By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis 2 blowout. Amazing.

selnor said:
The very first review on Metacritic already says Cryis 2 fights at the top for  king on both PS3 and 360 where consoles are concerned. Using descriptions similar to those CVG used a year ago. Coincidence?

Are you read the first review from Metacritic? None said that... and I found one thing curious:

Gamereactor: "It shows for example that the CryEngine 3 can not use all the help processors in the PS3's hardware architecture which has led to the particular lighting and screen update has suffer."

PS. Played a little more the MP Demo... so boring... nothing happen.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
selnor said:
The very first review on Metacritic already says Cryis 2 fights at the top for  king on both PS3 and 360 where consoles are concerned. Using descriptions similar to those CVG used a year ago. Coincidence?

Are you read the first review from Metacritic? Nono said that... and I found one thing curious:

Gamereactor: "It shows for example that the CryEngine 3 can not use all the help processors in the PS3's hardware architecture which has led to the particular lighting and screen update has suffer."

PS. Played a little more the MP Demo... so boring... nothing happen.

I hope thats not the case for PS3. Because GDC 2011 showed just how far CryEngine 3 can be scaled. Even if that level of graphics on CryEngine 3 is only possible on PC, the console games for 360 or PS3 using CryEngine 3 will only get better. Looking forward to seeing Codename Kingdoms. Heres CryEngine 3 used even further by Crytek. The same engine used to make Crysis 2 with no extra updates.

Haha good ol' Selnor.. Dont take this the wrong way but ill take the FACTS of two of the biggest and most trusted websites (in Scandanavia) over your word and a one year old article. They claim: Un2>Kz3>GoW3 on console overall. And a recent fanmail was just answered! "Is Crysis 2 the best looking game on the 360 since it clearly isnt on PS3?" Answer: "If its better than Gears of War 2, I shall not judge without playing them side by side, but it is very good looking." Shockingly .. He cant even decide if its better then GeoW2. From the GR Review: "Unfortunately, Crysis 2 does NOT support DirectX10 or 11. It has instead been optimized for version 9 which is also the limit of the 360." I recommend you translate the review. It is very long and really good. Regardless... At the moment from about 90% of the reviewers: Killzone 3 >< Uncharted 2 > God of War 3 > Killzone 2 Naughty Dog will steal KZ3s gfx awards though, mark my words lol. Hype all games how much you want, it wont change the fact that a game optimized for ONE platform has a huge advantage over several platforms. I know GR doesnt lie and that Crysis 2 indeed runs at DX9... Thats all im saying. Thus it is a beatiful game (ON CONSOLES) But at first party level ..atleast on the PS3 side, Nope ^^.

Aldro said:

Haha good ol' Selnor.. Dont take this the wrong way but ill take the FACTS of two of the biggest and most trusted websites (in Scandanavia) over your word and a one year old article. They claim: Un2>Kz3>GoW3 on console overall. And a recent fanmail was just answered! "Is Crysis 2 the best looking game on the 360 since it clearly isnt on PS3?" Answer: "If its better than Gears of War 2, I shall not judge without playing them side by side, but it is very good looking." Shockingly .. He cant even decide if its better then GeoW2. From the GR Review: "Unfortunately, Crysis 2 does NOT support DirectX10 or 11. It has instead been optimized for version 9 which is also the limit of the 360." I recommend you translate the review. It is very long and really good. Regardless... At the moment from about 90% of the reviewers: Killzone 3 >< Uncharted 2 > God of War 3 > Killzone 2 Naughty Dog will steal KZ3s gfx awards though, mark my words lol. Hype all games how much you want, it wont change the fact that a game optimized for ONE platform has a huge advantage over several platforms. I know GR doesnt lie and that Crysis 2 indeed runs at DX9... Thats all im saying. Thus it is a beatiful game (ON CONSOLES) But at first party level ..atleast on the PS3 side, Nope ^^.

Crytek have confirmed DX10 support on release. Ok so it's via a patch on day 1, but it's there. Exactly the same as my PC copy of the Crysis 2 demo.

Also From the Game Reactor review I reaD WHICH IS ON metacritic it says the game ( Crysis 2 ) Fights at the top fpr Graphics King on Both PS3 and 360. So at the very least they confirm it's as good as KZ3, U2 or GOW3.

Alot of people will go into meltdown on here when reviewers agree, or go further with there comments.

It was gonna happen sooner or later. Because so many people think X or Y console is uber better, there lives will literally end this year with PS3 and 360 having games which are identical in visuals and both regarded by media as basically the same.

I predict the meltdowns will be Crysis 2, Codename Kingdoms, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Forza 4 and U3. All of these I believe will be regarded as at the top level and basically you will have 10 or so games this gen that are all basically king dingaling.

KZ3, U3, GT5, GOW3, Codename Kingdoms, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, Gears 3, Forza 4 Will all be the same level of kingly.

Fanboys will meltdown this year.

selnor said:

Also From the Game Reactor review I reaD WHICH IS ON metacritic it says the game ( Crysis 2 ) Fights at the top fpr Graphics King on Both PS3 and 360. So at the very least they confirm it's as good as KZ3, U2 or GOW3.

Now you are entitled to your opinion, but from what I read as fighting for the top spots it looked like it lost but is there in the top with gears of war 2.

You are the only guy who has even talked about its graphics like its great or something, even OXM hasn't mentioned graphics in their review and that is suspiscious to me.

Whatever footage they have shown of the console versions all of them look pale in front of killzone 2 so I am not sure how they will suddenly come up with the best looking console title, without even utilising MLAA on the PS3? No special effects that I have seen worth mentioning either.

When KZ3 released it was pretty much black and white from every other reviewer so it was pretty much given its either this or god of war that's thebest looking.

Around the Network
selnor said:

Crytek have confirmed DX10 support on release. Ok so it's via a patch on day 1, but it's there. Exactly the same as my PC copy of the Crysis 2 demo.

Source?

There are no planned DX10 support  for Crysis 2 or CryEngine 3... the patch (in future... not day one) is to add DX11 support.

Offtopic - I deleted Crysis 2 MP Demo from my PS3... I hope the single player (final build) is way better.

If it works on windows xp, it must use directx 9.

Booh! said:

If it works on windows xp, it must use directx 9.

The final build uses only DirectX 9 on Windows XP, Vista and Sevem.

There are a planned patch for CryEngine 3 to add DirectX 11 support... but nothing about DirectX 10.

And the patch is not Day 1.

selnor said:
Aldro said:

Alot of people will go into meltdown on here when reviewers agree, or go further with there comments.

It was gonna happen sooner or later. Because so many people think X or Y console is uber better, there lives will literally end this year with PS3 and 360 having games which are identical in visuals and both regarded by media as basically the same.

I predict the meltdowns will be Crysis 2, Codename Kingdoms, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Forza 4 and U3. All of these I believe will be regarded as at the top level and basically you will have 10 or so games this gen that are all basically king dingaling.

KZ3, U3, GT5, GOW3, Codename Kingdoms, Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, Gears 3, Forza 4 Will all be the same level of kingly.

Fanboys will meltdown this year.

LOL personally I'm looking foward to it :)

Crysis 2 is not going to be the best looking console game and its not going to be one of the top 5 console games. Selnor, I know you are looking for a game on the 360 to compete with the heavy hitters for the PS3 but Crysis 2 isn't going to do it. Just wait till next month when the Gears of War 3 beta comes out then you can make a thread about best graphics this gen. Gears of War 3 looks amazing and it will be in the argument for best console graphics. Until then sit back and relax for another month. Codename:Kingdoms will be up there as well IMO because it will be omptimized for the 360 only so it will look better than Crysis 2 I have no doubts about that, but it won't come out till 2012. We will see footage at E3 though.