By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 blowout. Amazing.

selnor said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
The media are the ones you are quoting. Game Reactor said Crysis 2 is fighting with those games. I didnt.

Nope. Game Reactor said Uncharted 2 is better.

Since when did reviewer opinions become facts?

For me? Never.

I just said that reviewer said something else.

So what your saying is the reviewer claimed one thing in the review everyone will read. And something entirely different in a forum. Seems the reviewer has a split personality.

He wasn't claimed that in his review.

His words in his review:

"  The amount of detail is insane, and the effects are incredible. The console versions are, of course, not as fancy as on the PC, but they are still fighting for the top spots when it comes to being the graphical kings for their respective formats."

http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/6760/Crysis 2/?amp

Fighting for the top spot is not the same as claiming the top spot. He answered a fanmail with a statement and a clear one, that Uncharted 2 remains on top and the fact that he won't answer whether its better than Gears 2 or not, makes it pretty clear that the console version is NOT the new .."graphics king" if you will. He did however claim Killzone 3 to be on par with Uncharted 2, and not worse.

He's already said it, its there. If you decide to ignore his own words, then theres really no point in talking to you. Im not saying the game isn't good looking at all, im just stating that Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 are better looking according to the cheif editor of Sweden which also appears to be so highly regarded that they translated his review to the EU mag ^^.

Seems to me some reviewers are after hits. Hmmm.

I've been on GR as long as I've been on VGC. If anything, they are far more credible than this Sony populated boards, which I am even more proud to be a part of ^^.

Facts are facts, he stated what he thoughts and a lot listen to him. Merely all im saying. I, like others, will take his words over yours.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
selnor said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
The media are the ones you are quoting. Game Reactor said Crysis 2 is fighting with those games. I didnt.

For me? Never.

So what your saying is the reviewer claimed one thing in the review everyone will read. And something entirely different in a forum. Seems the reviewer has a split personality.

His words in his review:

"  The amount of detail is insane, and the effects are incredible. The console versions are, of course, not as fancy as on the PC, but they are still fighting for the top spots when it comes to being the graphical kings for their respective formats."

Fighting for the top spot is not the same as claiming the top spot. He answered a fanmail with a statement and a clear one, that Uncharted 2 remains on top and the fact that he won't answer whether its better than Gears 2 or not, makes it pretty clear that the console version is NOT the new .."graphics king" if you will. He did however claim Killzone 3 to be on par with Uncharted 2, and not worse.

He's already said it, its there. If you decide to ignore his own words, then theres really no point in talking to you. Im not saying the game isn't good looking at all, im just stating that Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 are better looking according to the cheif editor of Sweden which also appears to be so highly regarded that they translated his review to the EU mag ^^.

I've been on GR as long as I've been on VGC. If anything, they are far more credible than this Sony populated boards, which I am even more proud to be a part of ^^.

Facts are facts, he stated what he thoughts and a lot listen to him. Merely all im saying. I, like others, will take his words over yours.

~I meant either his very clear comments in the review are for hits or his forum board posts are. The review is very clear and cannot be twisted. And to further backup what media seem to be printing in reviews, we have now got full proper confirmation that the videos everyone thought were PC are actually 360 footage. Seems people have been agreeing it owns but saying it's because it's PC running it, with  360 settings. It would seem the 360 version is identical as the brand new video has shown us.

The guy kindly flicks through all the options including graphics options to clearly show us it's the 360 version.

selnor said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

For me? Never.

His words in his review:

~I meant either his very clear comments in the review are for hits or his forum board posts are. The review is very clear and cannot be twisted. And to further backup what media seem to be printing in reviews, we have now got full proper confirmation that the videos everyone thought were PC are actually 360 footage. Seems people have been agreeing it owns but saying it's because it's PC running it, with  360 settings. It would seem the 360 version is identical as the brand new video has shown us.

The guy kindly flicks through all the options including graphics options to clearly show us it's the 360 version.

No comment. GR is the first site to have reviewed the game apparantly ^^.