By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 blowout. Amazing.

ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
The media are the ones you are quoting. Game Reactor said Crysis 2 is fighting with those games. I didnt.

Nope. Game Reactor said Uncharted 2 is better.

Since when did reviewer opinions become facts?

For me? Never.

I just said that reviewer said something else.

So what your saying is the reviewer claimed one thing in the review everyone will read. And something entirely different in a forum. Seems the reviewer has a split personality.

Around the Network
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
The media are the ones you are quoting. Game Reactor said Crysis 2 is fighting with those games. I didnt.

For me? Never.

So what your saying is the reviewer claimed one thing in the review everyone will read. And something entirely different in a forum. Seems the reviewer has a split personality.

He wasn't claimed that in his review.

ethomaz said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

For me? Never.

His words in his review:

"  The amount of detail is insane, and the effects are incredible. The console versions are, of course, not as fancy as on the PC, but they are still fighting for the top spots when it comes to being the graphical kings for their respective formats."

http://www.gamereactor.eu/reviews/6760/Crysis 2/?amp

Nsanity said:
mantlepiecek said:
tuscaniman said:

Halo:Reach does have better graphics than Gears of War 2. Gears of War 3 on the other hand will destroy both.

No it doesn't. Halo Reach was actually criticised for graphics by IGN. Gears 2 looks awesome and if I didn't own killzone 2, I would have said it looks better than killzone 2 as well, its just that after playing it made me realize otherwise.

Selnor is obviously downing games like Uncharted 2 for no reason. People did the same when Alan Wake was releasing, I am sorry but people shouldn't get their hopes up before even seeing how the game looks.

But Gears of War 3 I agree with, I have seen its videos and it does look amazing better than crysis 2 by margin.

It's not our fault IGN can't tell the difference between closed corridor or open area games.

Hey, Assassins Creed 2 and brotherhood both look better than Halo Reach, and they are both more open than Halo Reach so its not their fault either.

Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

Well if you read the review, you'd see the facts they provide on the techniqual part.

Around the Network
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

For me? Never.

His words in his review:

"  The amount of detail is insane, and the effects are incredible. The console versions are, of course, not as fancy as on the PC, but they are still fighting for the top spots when it comes to being the graphical kings for their respective formats."

Fighting for the top spot is not the same as claiming the top spot. He answered a fanmail with a statement and a clear one, that Uncharted 2 remains on top and the fact that he won't answer whether its better than Gears 2 or not, makes it pretty clear that the console version is NOT the new .."graphics king" if you will. He did however claim Killzone 3 to be on par with Uncharted 2, and not worse.

He's already said it, its there. If you decide to ignore his own words, then theres really no point in talking to you. Im not saying the game isn't good looking at all, im just stating that Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 are better looking according to the cheif editor of Sweden which also appears to be so highly regarded that they translated his review to the EU mag ^^.

mantlepiecek said:
Nsanity said:
mantlepiecek said:
tuscaniman said:

Halo:Reach does have better graphics than Gears of War 2. Gears of War 3 on the other hand will destroy both.

No it doesn't. Halo Reach was actually criticised for graphics by IGN. Gears 2 looks awesome and if I didn't own killzone 2, I would have said it looks better than killzone 2 as well, its just that after playing it made me realize otherwise.

Selnor is obviously downing games like Uncharted 2 for no reason. People did the same when Alan Wake was releasing, I am sorry but people shouldn't get their hopes up before even seeing how the game looks.

But Gears of War 3 I agree with, I have seen its videos and it does look amazing better than crysis 2 by margin.

It's not our fault IGN can't tell the difference between closed corridor or open area games.

Hey, Assassins Creed 2 and brotherhood both look better than Halo Reach, and they are both more open than Halo Reach so its not their fault either.

That's the case - Just Cause 2 > eveything

Nsanity said:
mantlepiecek said:

That's the case - Just Cause 2 > eveything

Just cause 2 doesn't look as good as Assassins Creed 2 though. I have played both Just cause is just a lot more open that's all, and has some fun gameplay elements.

I was'nt amazed with the ps3 demo. I'm not going to go over the issue's that people have already stated.

Aldro said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
ethomaz said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:
selnor said:

For me? Never.

His words in his review:

Fighting for the top spot is not the same as claiming the top spot. He answered a fanmail with a statement and a clear one, that Uncharted 2 remains on top and the fact that he won't answer whether its better than Gears 2 or not, makes it pretty clear that the console version is NOT the new .."graphics king" if you will. He did however claim Killzone 3 to be on par with Uncharted 2, and not worse.

He's already said it, its there. If you decide to ignore his own words, then theres really no point in talking to you. Im not saying the game isn't good looking at all, im just stating that Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3 are better looking according to the cheif editor of Sweden which also appears to be so highly regarded that they translated his review to the EU mag ^^.

Seems to me some reviewers are after hits. Hmmm.