By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My PS3 experience thus far!

bdbdbd said:
Branko2166 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
I'd probably get a PS3 if it was a lot cheaper ($100-150), right now, it just doesn't seem worth the money to me, but at that price it probably would be worthwhile

So 100-150 is the rightprice for the ps3 is it?? And yet 250 for a wii is probably a bargain in your eyes. Why don't you go troll somewhere else and stop wasting the time of people who are trying to have a meaningful discourse.

You know, it's very subjective how much something is worth to someone. Now i'm not starting to argue how much it should be worth to who, but i give you an example with cars. Toyota Avensis STW or Verso (i think Verso closer to 40k) would very well be worth of the 35 000 EUR it costs , but some new Ferrari, which cost around 300-350k EUR, wouldn't be worth even 10 000 EUR, when looking at how much i would be willing to pay for one at the moment.

Agreed, I personally would not pay more than $200 for either a Xbox360 or a PS3, because I already own 1 game system. I really don't have time to play more than 1 system, so why would a second system be worth more to me than the first one i bought. It is called the law of diminishing returns.

@on topic,

Good purchase, a $200 PS3 definatly would have made me make the jump to HD movies + games. Where did you find it, from a friend or can you find deals like that on e-bay/craigs list? 

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Great that you are enjoying it .If truth has to be said the PS3 packs a ton of value for the money it costs .And once the RPG starts appearing you will love it to death .

Diomedes1976 said:
Great that you are enjoying it .If truth has to be said the PS3 packs a ton of value for the money it costs .And once the RPG starts appearing you will love it to death .

Doubtful. Bod REALLY hates story driven games. So RPG games would have to be like... his least favorite genre.

WARHAWK!!!

WARHAWK!!!

WARHAWK!!!

mM

I will whole-heartedly agree with Leo on this one Bod, you should check out Warhawks I KNOW I KNOW aiming with analog sticks! But you'd actually be surprised, most of the weapons in this game feature a semi-lockon feature, and all forms of missles have a target area that you can aquire lock-on/heat seek etc. , it's actually REALLY intutive, if you can rent it I strongly advise doing so :D All of my roomates took 1 session to get hooked XD and when it comes to story... well... (don't expect too much of it here >_> )

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Diomedes1976 said:

Doubtful. Bod REALLY hates story driven games. So RPG games would have to be like... his least favorite genre.

Ugh ,I thought he said he liked RPGs ....my bad I suppose .

I can't aim with analogue sticks either (I've trained for several hours and it's just frustrating me) , that's why I bought the fragfx and with that playing FPS/TPS games on the PS3 feels much better to me.

Nice find Bod. I'd be hard pressed to turn down a $200 PS3 even though I don't have that money handy. Especially a 60gb model with bc. Dang, I'm jealous.

Bodhesatva said:

So, here are the games I've tried thus far on my PS3!

*snip*

Thus far, I'm very satisfied with my purchase, for those who care. .....*snip*... there is enough on the PS3 to make a person happy.

Just out of curiosity, would you feel the same had you paid full retail price for it?  I know you got a smoking deal on it but had you paid full retail would you still feel the same as above?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Pc controls are the worst controls ever created, you know how frakin hard it is to play halo on the pc?

mM