By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft's vision for PC gaming

did anyone else see "Justin B." at 1:19?

casuals have to be the target audience with that name

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
osamanobama said:
mchaza said:

trust me, there are many xbox users that use bing.

but bing is picking up some market share (could be the markt that yahoo had, since yahoo is now bing) but google is still around 90% market share.

also GOOGLE is in the dictionary

wtf!? lol...

and google is down to around 60% to 70%

I think he means that people who enjoyed their 360 experience want to use other Microsoft branded products or services, Bing is simply one of them

kowenicki said:
osamanobama said:
kowenicki said:
mchaza said:

didnt bing get cought using google results.

also fun fact: Google is a word in the dictionary now

so is Hoover....  most wise people buy Dysons now...  

dont get me wrong.. I am one of those that ALWAYS uses Google, but to say Bing is crap and not gaining share is a bit silly.

i never said bing is not gaining market share, infact in my previous post i said they were.

also google market share is nearly 90% (i still dont know anyone other than two xbox owners who use bing)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/02/bing-advances-past-yahoo-to-become-worlds-second-most-used-sea/

Microsoft's upstart Bing. Statcounter places the February global share of search at 4.4 percent for Microsoft and 3.9 percent for Yahoo! (the Redmond giant can actually lay claim to a bigger slice since Bing "powers" Yahoo! search results in some countries), neither of which should give Google much reason for concern while it's sitting pretty with a share of just under 90 percent."

SuperAdrianK said:

This basically summed up all of my feelings.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

badgenome said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

A space lumberjack!!! I always wondered what was his use on Dune...   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

I don't see a problem...

If they want to try to cater to the wide range of tastes from Farmville to BF2 and the people who play them in between then props to them. If they go with it and it works it enrichens the game industry and if it doesn't then we haven't lost anything.

Theres nothing here to have a bitch about personally, unless you're like my old mate that I call the mad bitcher.

I'm with Squilliam on this one.  Besides, the PC's an open platform, and no one uses GFWL, so it's not like any PC gamer who's adverse to this approach is going to be impacted in any way.

kowenicki said:
naznatips said:
kowenicki said:
makingmusic476 said:
kowenicki said:

This could indicate that Bing’s results are better, but it can also mean that Google provides more information on the result page itself.

Well, there's also the accusation from Google that Bing copies their search results.

Yeah... which if it had any merit would be in court by now.

The point was Bing is growing steadily and has a good market share now, and refutes the oft held belief that MS cant do anything right.  On the contrary, they do most things right and very successfully too.

Did you actually read the article? Google's evidence is pretty damning. 

are they in court yet?

It's not an illegal practice, just an immoral one. I don't see why you think something has to be in court to be proved true. Their sting operation that they ran on Bing was incredibly conclusive.

kowenicki said:
naznatips said:
kowenicki said:
makingmusic476 said:
kowenicki said:

This could indicate that Bing’s results are better, but it can also mean that Google provides more information on the result page itself.

Well, there's also the accusation from Google that Bing copies their search results.

Yeah... which if it had any merit would be in court by now.

The point was Bing is growing steadily and has a good market share now, and refutes the oft held belief that MS cant do anything right.  On the contrary, they do most things right and very successfully too.

Did you actually read the article? Google's evidence is pretty damning. 

are they in court yet?

Fishy or unfair don't necessarily equal illegal.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

naznatips said:

It's not an illegal practice, just an immoral one. I don't see why you think something has to be in court to be proved true. Their sting operation that they ran on Bing was incredibly conclusive.

Maybe I'm not understanding the gravity of what Bing is doing...

Its a search engine that is apparently using resources from other search engines. Why is this wrong?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
naznatips said:

Maybe I'm not understanding the gravity of what Bing is doing...

Its a search engine that is apparently using resources from other search engines. Why is this wrong?

It's not "using resources" it's actually sampling data. Basically, Bing isn't searching anything but Google. So, if you search something on Bing, you're just taking Google data. I think that's rather wrong. It's like if you write a report, do all the work and research, and I just recopy it with my name on it in my own handwriting. That's what Bing does to Google. It's a form of plagiarism, but again, not illegal, just not particularly moral, and frankly kinda childish and pathetic.