By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why all the crysis 2 hype?

tuscaniman said:
mantlepiecek said:

I just played uncharted 2 nepal, I have to say Uncharted 2 looks better. Much much better and I can easily say there are some portions of Castlevania that look better too.

Congratulations on basing your firsthand experience of a game and comparing it to YouTube videos.

What are you doing then? Aren't you basing the comparisons on youtube videos as well?

Do you have the game? Have you played both of them together to compare them?

Around the Network
DemoPS3 said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:

Because it looks fantastic in every way, including gameplay.

Just wow. Possibly and probably the best looking game on consoles.

did'nt look wow to me. Looks just like any other FPS. The third video was the only one that looked half way impressive,but to call it the best looking game on consoles is just simply not true.

You're just saying that cos u prefer the PS3.

Post a video from a shooter that looks better then and put it side by side to one of my videos.

How do you know what I prefer. I have all 3 systems bye the way. It's fine if your hyped and excited about it,but I simply don't get it. What looks good to one person,does'nt look good to another.

Stop dodging.

Put your KZ3 video there (or whichever shooter you think is mindblowing) beside one of those Crysis 2 videos above and we'll compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74jXOEhUmyY&feature=related

And 720p MLAA, not sub HD like Crysis 2. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-zBdCxd_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyrhhFoJDN4

Needless to post GoW III Titan fights, that would be unfair. ^^

Crysis 2 looks better than all those 3 vids.

The KZ3 vid u chose is poor because it shows a huge pre-animated monster á la God of War. I bet there are better ones.

There are levels of Uncharted 2 that look better than those two vids.

Have you even watched those Crysis 2 videos? They're insane!

DemoPS3 said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:

did'nt look wow to me. Looks just like any other FPS. The third video was the only one that looked half way impressive,but to call it the best looking game on consoles is just simply not true.

Post a video from a shooter that looks better then and put it side by side to one of my videos.

How do you know what I prefer. I have all 3 systems bye the way. It's fine if your hyped and excited about it,but I simply don't get it. What looks good to one person,does'nt look good to another.

Stop dodging.

Put your KZ3 video there (or whichever shooter you think is mindblowing) beside one of those Crysis 2 videos above and we'll compare.

Honestly the only video you posted that looks just as good as the Crysis videos posted was the KZ3 one...why would you pick the worst videos ever of Uncharted 2?

Needless to say from what I've seen in the videos Crysis 2 is comparable to KZ3.

But like I have said in other threads I will save my final judgement for when I actually play Crysis 2.

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Bold: indeed. I admit, I agree. But do you realize that you're one of very few PS3 fans who even admit Crysis looks impressive? Most Sony fans are "meh", and that's just sad to see.

But CGI, you don't have to be afraid of saying that Crysis 2 looks better than any X360 exclusive.

KZ2&3 and Uncharted 2 is debatable, I'll happily give that, but Crysis 2 graphics definitely slays Gears 2.

I'm far from afraid to say what I think (I thought by now, I would have proven that ). Gears of War 2 is still the most impressive game I've seen on the 360 (mind you, like much of the rest of the site, I've yet to play the full game of Crysis 2). Crysis 2 (again, form what I've seen) has some areas that are truly impressive (textures, draw distance, and lighting come to mind). But it lacks what other titles in the genre have (huge set pieces, amount of things taking place on screen, in your face character models).

I'm only judging footage though, so after an extensive good week of playtime, I'll come back and make a much better judgment of the game.

I don't know why you think huge set pieces are amazing, they are not.  If anything, the size is arbitrary and the textures needed don't have to be as high detail as closer models.  Serious Sam 1 had huge bosses too and threw lots of things at you at the same time.

From looking at those videos, Killzone reminds me of Quake 4 with some postprocessing effects.  Uncharted 2 had some good scenes, but aside from a decent lighting model it looks pretty standard.  Crysis 2 looked pretty standard except for that 3rd video where it was showing lighting effects underwater, that was classic Crysis and it was impressive to see running on consoles.

Overall, all of those engines looked about the same in terms of texture detail as expected since both consoles have roughly the same amount of video RAM.  All the games had compromises, but usually in places where the player won't notice until they are looking for those things.  It looks like all the console games still target a rather unimpressive 30FPS.  I'll take 60 FPS over visuals anyday.

The graphical differences between the 360 and PS3 isn't anything to write home about, and I think most of the public agrees.

tuscaniman said:
DemoPS3 said:
tuscaniman said:

Lmao, good one.

Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 destroy it ( and are in real 720p ). ;)

Yeah Killzone 3's lack of ragdoll physics, 2D flames, and low res explosions are much more impressive :/

you are the only one that thinks that.

it simply not true, killzone has some of the best (read best) explosions and flames in the biz. sites like lense of true and digital foundry confirm thta.

also i hasnt noticed any ragdoll physics in crysis, after you die, you go stiff as a board, it really weird and im not used to that in games

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
DemoPS3 said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:
oldschoolfool said:
Slimebeast said:

Stop dodging.

Honestly the only video you posted that looks just as good as the Crysis videos posted was the KZ3 one...why would you pick the worst videos ever of Uncharted 2?

Needless to say from what I've seen in the videos Crysis 2 is comparable to KZ3.

But like I have said in other threads I will save my final judgement for when I actually play Crysis 2.

have you seen the image clarity on killzone 3? the explosions and animations they are much much better than crysis 2. CR2 is a looker but i feel COD would be more of a comparison as they seem to be similar

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Let's all agree and say that FFXIII is the best looking game on consoles.

DemoPS3 said:
tuscaniman said:
DemoPS3 said:
tuscaniman said:
DemoPS3 said:
tuscaniman said:

Simple, because the multiplayer demo was an old build, made by a different dev team, and the SP is the best looking game graphically for consoles.

Lmao, good one.

Yeah Killzone 3's lack of ragdoll physics, 2D flames, and low res explosions are much more impressive :/

Still looks better than Crysis 2, and Uncharted 2 does too. :)

And when you think that Uncharted 3 is coming soon ...

Edit : Forgot GoW III, which is more impressive too ( and also 720p, not sub HD like Crysis ^^ ).

Show me where Crysis 2, an unreleased game, is proven to be in sub HD. I don't want to see some demo build analysis, I want to see where the finished game itself is proven to be in sub HD.

Lmao, yeah they're going to change something like the resolution just before release. :)

http://pds21.egloos.com/pds/201101/26/09/a0037809_4d3fe4dbc7a7f.jpg

The game is sub HD with poor AA. :/ Quite a difference with some PS3 exclusive like Uncharted 2, Killzone 3 or GoW III which have an amazing image quality. :/

But it's not that bad, nobody was expecting it to look better than the best PS3 exclusives. ^^ It still looks very good. ^^

youd be surprised.

but dont get ahead of your self the very much could get the resolution to 720p with a more recent build.

you might be eating crow later.

but, imo crysis cant wont look better than the games you mentioned because it doesnt even touch much of the spe's of the cell, thats the flaw in multiplatform engines, they are built for xbox and pc architecture in mind, but hardly ever tap into the cell. sony 1st party devs, build their engines around the cell and the ps3, and only the ps3, so they fully take advantage of it power, that why no game will look better than the killzones unchrted 2, 3, and GOW

osamanobama said:
tuscaniman said:
DemoPS3 said:
tuscaniman said:

Lmao, good one.

you are the only one that thinks that.

it simply not true, killzone has some of the best (read best) explosions and flames in the biz. sites like lense of true and digital foundry confirm thta.

also i hasnt noticed any ragdoll physics in crysis, after you die, you go stiff as a board, it really weird and im not used to that in games

i said that at the begining the animations are very poor in CR2 judging from demo and gunplay was awful, look at char models in uncharted 1 2 compared to crysis 2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

tuscaniman said:
mantlepiecek said:

I just played uncharted 2 nepal, I have to say Uncharted 2 looks better. Much much better and I can easily say there are some portions of Castlevania that look better too.

Congratulations on basing your firsthand experience of a game and comparing it to YouTube videos.

congratulations, you have done the exact same thing