By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS3 experience thus far!

So, here are the games I've tried thus far on my PS3!

(rented) Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction

Good game, the dialogue is good (and as noted, I rarely like dialogue in games), largely because it stays silly and light. Having just come off Galaxy I'm a little less impressed than I otherwise would be, but it's still the second best platformer I've played in the last three years.

(own) Everyday Shooter

I was less impressed with this than I thought I would be, but it's not bad by any means. A good time waster -- I was simply expecting something a bit more due to the hype.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Yes, I know this is old, but hot diggity do I still love this game. Some games age well, others do not: this one still shines.

(rented) Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

I can tell this is a good game, but it's just not for me. I don't enjoy the story and aiming with analog sticks just infuriates me.

(own) Super Stardust HD:

This is the best game I've played thus far, and is definitely in my top ten games of the year, if not my top 5. Great stuff, I'm very impressed.

(own) Planet Earth:

Yes, this is a Blu Ray movie and not a game, but I wanted to point out that I AM using the HD features of this console (it was my primary reason for getting it really, since I just got a 50'' HDTV), and goodness does this movie look good in HD. It's definitely the ideal "see how good HD looks?" movie.

Thus far, I'm very satisfied with my purchase, for those who care. I wasn't expecting to play this many games this quickly -- due to my hardcore MMORPG/FPS roots, I rarely play more than 10 games a year -- but I've enjoyed expirementing and already found a few gaming gems (I'll be playing Super Stardust months from now) to go along with my new HD player. In short: even for someone like me that isn't immediately interested in the main Playstation fare (Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and other story driven action/epic games), there is enough on the PS3 to make a person happy.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

SO... when did you buy it? Its hard for me to really get a feel for it, when the date for your purchase isn't stated :P.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

rukusa said:
SO... when did you buy it? Its hard for me to really get a feel for it, when the date for your purchase isn't stated :P.

About 10 days ago, used, for 200 dollars. It's a 60 Gig. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Someone sold their PS3?? Ohhhh noeeeessss!!teh Pow3R ov teh Cell PhAiled!!

Now that was silly. I saw the most incredible thing 2 days ago, probably the last two 60GB PS3's in Europe, in a local media market. I was tempted, but no cash. Came back the next day to find out someone stole one, and another man bought the second. I hate thiefs.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

That is great news, Bod! What's your PSN name?

Around the Network

congrats. I was debating getting a HD TV the other day. The very second I do, I will get a PS3. For the movies, for the games for the HD.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Lol, i sold my old PS3 60 gig for 1,200 dollars Australian... and i payed 500 :p

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I'd probably get a PS3 if it was a lot cheaper ($100-150), right now, it just doesn't seem worth the money to me, but at that price it probably would be worthwhile

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Heh wish i could find a 60 gig for 200. 250 is about the max of what i'd pay for it now. I wonder what used PS3's cost anyway.

I was impressed by super stardust as well. Plus its just recently recieved a rather silent update (for europe at least) including custom soundtracks.

Id suggest buying R&C due to its replay value, especially considering you can probably pick it up cheap around this period.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey.