By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry 4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

@darendt

they stabbed sony hard.

mM
Around the Network

Put your fanboyism aside ppl.

The 360 version looks better(although its slight)

Right now forsome reason developers arent taking advantage of ps3 hardware. I guarentee you if DMC4 came out in 2010 the PS3 version will be graphically better. In 2 years PS3 will impress with its graphics.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

@weezy

I agree the X360 version does indeed look better.

mM
endimion said:

yeah or you just busted sony giving precaclculated video's during a show.... I'd give any day more credit to gametrailer that has absolutely no interest into advantaging a console over the other.... than sony's marketing methods and suposedly real time videos like they have done since PS1... we all no they have been saying on previous generation it was real time when later we actually could see with our own eyes they were BSing all the way... and to be honnest I think MS and nintendo are a little more honnest on that... even though being in the marketing and addvertising busyness I wouldn't really trust any videos shown in a show what so ever...

actually GT has been busted in the AC comparison video.

they showed the ps3's version with washed out colors, yet it was there fault for not properly setting up their system. some youtubers actually made videos and emailed GT to redo the comparison vid or atleast explain it.

woot post 369!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

@iclim4

yet you are not supposed to do any settings while making a comparaison... you use the same TVs on default setting and both console on default or identical settings if the default are not identical.... I don't think they change the settings on GT for the XB and PS version... that would make no sens just hurt themselves... they have no interest in advantaging a console over the other.... unless they have massive stocks on MS which I doubt...

Around the Network

its not like its a complicated process.
RGB in ps3 is limited in the display settings by default.
GT knows that simply setting the option to full could result in a much better picture.

If you are gonna compare 2 versions of the same game atleast optimize your machines, Optimizing one machine and not the other would be bias, would it not?
remember we are comparing the builds of the game not the setting of the machine.

for one thing use HDMI cables. (not all xbox360's have HDMI ports)
Another, use the same HDTV

They dont change the settings of the game, they are changing the settings in the ps3. Ubisoft tried hard to make ps3's Assasins creed look up to par against the Xbox360 version, and GT denied that hardwork and declared the Xbox360 version the winner because they didnt turn on a simple feature.

now i ask you, is that a fair comparison?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

what i dont get is why they wont redo the comparison video of AC, when a lot
of gamers have been emailing them about it.

iclim4 said:
its not like its a complicated process.
RGB in ps3 is limited in the display settings by default.
GT knows that simply setting the option to full could result in a much better picture.

If you are gonna compare 2 versions of the same game atleast optimize your machines, Optimizing one machine and not the other would be bias, would it not?
remember we are comparing the builds of the game not the setting of the machine.

for one thing use HDMI cables. (not all xbox360's have HDMI ports)
Another, use the same HDTV

They dont change the settings of the game, they are changing the settings in the ps3. Ubisoft tried hard to make ps3's Assasins creed look up to par against the Xbox360 version, and GT denied that hardwork and declared the Xbox360 version the winner because they didnt turn on a simple feature.

now i ask you, is that a fair comparison?

And thats exactly what you are asking them to do here. Both the 360 and the PS3 are set to default settings when capturing the video.

Also, they don't use an HDTV but a capture card for these videos.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Famine said:
leo-j said:
ITS F IN FAKE!!!

FAKE!!!!!

@Famine

they build it on the ps3 first not on pc, its being ported to pc genius thats why pc is coming out a couple months later.

Then explain this to me, GENIUS:

DMC4 Development Originally Began on PC

Shockingly, once PS3-exclusive Devil May Cry 4 development actually began on PC, according to producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi who recently informed Gamasutra. Fortunately for them, this meant that the decision later to purse PC and Xbox 360 versions less than doubled the team’s workload.

The game is being powered by Capcom’s internally developed and shared MT Framework engine. Since the PS3’s specifications weren’t complete when development began, the team started working on the PC, though the game was still marked as an exclusive until March 2007.

“We initially planned only to release it on the PS3 in the first arc of development, but during the development of the game, Capcom announced that we decided that we were going to have a multiplatform strategy for the next generation machines, and we started to develop it for the 360 at that time,” said Kobayashi.

“By developing it on the PC [with the MT Framework], it’s very easy for us to work with the graphics and the gameplay, and see how the game is going to play,” he continued. “Actually, we’re still continuing to develop it on the PC, as well as being able to check how it runs on the 360 and the PS3.”

The game is due out next year on the aforementioned platforms.

couldnt have said it better myself!!

Metalcore, Hardcore, Punk, Emo, Rock.

sieanr said:

And thats exactly what you are asking them to do here. Both the 360 and the PS3 are set to default settings when capturing the video.

Also, they don't use an HDTV but a capture card for these videos.

Hey they can optimize both consoles for a fair comparison. If you cant optimize it any better, it already reached its potential dont you agree? the Xbox360 is optimized, can you say the same for the ps3?

as i have said, we are comparing the builds of the game. they crippled one version and showed washed out colors when all they had to do was change RGB to full. A common knowledge process that doesnt even take 30 seconds to do, you dont even buy anything, its right there.if you set it to limited of course your gonna get washed out colors, your not using the full capabilities of your machine...

also remember comparison videos are for the customers, so what they are showing is basically misinformation.