By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do YOU want the Wii 2 to be like

Airas said:
dany612 said:

This is Nintendo we are talking about guys!

You all are asking for too much!

Development team right now is trying to figure out how to adequately duck tape two Wiis together.

Why duck tape two Wiis when they could use four Gamecubes?

They're trying to be more efficient this time.

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:
radishhead said:

I'm desperately hoping that they don't get carried away and make it 3D

It will no doubt support 3D (like GC and Wii) but it won't be the main feature or 'the hook'...unless they found some cheap way to do it glasses-less free (VERY unlikely).

Do they support 3D? :o

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
Play4Fun said:
radishhead said:

I'm desperately hoping that they don't get carried away and make it 3D

It will no doubt support 3D (like GC and Wii) but it won't be the main feature or 'the hook'...unless they found some cheap way to do it glasses-less free (VERY unlikely).

Do they support 3D? :o

The Gamecube supported 3D, but the feature was never enabled because nobody wanted it. Luigi's Mansion was even developed with 3D in mind.

Assuming it's a traditional console and not something else like a VR machine then:

A quad core ~3.5 GHz CPU based on the latest Power PC tech

1 Gig Ram

GPU capable of 1080p output

16 GB or more internal storage

Full backwards compatability with Wii and GC, including controller ports.

WM with Vitality Sensor built in (no finger clamp deal, just hold the controller and it knows)

That'd make it noticably more powerful than PS3/360 yet not a whole lot more expensive.  It's very likely that'd cost less than $300 to build today.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

I just want good games and an online infastructure on the level of PSN/LIVE

Around the Network

you guys are all going about it backwards. this is Nintendo, not Sony.

Lets assume it'll cost about $300, okay? that means It'll have the best PC $150 can buy at time of launch (cost to manufacturer, of course), and an additional $100 of desruptive features that nobody else has done yet. That leaves $50 for profit split between Nintendo, shipping companies and retailers.

Now go figure out the specs of the machine...

edit: this machine here is $300 (cost to consumer) as of now. Profit margins are probably slim, but it's reasonable to assume it'll be around $150 to manufacture by holiday 2012-spring 2013.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

I won't bother with specs but more powerful, HD, '3D ready' more internal storage and much improved online are all musts. Unified friendcode.

Enhanced motion controls - WM (without constant recalibration) on both wii2mote and nunchuk.  Sure add camera. Add an embedded analog stick to the wiimote (similar to the one on the 3DS).   Better mic.

Backwards compatible with Wii, but I can't see GC.  Why bother with adding the controller and memory card ports?  It's becoming harder and harder to find GC games as it is.   Move GC to VC.

Channels are fine but much more streamlined and 'push' material to users (especially casuals), especially WW,VC, Demos, etc.    I'm amazed how many people don't even know about Wiiware/VC and especially demos.

Maybe do a simplified, Nintendo style,  mii-ifed version of Sony's Home in the Mii Channel.

More ingrained with social media.   Connect to Facebook/Youtube/etc.  IE: Post game achievements to Facebook, SSBBrawl2 fights to Youtube - direct from games.   This could potentially go much further.

The real question is what will be the new twist Nintendo adds?   DS had touch screen, Wii had motion controls, 3DS has 3D.   So what will Wii2 bring to make it revolutionary and more accessible?  Beats me.

Honestly, I just want it to have equal or better graphical ability to the PS3/360 and come with a traditional controller with the option of a motion controller to buy later.  After that, I don't really care, because I know Nintnedo is going to come up with something none of us can predict.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Stuff all the specs in there while keeping it to $299.99.

For an extra $50 on the $250 launch price, they can put "future-proof" stuff in there for those voracious 3rd parties who need 'power'.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Full backwards compatibility with the Wii, with Dolphin-like upscaler (or whatever it is called) that displays Wii games in full HD. (so also capabaility for Full HD built in of course).

Strong enough to play 3D games.

Size limit on Wiiware removed so whether a game is digital distribution or retail is a matter of choice for the developer.

Full, transparent communications with the 3DS, with the ability to start a game on the home console, continue on the 3DS, and then when back home continue where you stopped (with the 3DS) back on the console.

Ability to usethe 3DS as a sort of tablet controller for the console.

Add a camera peripheral to the controls to complemennt but don't dump the controller.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin