By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Best selling console for 2011? (Big Three)

Best selling console for 2011? (Big Three)

PS3 256 56.39%

Xbox 360 90 19.82%

Wii 104 22.91%

Total:450
trestres said:
Carl2291 said:
Pavolink said:

Wii. As someone has said before, "need more bundles". Also, a price cut would help.

I wonder if Zelda Aniversary will help the Wii.

Zelda's 20th has already gone by now. Was in February.

20th was in 2006 ;)

Meh, same thing

Around the Network

None of those games are going to have any sort of impact on overall sales this year ...

the next quarterly report (especially the forecast for next fy) will be pretty telling whether Wii or PS3 will sell more this year - the winner of that should take the overall crown

homer said:
Conegamer said:

I think that, as long as Nintendo release Zelda this year (100% chance), localise some Japanese only games (70% chance), cut the price (80% chance), release some awesome new games (95% chance) and advertise the hell out of the console (80% chance), it's likely te Wii will be first going into Christmas WW, and end up a few million ahead of the other two consoles. If not, then I reckon the Wii will still finish first, but it will be far closer, say, only by a million...

I want to make a bet with you. I think I will lose, but I want to bet that the ps3 will outsell the wii this year. I am 99% sure I will lose, but I want to make the bet anyways. Will you accept my bet?

Go for it! 

If the PS3 outsells the Wii by January 1st 2012 then you win, if not, I win (other consoles notwithstanding of course)

Winner gets avatar control for 3 weeks, and of course bragging rights to their friends

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
homer said:
Conegamer said:

I think that, as long as Nintendo release Zelda this year (100% chance), localise some Japanese only games (70% chance), cut the price (80% chance), release some awesome new games (95% chance) and advertise the hell out of the console (80% chance), it's likely te Wii will be first going into Christmas WW, and end up a few million ahead of the other two consoles. If not, then I reckon the Wii will still finish first, but it will be far closer, say, only by a million...

I want to make a bet with you. I think I will lose, but I want to bet that the ps3 will outsell the wii this year. I am 99% sure I will lose, but I want to make the bet anyways. Will you accept my bet?

Go for it! 

If the PS3 outsells the Wii by January 1st 2012 then you win, if not, I win (other consoles notwithstanding of course)

Winner gets avatar control for 3 weeks, and of course bragging rights to their friends

Let's make it interesting, how about Avatar control for 10 years. The ps3 has to have sold more units than the wii for this year, not overall. You get to brag to any of your friends when I lose except for Rainbird. Also, you have to tell me what Avatar control is exactly, because I have no idea how it works.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
Seece said:

None of those games are going to have any sort of impact on overall sales this year ...

lol, I wish Okamiden was a Wii game. 

The only upcoming game on any home console that could have any real meaningful impact of hardware sales would be Dragon Quest X on Wii, and that's only in Japan.

homer said:
Conegamer said:
homer said:
Conegamer said:

Go for it! 

Let's make it interesting, how about Avatar control for 10 years. The ps3 has to have sold more units than the wii for this year, not overall. You get to brag to any of your friends when I lose except for Rainbird. Also, you have to tell me what Avatar control is exactly, because I have no idea how it works.

This looks like an intresting bet I'm with Ps3 who else?

dsage01 said:
homer said:
Conegamer said:
homer said:
Conegamer said:

Go for it! 

Are you willing to endure 10 years of Avatar control(whatever that is)?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Currently it looks like PS3 will be 3rd place since it always has the weakest holiday (except for 2009 and a $100 price does that), just saying. Personally i think wii will be 3rd this year, hard to say which will be first and 2nd though, if PS3 aint ahead by a lot before holidays though, its safe to say that 360 will beat it.

homer said:
dsage01 said:
homer said:
Conegamer said:
homer said:
Conegamer said:

Go for it! 

Are you willing to endure 10 years of Avatar control(whatever that is)?

Yeah what is Avatar control?