By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 blowout. Amazing.

Aldro said:Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game to date?

Their answer was: No. Uncharted 2 is still the best.

(In their KZ3 review however, they said KZ3 can only be challenged by Uncharted 2).

I agree. U2 > K3 > GoW3 > C2.

Around the Network

I can't really judge too much on youtube videos but I would say Crysis 2 looks like it will be one of the better looking titles on the consoles...not as good as the heavy hitters but its definitely not a slouch.

Gameplay looks pretty fun too.

ethomaz said:
selnor said:
Never judge graphics on multiplayer. Games look far less detailed and smaller environments on Multiplayer.

And Black Ops ( the horrible excuse and complete waste of time for an FPS game ) multiplayer looked nowhere near as good as the Crysis 2 demo.

I was in the Reach Beta. And the final game Single player campaign was miles better visually.

Compared to Crysis 2 PS3 MP Demo... Blacks Ops is better in graphics and gameplay.

I'm not saying the final version will be the same (could be way better) but the first impression (Demo based) is disappointing and because it I will not buy the game.

That the second game this week I will not buy becase the boring and disappointing demo... Mortal Combat and Crysis 2.

The demos should show what the game really is for me buy it... I love the 60 mim trials because I can know how the game is... I buy 3 games this year based in my trial play.

Its Mortal Kombat...with a K. You think Mortal Kombat is boring? You must just not like that franchise since the new MK has finally went back to its roots with some small tweaks.

I agree with Crysis 2 though....6v6 MP, small maps, bad hit detection, its a terrible MP experience. I'm not buying it. I think I'll download the PS3 demo and compare it to the 360 demo. I will say one thing though. Black Ops does not look as good as the 360 demo so the PS3 demo must be way inferior.

PullusPardus said:
zgamer5 said:
PullusPardus said:

to me everything about this game seem unimpressive,aside from graphics , gameplay seems a bit mixed to meh, its boring after you get tired of shooting at grass that has "God rays" on them, the storyline is even weaker than the first (which seems impossible since the first had a terrible storyline)

and  graphically  its nowhere near as good as games already released which is what the only thing that Crysis used to do right, this series is just a big ass tech demo for your computer, i barely find it any fun.

Bulletstorm even though released before it, look better, hell even Bad company 2 looks better at some parts (i'm talking on PC) , and Battlefield 3 already look miles better than all these games both gameplay wise and graphically, so i'd rather wait for that and not waste money on this.

(and on second thought screw all these games and get Skyrim )

hey! hey!

even though i agree with you, don't curse guild of wars 2!!

other then that what are we going to play waiting for skyrim? oblivion? i played it in summer. so i must buy other games :(

Two Worlds 2 and Yakuza 4 are a good games to play, huge time sinks! , not sure about Dragon Age 2 haven't got it yet (still not decided to play it on PC or console =s )

il get it and il help you :). but im also getting black and white at the same time so im going to have time constraints

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Aldro said:

From the review at GameReactor.se, the full game uses DirectX 9 :[. They also answered a fanmail

where the question was:

Is Crysis 2 the best looking console game to date?

(In their KZ3 review however, they said KZ3 can only be challenged by Uncharted 2).

Thus those two games (Uncharted 2 & Killzone 3) are still on top and while Crytek did create a really beautiful looking game, it still lacks to be the best on consoles (Which isn't really that big of a deal, but considering quite a few thought it would be crowned TEH KINGZ! It's still fun to see the first party games having an advantage ^^. Agree with topic title though.

Looks amazing, especially on PC *Jizz.

Huge fail here. The PC demo itself used DX10. LOL.

It's bad when sites lie for early press.

Around the Network

...PC it is then.

ethomaz said:

Just to point out what the media thought of Crysis 2 5 months after Uncharted 2 released. When the media was shown Crysis 2 campaign for the first time on 360 and PS3. This was the reaction. Remember, they already rated and knew of Uncharted 2 at this time.

Why Crysis 2 is the best-looking game on 360 (and PS3)

Crysis 2 is the best looking game on console. Boom.

There's your takeaway statement. There's your excuse to scurry for the comments section foaming at the mouth, dismiss this article as the ranting of as a clueless moron who doesn't know what he's talking about or read on in interest. Perhaps even all three.

But however you react, Crysis 2 is what it is. It's the best looking game on console. Or rather, the best looking game on 360.

"What about PlayStation 3?" you cry, waving a DualShock3 in disgust. Blame Crytek for that one.

When we attend the Crysis 2 world premiere in New York earlier this week, it's obvious from the Crytek turnout that they know that you know Crytek can make great looking PC games (see Crysis 1).

The only question mark hangs over the studio's ability to take advantage of CryEngine 3 on console. That means choosing between showing gameplay on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. They opt for 360.

There is no real reason for choosing Microsoft's console to showcase its baby, Crytek explains to flustered journalists at the reveal. They just had to pick a side and figured they'd run with Xbox 360.

They shrug off the decision with a casual indifference that suggests they aren't quite aware how hot the frontlines are in the console war, having come from the solidarity world of PC.

It's worth nothing that Crytek's reps take time out of their Crysis 2 presentation to focus on CryEngine3 and all the fancy new stuff it can do. It's during this demonstration that we catch the briefest of glimpses of Crysis 2 on 360 and PlayStation 3 running side by side. Deep breath. Ready? Both versions look exactly the same. And relax.

Crytek shows off the interior of a building and how the shading changes during the day/night cycle - and there's nothing to pick between the two versions. It's the only side-by-side comparison during the event and the only time Crytek drops its guard to show the PlayStation 3 version.

CryEngine3 demo over, we're then shown a pre-rendered trailer, met with polite and curious applause from the room full of journalists rather than whooping or hollering.

Anyone could put together a pre-rendered trailer, after all, and that's not the reason journalists travelled across the globe to see what Crytek could do. The real test comes when the gameplay footage was shown, which is next on the list. When it lands, you can hear jaws hit the floor in sync with the big moments of the demonstration.

Crytek decides to run through a hefty chunk of gameplay in real-time to prove that what we are witnessing isn't an elaborate smoke and mirrors act.

As with most real-time demonstrations, it lends a clumsy but authentic feel to the demonstration; indeed, it's easy to picture that what Crytek shows off is the exact same experience gamers at home will have (especially given whichever Crytek employee was at the controls had almost no aim whatsoever with their shotgun).

So how does it look? Well... awesome. Crysis 2 is the kind of game that makes it all too easy to stray into list territory when describing the visuals. So we will anyway: Glass shatters and falls under gunfire; bullets ping off concrete blocks while throwing up thick clouds of dust; cars warp and crumple under heavy alien feet; buildings shake off suffocating layers of settled dirt thanks to nearby rumbles and shockwaves, often caused by aliens bursting through the concrete.

Yet picking and listing the ingredients does a disservice to the overall cocktail of visual splendour. It's the way everything hangs together that made us want to check round the back of the screen to see if the leads were running to a 360 or a nuclear-powered PC.

Crytek spend a great deal of time talking about the gameplay changes to the Nanosuit, and the hiring of sci-fi scribe Richard Morgan to write the story - both genuine efforts to address complaints thrown at its predecessor.

But the real takeaway here is the sentence we opened up with. If you remember only one thing from this, make it so: Crysis 2 is the best looking game on console. Boom.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/242181/features/why-crysis-2-is-the-best-looking-game-on-360-and-ps3/

I think many will be shocked at some of the comments in media for the CryEngine 3. It certainly appears to be the first engine for consoles with no smoke and mirrors to the engine. Everything appears to be in realtime.

@selnor

That a one year old article write before any playable build for consoles.

ethomaz said:

@selnor

That a one year old article write before any playable build for consoles.

It was a playable build of a section of single player. Running straight off an xbox 360. Did you read the article?

My point was, many people have been playing down Crysis 2 for at least 12 months. Many people I predict will hate many different media publications for their thoughts on Crysis 2 game engine.

The very first review on Metacritic already says Cryis 2 fights at the top for graphics king on both PS3 and 360 where consoles are concerned. Using descriptions similar to those CVG used a year ago. Coincidence?

I for one expected nothing less from a developer who has had the best graphics award for over 10 years in Far Cry first followed by Crysis 1. The move to consoles will make no difference to their talents.

selnor said:
ethomaz said:

Just to point out what the media thought of Crysis 2 5 months after Uncharted 2 released. When the media was shown Crysis 2 campaign for the first time on 360 and PS3. This was the reaction. Remember, they already rated and knew of Uncharted 2 at this time.

Why Crysis 2 is the best-looking game on 360 (and PS3)

Crysis 2 is the best looking game on console. Boom.

That argument has hapened and debunked already. And the PC demo doesn't use DX10 it uses DirectX 9, Directx 11 will get patched in the game later on after release.