By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So it has to be asked, should Bulletstorm have been a 360 exclusive?

So it has to be asked, should Bulletstorm have been a 360 exclusive?

For sure, Epic and 360 mi... 191 41.34%

No way, multi-plat is the way to go 164 35.50%

See results 107 23.16%

Total:462

Nope don't think it would do better.

Like most said, on PS3, its REALLY REALLY Killzone 3 thats affected the sales.

I mean its not even funny, its that obvious.

On Xbox 360...300K Week 1 for a Epic Game is under-whelming, and the GEOW3 beta helped it a lot too.

Maybe Bulletstorm simply didn't resonate with audiences, maybe the marketing didn't convince people to give it a try, maybe FPS' are being oversaturated (as Killzone 3 itself has declined from Killzone 2 in sales week 1). Who knows, we;ll probably never know.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Killzone 3...duh

look at the #1 spot on the video game sales chart for this week>.>

its like puting Forza against GT

cura said:

bulletstorm sales are so low on ps3 because of killzone 3...duh. 

This. 

/thread

SvennoJ said:

Should it have been a ps3 exclusive if they had launched it last year on the same day as halo reach with killzone 3 beta included on the ps3?

Best post yet in this thread.

I don't think it should have been exclusive. The only reason the sales are higher for 360 is the gears 3 beta and lower for ps3 because of KZ3. It would have been a lot closer if those two things didn't coincide with each other.   

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:

im not a ps3 supporter i dont even 1, i have an xbox 360 and this guy is a hardcore 360 supporter u can tell

He's a 360 supporter, no doubt. However, that has nothing to do with the topic.

Besides, he's also a PS3 supporter.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

he's not a ps3 supporter he always talks trash about it

I trust no one, not even myself.

No.

For Xbox 360 only owners this was the only option, so KZ3 can't influence the sales of the 360 version. PS3 owners just preferred KZ3. Some 15,000 even took Bulletstorm over KZ3 so these are extra sales, which wouldn't be there if it was exclusive.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I don't think it would not matter too much if it was a 360 exclusive.  It is a new IP and I think the Gears beta helped it's sales on the Xbox 360.  Give it time, if the game is good enough to draw in an audience, sales will increase with both consoles. Big launch numbers is not a prequisite for a successful game.

So because Epic and EA is dumb enough to release Bulletstorm when a AAA PS3 exclusive anticipated and really just a much better game, they choose to release it in the same time frame hence why sales now are quite low, this is what happens when you fuck up your release dates and you lack all common sense. But, I love how the first week of sales=this game should have been exclusive to the 360, rofl. This game should have had a proper release date, instead of these idiots lacking all common sense and choosing to lose sales at this time, it's their fault, blame Sony for releasing a better game. Still, lmao at everyone who thinks the first week of sales=doomed, such intelligence human beings we have in this world, sigh. This will go on to be a nice success and pay off for making this multi-platform, probably around the sales if not more then what Borderlands sold on the PS3.