By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 blowout. Amazing.

leatherhat said:

Looks significantly worse than the first one and warhead. With more linear gameplay to boot. 

Remeber the PC build shown is not the fully supported version for the latest top PC's. Also the linear gameplay is welcome for me. :)

Around the Network
selnor said:
Doobie_wop said:

Based on the PS3 demo, I can honestly that it looks far from amazing. So many issues, just soooo many. If they put out an old build, then thats their fault, but I can honestly say that I wasn't impressed (a quick check will show that other forums agree).

Id Tech 5 is our only saviour! Rage shall prevail!

It's not final build nor running directly on a PS3. Dont panic. The shadow issues will not be in the retail build.

Good to know. Crytek needs this to succeed, it's basically their show piece for their engine and if it doesn't run nearly perfectly on consoles, then other developers are going to stick with Unreal, Havok or move on to Id Tech 5 or something.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

haxxiy said:

The leaked beta lacks DX11 for the PC. The final version shall look even better.

Wow.  That was already some pretty impressive stuff.

On topic, I was on the fence whether to buy Homefront this week or Crysis 2 next week; for the single player at least, I'm now definitely leaning towards Crysis 2.

The multiplayer beta was fun, but nothing crazy special IMO, but a solid SP campaign could be fun and it looks like Crysis 2 might deliver.

selnor said:
leatherhat said:

Looks significantly worse than the first one and warhead. With more linear gameplay to boot. 

Remeber the PC build shown is not the fully supported version for the latest top PC's. Also the linear gameplay is welcome for me. :)

Of course it is.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
selnor said:
leatherhat said:

Of course it is.

It was a Beta build. It did not include DX11 support, and did not include any of the scalable options for graphics found in Crysis 1 and Warhead. There is only 4 options for graphics in the Beta, and Online PC Multiplayer demo.

Around the Network
selnor said:
leatherhat said:
selnor said:
leatherhat said:

Of course it is.

It was a Beta build. It did not include DX11 support, and did not include any of the scalable options for graphics found in Crysis 1 and Warhead. There is only 4 options for graphics in the Beta, and Online PC Multiplayer demo.

Not the part of  you post I was responding to.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
selnor said:
leatherhat said:
selnor said:
leatherhat said:

Of course it is.

Not the part of  you post I was responding to.

ROFL.

This isn't how its going to look though, the 360 and PS3 hardware are a bit different from the PCs so even with the config its going to still look a lil different. Like I am sure it will have QMSAA on the PS3. So it may look a little blurred. And the performance might get affected.

And I disagree with the good looking exclusives sacrificing something. That is true for everything this gen, even crysis 1 which did have low res textures in some places but it was rare apparently.

Everything's not perfect and the only thing that I did find perfect (on consoles) is Uncharted 2 which did have a bit open surroundings at least visible to the eye if not directly reachable(although in one level you can). 

I played the PSN Miultiplayer Demo yesterday and amazing? Nope... far from it.

The graphics are good but nothing above what I see with Black Ops... very desapointing.

And the mulplayer is boring... I hope a way better single player.

PS. The final version for PC not have DX11... a future patch will be release.

ethomaz said:

I played the PSN Miultiplayer Demo yesterday and amazing? Nope... far from it.

The graphics are good but nothing above what I see with Black Ops... very desapointing.

And the mulplayer is boring... I hope a way better single player.

PS. The final version for PC not have DX11... a future patch will be release.

Never judge graphics on multiplayer. Games look far less detailed and smaller environments on Multiplayer.

And Black Ops ( the horrible excuse and complete waste of time for an FPS game ) multiplayer looked nowhere near as good as the Crysis 2 demo.

I was in the Reach Beta. And the final game Single player campaign was miles better visually.