By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft's vision for PC gaming

Alby_da_Wolf said:
makingmusic476 said:
kowenicki said:

This could indicate that Bing’s results are better, but it can also mean that Google provides more information on the result page itself.

Well, there's also the accusation from Google that Bing copies their search results.

An Italian forum user commented this news with this definition for Bing: "The best interface of Google after Google".   

http://punto-informatico.it/b.aspx?i=3081822&m=3082046#p3082046

Bing has all of Yahoo's search results. But who knows Yahoo could of got theres from google. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Mr Puggsly said:
naznatips said:

It's not "using resources" it's actually sampling data. Basically, Bing isn't searching anything but Google. So, if you search something on Bing, you're just taking Google data. I think that's rather wrong. It's like if you write a report, do all the work and research, and I just recopy it with my name on it in my own handwriting. That's what Bing does to Google. It's a form of plagiarism, but again, not illegal, just not particularly moral, and frankly kinda childish and pathetic. 

Uhhh... right. You have strong feelings about this.

If it was like stealing a report than it would be illegal. So maybe that's not a great analogy.

I don't know exactly how Google gathers its information but apparently MS is free to use it. God forbid MS use great resources that are legally available to them.

I didn't say stealing, I said copying. There's a difference, in the same way piracy is copying. You could say Bing is like a giant Google pirate lol. The reason it's not illegal is because Google's data is publicly available and useable. Google doesn't copyright search results, because, well, that would be kinda stupid. You can't copyright every-changing search results. Just because something's legal, however, doesn't make it morally justified. It's, again, really kinda pathetic that MS is so incompetent that they can't actually create their own searching algorithms. Even Yahoo doesn't piggyback on Google.

Lol. If I were Google, I would copyright a bunch of searches, and then sue MS for copying their results. That would be hilarious.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Alby_da_Wolf said:
mibuokami said:
Mr Puggsly said:
vlad321 said:

Damage control at its finest. You jsut got called out and now you are trying to damage control the damage control. That is kind of funny.

OT:

What the fuck is this shit?

No, I'm serious. This is clearly a video intended to appeal to core gamers.

No doubt about it.

It's a gui and not much different than what they have on the X-box, it shows off ALL the utility of PC gaming which include community gaming, casual gaming, monetised content that PC gamer are used to having for free (re: DLC) and yes even core gaming. If you break it down, there is really nothing horrifying about it, it just looks retarded as hell to watch xD.

Actually, nothing is wrong or horrifying, except the bolded part, and actually not making people pay for optional DLC, the really bad parts are two, crippling games to sell parts separately, and trying to "educate" users to accept the concept of paying for everything. If some hardcore gamers like to play deathmatches using rickety avatars, nothing wrong, there's no accounting for tastes, indeed killing them by headshot should be simpler, so much the better for the other players.   

Finally, for girls, chosing shoes and clothes is definitely hardcore: anybody having accompanied at least once his gf shopping and been mercilessly pwned by her with endless and restless hours of roaming should know it far too well, I'm appalled at the ignorance of some people about this issue!   

This has been there policy since day one, monetizing PC gaming, it's annoying but I'm not horrified by it, I've even learnt to ignore it and any publisher that endorses it.

0_0 wtf did I just see!?

and can't wait to buy 'the look' on Live someday! gonna be a BLAST!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

mibuokami said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
mibuokami said:
Mr Puggsly said:
vlad321 said:

Damage control at its finest. You jsut got called out and now you are trying to damage control the damage control. That is kind of funny.

OT:

What the fuck is this shit?

No, I'm serious. This is clearly a video intended to appeal to core gamers.

No doubt about it.

It's a gui and not much different than what they have on the X-box, it shows off ALL the utility of PC gaming which include community gaming, casual gaming, monetised content that PC gamer are used to having for free (re: DLC) and yes even core gaming. If you break it down, there is really nothing horrifying about it, it just looks retarded as hell to watch xD.

Actually, nothing is wrong or horrifying, except the bolded part, and actually not making people pay for optional DLC, the really bad parts are two, crippling games to sell parts separately, and trying to "educate" users to accept the concept of paying for everything. If some hardcore gamers like to play deathmatches using rickety avatars, nothing wrong, there's no accounting for tastes, indeed killing them by headshot should be simpler, so much the better for the other players.   

Finally, for girls, chosing shoes and clothes is definitely hardcore: anybody having accompanied at least once his gf shopping and been mercilessly pwned by her with endless and restless hours of roaming should know it far too well, I'm appalled at the ignorance of some people about this issue!   

This has been there policy since day one, monetizing PC gaming, it's annoying but I'm not horrified by it, I've even learnt to ignore it and any publisher that endorses it.

Yes, it's the right thing to do, and if I'm really interested in some games published that way, I wait for a collection including all the best DLC to be released. But the problem is that if too many PC users accept this business model without reacting, more publishers could embrace it. Luckily PC will always be one of  indies' main markets and some big publishers too understand they cannot go too far, but I'm annoyed anyway, I want to be able to choose the game, without being forced to choose the publishers first because it gets eccessively in the way of games' enjoyment.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!