By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry 4: PS3 Vs. Xbox 360 Comparison Vid

@BBsin I don't want to contribute to the cause, but I think it's been reported NUMEROUS times that GT uses a different TV/Brightness setting/contrast/etc etc. on Sony related products. I'm not sure why and it's not just this game, the same was reported about Assassins creed, it looked INSANELY dark on the PS3 version in their comparison, according to many it was actually lighter on the PS3.

The DS vrs. PSP video Leo posted not too long ago showed all the PSP games and I'll tell you, they looked HORRIBLE, far worse than the DS's graphics's wise which I think most of us know just isn't that way...

It woulden't surprise me if GT was using a different TV or setting for the comparison, there's been quite a few suggestions that they do. 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Capcom has been showing primarily the PS3 version for a few months now. Why would they show reviewers/press the worse version? Either they both the same or the PS3 is a little better otherwise does not make sense to me.

Now regarding GameTrailers comparisons, they suck. Since I saw their Assassin's Creed comparison I don't trust them. I do own AC and I do know how it looks and it doesn't look like what they showed at all. I really do not care what they do to make it look worse but they must do something since anyone that owns a PS3 and AC can tell you that the images on that video look wrong.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

I think they both look identical.

I think most multi plats will look identical from here on in.

We've just reached the level of grphical power now where you would need to be superhuman to pick up and notice the minute differences between the two HD consoles.

Still well done Capcom. Game is looking great.

Now can we just have an easy setting in the game for those of us with lives to lead.... 

Cypher1980 said:

I think they both look identical.

I think most multi plats will look identical from here on in.

We've just reached the level of grphical power now where you would need to be superhuman to pick up and notice the minute differences between the two HD consoles.

Still well done Capcom. Game is looking great.

Now can we just have an easy setting in the game for those of us with lives to lead....

Well I woulden't say to see the difference between consoles, just multi-plats. I mean GT5 is supposed to be running 60fps, 1080p... which is a technical marvel for consoles lol. Uncharted is still the best LOOKING video game I've ever played on a console. So I think exclusives on the PS3 still have way more potential graphically than the 360, but I am glad to see that going from the PS3 to the 360 is yielding much better results than going 360 to PS3, it only makes sense that it works that way though lol.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Sorrow880 said:
They look identical to me...but this game was born to be played on a Playstation remote so I'll get it for my ps3.

Yup, that's why I am getting it for PS3 over the 360. The 360 faces buttons are such crap and DMC requires tons of their use.

Around the Network

Are you ppl blind? the 360 version is sharper and more detailed.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

@Weezy: The extra detail in the 360 version in my opinion (which may be wrong) is mainly because they tended to give the 360 version what i would deem the 'better' position when doing the split screen comparison. It was the closer one where minutae would stand out more. When there was a more even comparison, there was little difference (if any). Even in the few screens where the 360 version seemed to have a slight edge, i think the range of difference is well within the range of potential h.264 artifacts (which it looked like they were using from the file name).

If anyone could tell a difference in the scenes that *WERE NOT* split screen, I will give you a cookie. I am sure I didn't see any, and to me they looked basically identical.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

They look very similar to me, but the PS3 version seems to have a tad more motion blur. (?)

bbsin said:

Something isn't right. @ 1:24 the Xbox360 version clearly has better texture details, but if you download that video (where Gloria introduces herself) off of any website (Including Gametrailers) during the DMC4 PS3 showing at TGS07, the PS3 textures end up looking like the xbox360 version if not better. It was the PS3 version of DMC4 that Capcom was showing the press at TGS07.

UPDATE:

Ok, this is what I'm talking about. http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/39159/2002947288991770529_rs.jpg

As you can see, during the gametrailers.com comparison video at around 1:24 the Xbox360 version clearly has much more detailed and sharper texture, The PS3 version on the other hand looks quite blurry.

But if you look at the TGS2007 "Gloria" clips (where IGN and 1up.com has said specifically that they were shown the PS3 version from capcom), The textures of that same hood and same scene shows much different results. The textures are much more detailed than the GT DMC4 comparison clip. If anything it looks better than the Xbox360 version on the "comparison".

IGN TGS2007 DMC4- http://aycu13.webshots.com/image/36252/2001733119607156245_rs.jpg

GameVideo.com TGS2007 DMC4- http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/38686/2004389705873894576_rs.jpg

GameTrailers.com TGS2007 PS3 version- http://aycu15.webshots.com/image/37094/2001464075950847103_rs.jpg

Also, there's an episode of the 1upshow where they specifically preview the PS3 version. I could not get the same exact pose in which all the other pictures are but there is one pose that clearly shows the textures of the same hood Nero wears, this is all during the "Gloria" scene. By the way, the 1upshow is not in 720p it's in 480.

PS3 DMC4 1upShow Preview- http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/38431/2005615555616048357_rs.jpg

Like i said.... I smell BS on gametrailer's part, they clearly don't even have the Full RGB option on nor do they have the Super White option on, alot of people are also saying that the PS3 version is over compressed. Download the videos if you want to see for yourselves, just about every site has them.

yeah or you just busted sony giving precaclculated video's during a show.... I'd give any day more credit to gametrailer that has absolutely no interest into advantaging a console over the other.... than sony's marketing methods and suposedly real time videos like they have done since PS1... we all no they have been saying on previous generation it was real time when later we actually could see with our own eyes they were BSing all the way... and to be honnest I think MS and nintendo are a little more honnest on that... even though being in the marketing and addvertising busyness I wouldn't really trust any videos shown in a show what so ever...

I hope this game bombs. Screw Crapcom. This game would be better had they devoted all of there resources to one platform.