By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So it has to be asked, should Bulletstorm have been a 360 exclusive?

So it has to be asked, should Bulletstorm have been a 360 exclusive?

For sure, Epic and 360 mi... 191 41.34%

No way, multi-plat is the way to go 164 35.50%

See results 107 23.16%

Total:462

Well, this thread is a little premature.  I mean we're going off of one week's worth of sales?  Really?  Shouldn't we wait til the end of the year, or at the very least a couple of months?  Also, it's pretty obvious that Killzone hurt its sales on PS3 and the GeOW3 beta helped its sales on the 360.  Now, imagine if Epic had a PS3 exclusive, which is the sequel in a very popular series (something on the scale of MGS5), releasing later this and put the beta for that game on the PS3 Bulletstorm.  And then imagine if Halo 4 released last week and not Killzone.  Yea, sales would have been reversed.

Another thing some may be forgetting is that Epic's whole ad campaign was basically mocking the COD series.  Now COD is the biggest franchise this gen.  Even bigger than Halo on 360 and GT on the PS3.  Maybe the people who enjoy that series didn't really enjoy being indirectly called boring.  In the end, I think Bulletstorm mainly appealed to a much smaller shooter crowd than Halo or COD, the ones who hate COD. 

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

Well now that we have the first week sales for Bulletstorm they are massivley 1 sided for the 360.  Given Epic games strong partnership with the 360 this generation and the relatively poor sales on the PS3, should Bulletstorm have just been a 360 exclusive?

There's pro's and con's for both sides but personally I think it would have payed off better for both Epic and Microsoft if they would have done that.  There could have been more advertising and "hype" for it since it would have been an exclusive and MS would have had a big shooter to put up against in direct competition with Killzone 3.

On the 360 for a new IP I think Bulletstorm had a pretty good launch and will probably end up being a million seller on the system but if it had been exclusive with more hype and advertising it could have probably done even more.  What do you guys think?

Impossible to compare sales fairly.

KZ3LBP2 have been released in past 2 months on the PS3, there's  been no decent games out for the Xbox 360 that are exclusives for ages...Well there was DeathSmiles in PAL region, but it's not exactly a million seller lol.

osamanobama said:

they should do some thing that is relevant, not something no one would understand.

they could make fun of it $599 US  Dollars some how, a lot lot lot more people would get that..

ylod has always been a non issue

Dont get defensive, it was an issue to some people. RROD wasnt an issue for me so should I say that it wasnt an issue? No, because it was a pain in the arse to some people. Deal with it.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
osamanobama said:

they should do some thing that is relevant, not something no one would understand.

they could make fun of it $599 US  Dollars some how, a lot lot lot more people would get that..

Dont get defensive, it was an issue to some people. RROD wasnt an issue for me so should I say that it wasnt an issue? No, because it was a pain in the arse to some people. Deal with it.

I don't think he was getting defensive.  Besides which would gamers get more?  A joke about a problem that occurred to more than 30-40% of early 360 adopters and was HIGHLY publicised, or something that happened to ~ 8-10% of early PS3 adopters and really only had one or 2 major stories about it?  I'm going to go with the first one.  His suggestion of making a joke about the $599 price tag is valid, though, as that was a big topic of ridicule when the PS3 first hit the scene.

thismeintiel said:

I don't think he was getting defensive.  Besides which would gamers get more?  A joke about a problem that occurred to more than 30-40% of early 360 adopters and was HIGHLY publicised, or something that happened to ~ 8-10% of early PS3 adopters and really only had one or 2 major stories about it?  I'm going to go with the first one.  His suggestion of making a joke about the $599 price tag is valid, though, as that was a big topic of ridicule when the PS3 first hit the scene.

You know what I am not having this conversation, too many ps3 fans will come and support your point of view. Even if I bring a valid point of view it will be slammed. 

Thus exiting now. I was simply putting a joke up, anytime anything even jokingly is negative about ps3 and positive for 360 or in this case negative for both Osamaobama chimes in and that seems to occur quite frequently to the point of annoyance.

And 30-40 percent bring stats up for that, and 2 major stories, I could find 10 with a simple search... come on man dont down play something that happened with about 8-10percent of consoles (your own percentage)

You know what don't bother, I am over these conversations

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

bulletstorm will end up selling quite decent despite the slow start, it had to deal with KZ3 but it should do fine. all games should be on ps3 anyways.

ps. tomb raider hd trilogy and splinter cell hd trilogy are around the corner as is yakuza.........

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

osamanobama said:
AussieGecko said:
yo_john117 said:

yeah that game is great for the laughs.

I like even the dammit, so its not just a sign its purely HA your stuck, you have to notice it lol. Would have been funny if they did the YLOD on the Ps3 one :D

None issue, my ass. It's become a big problem for the fat models, it has due to with the thermal paste. Eventually there is  damn good chance it's going to fuck up on you. I didn't think it was an issue, this summer my fat PS3 died, it's just a matter of time before the thermal paste or in a few cases something else, messes up your PS3.

Well, I thought Epic and EA might have totally screwed the Bulletstorm launch, losing a lot of sales to KZ3 on the PS3.  But, and at this point it's only circumstancial, I may have been too harsh if this is anything to go by:

http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/07/uk-charts-pokemon-black-and-white-takes-over-top-two-bulletstorm-overtakes-killzone-3/

I thought people who bought KZ3 over Bulletstorm would not come back, but if the two titles have swapped like that then it's probably - to be confirmed when full chart details emrge - that the PS3 sales picked up allowing the combined 360/PS3 sales to increase above KZ3.  In other words, it may be that on PS3 Bulletstorm purchases - at least a fair number - were simply deferred rather than lost.

While I stick by my view they should never have launched right next to KZ3, I'll be curious to see if PS3 sales pan out okay over time as deferred sales start to trickle back in.

I'm going to give it a few weeks before looking at it again and see where each version sits in total.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

FattyDingDong said:

he's not a ps3 supporter he always talks trash about it

Yeah? Let's see a post of him trashing the PS3 then.

Seriously.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

buglebum said:

Impossible to compare sales fairly.

KZ3LBP2 have been released in past 2 months on the PS3, there's  been no decent games out for the Xbox 360 that are exclusives for ages...Well there was DeathSmiles in PAL region, but it's not exactly a million seller lol.

Which is better than a lot of the games released this generation.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!