By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 blowout. Amazing.

With Crysis 2 nearly here what better way to celebrate than to see the game on the 3 platforms. And I'll even throw in the first 25 mins of Beta footage to. CryEngine 3 must have been in the making for sometime. With everything in realtime it's seriously impressive. Enjoy. SPOILER ALERT! SPOILERT ALERT!

First up, here is Crysis 2 running on 360 Hardware specs. 

Crysis 2 PS3 specced footage.

PC footage on maximum settings.

Around the Network

^^

Dunno why that happens sometimes...

I said; I'm going to start gaming on PC from now on

Dr.Grass said:

^^

Dunno why that happens sometimes...

I said; I'm going to start gaming on PC from now on

Yeah that PC footage is something else.

The leaked beta lacks DX11 for the PC. The final version shall look even better.

Around the Network

Wow, it looks the same as every other game this generation.

Based on the PS3 demo, I can honestly that it looks far from amazing. So many issues, just soooo many. If they put out an old build, then thats their fault, but I can honestly say that I wasn't impressed (a quick check will show that other forums agree).

Id Tech 5 is our only saviour! Rage shall prevail!

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Looks significantly worse than the first one and warhead. With more linear gameplay to boot. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

haxxiy said:

The leaked beta lacks DX11 for the PC. The final version shall look even better.

Yeah. It is seriously awesome. I'm impressed what Crytek have managed to do with the consoles though. Most console games exclusives or otherwise have small environments or some low res textures etc. They forfiet some part to make it look good.

But CryEngine 3 seems to be able to deal with realtime physics, Deformation, large environments, Global Realtime lighting etc etc fine on consoles. It's quite a feat what is achieved here.

Really cant wait to see Codename Kingdoms. It doesnt seem like an FPS either.

Doobie_wop said:

Based on the PS3 demo, I can honestly that it looks far from amazing. So many issues, just soooo many. If they put out an old build, then thats their fault, but I can honestly say that I wasn't impressed (a quick check will show that other forums agree).

Id Tech 5 is our only saviour! Rage shall prevail!

It's not final build nor running directly on a PS3. Dont panic. The shadow issues will not be in the retail build.