By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS3 experience thus far!

leo-j said:
Pc controls are the worst controls ever created, you know how frakin hard it is to play halo on the pc?

Once you learn the controls, do you know how frakin better you are at the game?

In the FPS world, KBM>Controller. That goes doubly for the DualShock/SixAxis because of the layout of the left stick. It's very FPS/TPS unfriendly. Works great for racers and platformers but struggles in other genres.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I don't think its hard at all to aim with analog sticks. I guess i'm just used to it.

Hey bod you should check out Unreal Tournament 3, some Call of Duty 4, and if you haven't already...a little Resistance fall of man never hurt. Since you said your a FPS guy.

Bod is a big PC guy. He'll be playing those FPS on PC.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

leo-j said:
Pc controls are the worst controls ever created, you know how frakin hard it is to play halo on the pc?

Who would play Halo on the PC when there are tons of better FPS games to play?  Halo may have been top notch for the xbox but it was gutter trash to the PC.

To anyone that says K+M are trash controls; I've heard Unreal 3 allows K+M aiming? If that's true, try playing your dual analog versus people good at K+M. If you still feel K+M are trash, well, thats an opinion. I will just feel more correct when I say your opinion is wrong.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network
leo-j said:

It was mind numbingly easy when I did it. =P

Words Of Wisdom said:
leo-j said:

Who would play Halo on the PC when there are tons of better FPS games to play? Halo may have been top notch for the xbox but it was gutter trash to the PC.

If you took that from Dudley, I golfclap.

Back on topic: Gratz on the smokin' $200 deal Bod. And it sounds like you'll get a kick out of your PS3. 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Words Of Wisdom said:
leo-j said:

Who would play Halo on the PC when there are tons of better FPS games to play?  Halo may have been top notch for the xbox but it was gutter trash to the PC.

Name tons of FPSs better than Halo on the PC.

Edit: I'm making myself look like a Halo fanboy nowadays, even though I prefer so many other FPS, so I apologize for constantly trying to defend the Halo series against PC shooters.

I, myself, plan on getting a PS3 or a Wii. It's very hard to decide at the moment.

Cheat1011 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
leo-j said:

Who would play Halo on the PC when there are tons of better FPS games to play? Halo may have been top notch for the xbox but it was gutter trash to the PC.

Name tons of FPSs better than Halo on the PC.

LOL oh god I hope you seriously didn't just ask that ;-;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Bod, it sounds like you bought into that myth of " the PS3 having no games!" especially judging from this line ;):

"Thus far, I'm very satisfied with my purchase, for those who care. I wasn't expecting to play this many games this quickly"

Yeah, if you had been there since there since April you would obviously been less pleased.

Fortunately the myth is slowly dying out, the start of next year. For a launch PS3 adopter like me, its been a struggle to not say "fuck it! gimme a 360 box". But I look back and know that the 360 had a similiar start with nothing but lack lusters.

By the time Home and online play comes fully up and running, MGS4 & Co. gets released, the attitude towards the PS3 should be stabilized.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.