By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony releasing FREE MMO on PSN March 29!

Its Free Realms... its technically a PC port by Sony.

http://www.freerealms.com/

Release date(s) PC
April 28, 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Realms

So if you want to try it, play it now. Its free. And system requirements are quite low so anyone but netbook users can play it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

lol not my thing but great for those who wish to play the game. Enjoy. Sony is spoiling  us as far as exclusives go...and breaking our wallets.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Euphoria14 said:
Ajescent said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ajescent said:
pariz said:

Way to go Sony. That's how you fight jailbreak.

Eh?

I know what free realms is (I was hyped for it until it got delayed) I was just confused by his statement.

Wow, what a fail. I meant to quote ElGranCabeza when he asked what this was. -__-

FAIL!

But you know what isn't a fail.  This game.  Sony should start advertising this on all of there PS3 boxes when it is released.  I could see a free MMO, especially one that appeals to all ages, bringing in quite a few new buyers.

Areym said:

lol not my thing but great for those who wish to play the game. Enjoy. Sony is spoiling  us as far as exclusives go...and breaking our wallets.

Wait... I thought the normal argument is that if a game is also on PC its not exclusive? Which Free Realms has been on PC since 2009.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Areym said:

Wait... I thought the normal argument is that if a game is also on PC its not exclusive? Which Free Realms has been on PC since 2009.

Ah, but if 360 guys can call console exclusives, we'll call something else stranger, release year exclusives.  That's right.  Even if the game was released a year or so ago on other platforms, if it releases on the PS3 another year, it is a release year exclusive. 

Around the Network

Hey this is cool.  I might have to download this and play it!  I love free stuff! 

ElGranCabeza said:
PullusPardus said:
ElGranCabeza said:
PullusPardus said:
ElGranCabeza said:

WTF kinda game is this?

its a game where you can find out about by searching on youtube.

So, according to you, there's no point in using message boards since we can find information about anything by simply googling and youtubing stuff. Great.

no, its just that i don't think you should bother , since its made by a very evil company. that should get out of the console market.

Jumping to conclusions are we? I see your implication, so let me state here that 1) Companies cannot be evil for a company is nota living organism and does not have feelings and 2) I never suggested that Sony get out of the console market.

its a joke jeeezzz

I tried Free Realms when it was released on the PC a couple of years ago, and (at the time) it felt like Sony built all of the additional content that was initially promised and eventually stripped out of most MMO games while forgetting to build the core components of the games that make them actually interesting. If this game was an add on to an already solid game, it would probably go a long way from distracting you from the fact that you’re really just on a virtual hamster wheel simulation; but in its form it had the feeling of walking into a living room where the walls were decorated and there was no furniture.

I was curious about this until I saw the video linked above. Not a fan of the art, and the combat looks bland. It's pretty cool that it's coming to PS3 though, I guess some people will enjoy it.

PS3 is on fire.