By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why all the crysis 2 hype?

So why all of the crysis 2 hype. I tried the ps3 multiplayer demo and look at some single player videos. It really did'nt blow me away. People act like this game is the second coming of jesus are something. I mean the game looks alright,but i've seen much better games graphically. It does'nt seem to bring nothing new to the table. The armor mode and stealth mode have been been done before. When I play the demo,it seemed to play just like any other FPS. The only slightly different thing was that you could slide and do the air stomp. Big deal,that's been done in single player type games. So why all the hype over this game? How does it stand out over any other FPS on the market? I'm not trying knock anybody that's exciting about this game,but I really don't see what the big deal is.

Around the Network

Like me.. you are old.. we don't get that hyped anymore.. *looks at gf in sexy lingerie* ...see.. I used to get more hyped for that.. -___-"

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Because some people think it is supposedly better looking than killzone 3 and that was supposedly the best looking fps on the consoles.

That's the only explaination, as for the gameplay, I am not much interested in it since its mp sucked.

The demo was pretty bad, but someone mentioned that it was an old build, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I also think the hype has been extremely shallow, it's only started in the last few days and most of the message board impressions are fairly negative, with some people popping in every once in a while and praising the game. It's hype also isn't translating into sales, which judging by the Americas pre-order charts, it might actually bomb on consoles.

I was down on Crysis 2 earlier, but I've watched a few single player videos and I've heard the campaign goes on for 12 hours, so my interest went from 'bleh' to 'hmm' and I might pick it up at some point. I want Crytek to succeed on the consoles, mainly because I want another major player in the engine race, but the problem here is that they need to prove to everyone that they are the best at what they do, similar to what Epic did with Gears and Unreal Engine 3.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

i think deus ex will be a better game in terms of playing with futuristic gadgets and i dont think crysis will be taking anything away from the top tier online fps's already out there.

still looks nice and SP looks interesting but i agree, nothing special. (oh and good luck with their 90 metascore lol)

Around the Network

Because the demo was super fun and it's made by Crytek (an amazing studio)?

oldschoolfool said:

So why all of the crysis 2 hype. I tried the ps3 multiplayer demo and look at some single player videos. It really did'nt blow me away. People act like this game is the second coming of jesus are something. I mean the game looks alright,but i've seen much better games graphically. It does'nt seem to bring nothing new to the table. The armor mode and stealth mode have been been done before. When I play the demo,it seemed to play just like any other FPS. The only slightly different thing was that you could slide and do the air stomp. Big deal,that's been done in single player type games. So why all the hype over this game? How does it stand out over any other FPS on the market? I'm not trying knock anybody that's exciting about this game,but I really don't see what the big deal is.

its the 1st time crysis is coming to consoles. its not the best game eva or anything but people want to play it. i think it looks pretty good imo, it will be a bargain basement game for me though

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Boutros said:

Because the demo was super fun and it's made by Crytek (an amazing studio)?

Yes boutros,everything is super fun and amazing in your world. lol

Because Crysis 1 was amazing and second name a game where you're playing as a super soldier that is able to make himself invisble, use additional armor, run faster than Usain Bolt, jump 3 meters high, can grab and throw enemy soldiers, use thermal vision, kick cars, customize weapons and nano suit abilities

plus incredible enemy AI, amazing graphics, Hans Zimmer music

Not even the Master Chief is able to do everything from this list.

Barozi said:

Because Crysis 1 was amazing and second name a game where you're playing as a super soldier that is able to make himself invisble, use additional armor, run faster than Usain Bolt, jump 3 meters high, can grab and throw enemy soldiers, use thermal vision, kick cars, customize weapons and nano suit abilities

incredible enemy AI, amazing graphics, Hans Zimmer music

Not even the Master Chief is able to do everything from this list.

I would'nt say amazing graphics,maybe if you get it on pc.