By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry 4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

iclim4, I m with you

the comments from sieanr and endimion are just senseless :

the fact to optimized BOTH version is not a biais !

(it is like if u use a SD TV to compare PS3/Xbox360 game versus Wii game)

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
iclim4, I m with you

thanks,

gametrailers is suppose to show the games in an optimized
setting to show off how beautiful the game is.

yet they crippled the PS3 video comparison for AC.

anyway, guys/gals im not implying theyre doing the same for DMC4,
just pointing out that GT have been known to give unfair comparisons. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Do you have proof that they crippled the AC comparison and now this one. I don't think they would go out of there way to do that.

@Omac

Its they did the ps3 version at a different resolution/lighting.

mM

@ leoj:
no it had nothing to do with lighting and resolution.
they set RGB to limited instead of full, thus crippling the color capabilities of the ps3.

@Omac:
And i didnt say they crippled the DMC4 video, there is no way we can test if they did, unless we have the game and tested it ourselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
libellule said:
iclim4, I m with you

thanks,

gametrailers is suppose to show the games in an optimized
setting to show off how beautiful the game is.

yet they crippled the PS3 video comparison for AC.

anyway, guys/gals im not implying theyre doing the same for DMC4,
just pointing out that GT have been known to give unfair comparisons. 

ROFL give me a break

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:

ROFL give me a break

have a Kit Kat.

I found the AC comparison for those who are interested.
Click ME

And also found a youtube video showing the difference between RGB full and limited.
Clicky

Unfortunately, I hadnt gotten around learning how to embed.

iclim4 said:

@ leoj:
no it had nothing to do with lighting and resolution.
they set RGB to limited instead of full, thus crippling the color capabilities of the ps3.

I'm just guessing that you really have no idea what the RGB setting actually does since in no way is limited RGB "crippling the color capabilities of the PS3"

Essentially the option is there to compensate for the different ways a TV handles brightness vs a monitor and some HDTVs. What the setting is actually doing is changing the output from 7.5 IRE to 0 IRE - a setting which changes the black level of the output and in no way changes the "color capabilities". Also setting RGB to full on a set that defaults to 7.5 IRE would result in crushing and make the picture look worse.

Microsoft added this option to the 360 because people where complaining about washed out colors over VGA. Could you guess why they were seeing washed out colors over VGA and not any other output?

Not to mention that the TVs gametrailers use could be like 95% of TVs made and display a picture that looks fine on limited.

Hey they can optimize both consoles for a fair comparison. If you cant optimize it any better, it already reached its potential dont you agree? the Xbox360 is optimized, can you say the same for the ps3?

as i have said, we are comparing the builds of the game. they crippled one version and showed washed out colors when all they had to do was change RGB to full. A common knowledge process that doesnt even take 30 seconds to do, you dont even buy anything, its right there.if you set it to limited of course your gonna get washed out colors, your not using the full capabilities of your machine...

also remember comparison videos are for the customers, so what they are showing is basically misinformation.

Once again you don't know what you're talking about.

For starters outside the internet few people are going to have a clue about what the hell "full RGB" means. Furthermore most people aren't going to see a difference unless they are using a computer monitor with their PS3. Remember, most sets display the default output just fine and don't get washed out colors.

And these comparison videos aren't meant for customers at all. Just think about it; how many people outside of the "hardcore" look up comparison videos? Hell, how many people actually own both consoles, because last I checked, these vids are pretty useless for a person who only owns one system. The fact of the matter is these comparisons are meant for "console warriors" Shit like this gets hits to the site and people talking, and thats what matters, not making the games look pretty.

Now you can keep complaining about the difference in color, but it doesn't change the substance of the AC video at all, namely the tearing, pop-in and framerate issues. You know, the things that actually matter in the comparison.

Oh, and the color looks identical on the DMC video. I guess GT took people like you seriously.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

iclim4 said:

And also found a youtube video showing the difference between RGB full and limited.

Clicky

What a shitty comparison. 

For starters the guy tells you to turn on Super white; an option that wont do jack unless you happen to be playing a Bluray on the more expensive 2007 braivas. (Seriously, just look it up)

Then he does sweep after sweep where you can see severe black crush from setting the option to full. Just look at any one of those and see how any sort of shadow detail is nonexistent in Full and there in Limited. The game isn't supposed to look like that and doesn't look that crushed on the 360.

The only reason Full colors look better in that comparison is because this guy has no idea how to set up his display, ie, setting the "saturation" in his TVs options up a little higher.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"