By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS3 experience thus far!

BrainBoxLtd said:
leo-j said:
Pc controls are the worst controls ever created, you know how frakin hard it is to play halo on the pc?

It was mind numbingly easy when I did it. =P

Same here. Bungie didn't ramp up the difficulty enough for PC gamers. I played a few minutes of Halo on PC and couldn't stop laughing at just how damned easy it was once I was given KBM controls.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
ChronotriggerJM said:
Cheat1011 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
leo-j said:
Pc controls are the worst controls ever created, you know how frakin hard it is to play halo on the pc?

Who would play Halo on the PC when there are tons of better FPS games to play? Halo may have been top notch for the xbox but it was gutter trash to the PC.

Name tons of FPSs better than Halo on the PC.

LOL oh god I hope you seriously didn't just ask that ;-;

I can name about 15, but is it really necessary to call Halo gutter trash on any platform? Halo for the PC is a lot better than it was on the Xbox.

Edit: Halo for the PC wasn't ported by Bungie.

Welcome to the world of the PS3 Bod. Add me to your PSN friends list sometime and if you pick up a game I have we can play some games.

As far as games to try, well, there are many good examples of ones to get, unless you already have them on the PC. Warhawk is alot of fun, but I'm sucked into COD4 right now.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

Cheat1011 said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
Cheat1011 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
leo-j said:

Who would play Halo on the PC when there are tons of better FPS games to play? Halo may have been top notch for the xbox but it was gutter trash to the PC.

Name tons of FPSs better than Halo on the PC.

LOL oh god I hope you seriously didn't just ask that ;-;

I can name about 15, but is it really necessary to call Halo gutter trash on any platform? Halo for the PC is a lot better than it was on the Xbox.

Edit: Halo for the PC wasn't ported by Bungie.

I can't argue with you because it's purely based on opinon, but games that I consider good have to have something unique to them that you can build upon, I consider Halo to be the most defined basic FPS I've ever played, it's got a whole lot of mirror polish to it, but the very core of the game is basic. In the realm of PC FPS's, Tribes was the first one I played that featured matches more intense than halos, jet packs, skiing, and different class types, and that game is seriously friggin old.

[Edit!] sorry again for going off topic XD Bod!!!! In case your interested, PSN ChronoTJM :P

P.S. PLAY WARHAWKS! 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

hongkongfuey^2 said:
I don't think its hard at all to aim with analog sticks. I guess i'm just used to it.

Hey bod you should check out Unreal Tournament 3, some Call of Duty 4, and if you haven't already...a little Resistance fall of man never hurt. Since you said your a FPS guy.

It's not hard to Aim with dual analog. But it's effortless to aim with Keyboard and Mouse.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
rukusa said:
SO... when did you buy it? Its hard for me to really get a feel for it, when the date for your purchase isn't stated :P.

About 10 days ago, used, for 200 dollars. It's a 60 Gig.

Wow, congrats on a great deal.

rukusa said:
Bod, it sounds like you bought into that myth of " the PS3 having no games!" especially judging from this line ;):

"Thus far, I'm very satisfied with my purchase, for those who care. I wasn't expecting to play this many games this quickly"

Yeah, if you had been there since there since April you would obviously been less pleased.

Fortunately the myth is slowly dying out, the start of next year. For a launch PS3 adopter like me, its been a struggle to not say "fuck it! gimme a 360 box". But I look back and know that the 360 had a similiar start with nothing but lack lusters.

By the time Home and online play comes fully up and running, MGS4 & Co. gets released, the attitude towards the PS3 should be stabilized.

Uh, that's not a Myth then... if it was true but they are fixing it. That's a fact that's thankfully being allievated.

PC has the best FPS and MMORPG controls ever you Wacko... WASD to move, create your OWN Controls with HOTKEYS, MOUSE for precision aiming or moving.
Best controls ever when you get used to them, and i can argue all day in pc's defence.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Jessman said:
PC has the best FPS and MMORPG controls ever you Wacko... WASD to move, create your OWN Controls with HOTKEYS, MOUSE for precision aiming or moving.
Best controls ever when you get used to them, and i can argue all day in pc's defence.

After playing FFXI I actually prefer Keyboard and controller XD, I'm going to have to go with Controllers and Keyboard for MMO's, the ability to lay on a couch and grind away exp is priceless. For FPS's I can and can't agree, while it's PERFECT for frantic frag and bag's, I find games like warhawks which pretty much account for the controller being the main choice of control, they set it up AMAZINGLY, shooting, driving, flying etc is all REALLY easy on the controller and I'd never want to play that game with KB + mouse, there's simply no need.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
Jessman said:

After playing FFXI I actually prefer Keyboard and controller XD, I'm going to have to go with Controllers and Keyboard for MMO's, the ability to lay on a couch and grind away exp is priceless. For FPS's I can and can't agree, while it's PERFECT for frantic frag and bag's, I find games like warhawks which pretty much account for the controller being the main choice of control, they set it up AMAZINGLY, shooting, driving, flying etc is all REALLY easy on the controller and I'd never want to play that game with KB + mouse, there's simply no need.

That is the one weakness of KBM... If the game involves driving or flying controls, the all-or-nothing input of a key and steering with a mouse is complete shit.

In situations like that, a KBM+flight stick is the only way to go on PC. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/