to see more interaction between the console and handheld, maybe both the Oz and the 3DS can do it this time around. Have them complement each other and enhance gameplay. We've seen a few examples in both the GC and Wii, but I'd like it to be more common.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

There is one thing pretty obvious: They´ll go for relativley low power consumption again, so a Solid state drive is for sure. Maybe 16-32 GB (i hope for a real SSD [thats a question of costs], not that very slow flash they got within the wii, wonder how they got the flash drive THAT slow).

So as flash memory is in overtake on optical disks in case of GBs, and hast benefits in access time, and transferrates, it could be cartriges again, but, the price per GB is a big drawback (see N64),..... possibility for this <10%.

Mordred11 said:
MrT-Tar said:

What I want:

Roughly 2.5x as powerful as PS3, with more RAM

20gb storage, expandable

unified online system

SEGA MD CD, Saturn and DC games on the VC

GC and Wii full backwards compatibility

Games come on a disc media based off Blu-ray or HD-DVD

Somewhere between the size of the Wii and half again as big

Retail in the U.K for roughly the same price as 3DS did originally - £230 ($375)

I seriously doubt Wii2 to even be as powerful as the PS3,let alone 2.5x more powerful.I even doubt the PS4 to be that powerful.

It would be quite difficult to release a $250-300 console in Autumn 2012 less powerful than a PS3 or a XB360. Even the cheapest mid-low range GPU available by then will be more powerful than this gen consoles' GPUs, same for the CPUs. Wii may be the least powerful this gen, but it still has 42% more total RAM than XBox1, and its 730MHz PowerPC CPU is a lot more powerful than the 730MHz Pentium III - Celeron hybrid in XB1, while its Radeon based GPU is clocked ~50% higher than GC's one, besides the obvious architectural evolution, and it also includes an ARM9 CPU as coprocessor. About Wii2, it's almost sure Ninty won't try to compete with the Cell with special processing units, but Power CPUs available will allow it to at least easily exceed XB360's Xenon tri-core CPU's processing power (and obviously also Cell's PPE, as the model used by PS3 has only one of them, relying more on SPEs). And RAM is already so cheap that Nintendo won't make the mistake to equip Wii2 with too little of it, offering the laziest 3rd parties an easy excuse to not port their games. So yes, 2.5 times the power of PS3 could be a reasonable target for PS4 and XB720, but 1.5 could be Wii2's one without implying excessive costs, and no console will offer an amount of main RAM significantly lower than competitors.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

-  It should have power, at least like ps360. And obviously HD.

-  Controls should remain about the same, wiimote nunchuk, but it should be refined further, maybe add some more buttons and wireless nunchuk.

-  A good online system with ONE code or name for all games, this i'm sure will happen because it's already on 3DS.

-  The name of the console i really don't care about.

-  More serious 3rd party support, not just the party games and lazy ports.

-  Blu-ray and DVD support if it has a disc slot at all.

-  VC obviously should return.

-  Storage should be sizeable. SSD or good flash memory.

That's all i could think of right now..

I want it to have a BD player, Wi-fi, Bluetooth, 500GB-1TB HDD, Be able to play 3D games in HD, have a non-motion controller and their current Wii-mote for some games. I would also like a good online community, easy access to my friends, the ability to stream music and video from my PC, have a remote online backup for my game saves and have the ability to set up different console users with different home screen themes.

On second thought I already have all that with my PS3 so I don't really see a need for another Wii.

Around the Network

This is Nintendo we are talking about guys!

You all are asking for too much!

Development team right now is trying to figure out how to adequately duck tape two Wiis together.

dany612 said:

This is Nintendo we are talking about guys!

You all are asking for too much!

Development team right now is trying to figure out how to adequately duck tape two Wiis together.

Why duck tape two Wiis when they could use four Gamecubes?

I'm too old for this gaming shit.

I'm desperately hoping that they don't get carried away and make it 3D

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:

It will no doubt support 3D (like GC and Wii) but it won't be the main feature or 'the hook'...unless they found some cheap way to do it glasses-less free (VERY unlikely).

radishhead said:

If they don't make it 3D, blocks will be hard to hit in the next Mario game, thus alienating players.

I'm too old for this gaming shit.