By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:
AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:

Top Gear US is better then no Top Gear at all. Still a good show, much better then Top Gear Aussie and Top Gear Russia. In TG Russia, they did the Audi R8 lap time in the snow, HEAVY SNOW!!! WTF! That was the only good car they reviewed too. Top Gear Aussie also changes hosts every season. US is at least stable, and they review more Us oriented cars, which is nice. It's only a matter of time for a muscle car show off, and a second track gives a better perspective on lap times.

400 cars in GT5, I'm impressed. Even in Forza 3, which is more generous with car ownership, I only have 200.

As for the graphics debate with GT and Forza, competition makes the games better. Forza 4 will kill.

BTW best track ever, Trial Mountain. However it doesn't look too great in GT5, it was much more shocking to me in GT3.

I love top gear.... but people need to give top gear usa a chance.... they just seem alil nervous in front of that camera.... but there episodes got better and better it seemed..... yea i have 400 cars even though some of them are pieces of crap..... but there was a trophy for collecting 256 paint chips so thats why i did that.... i have a formula one care which is beast.... but i hope forza 4 shows everyone up.... make PD step there game up

The Top Gear US people have reason to be nervous. Top Gear UK has 350 million viewers worldwide. US only has 60 million, but thats a good start. Also they force the show to mimick Top Gear UK, and they know if they mess up they will get fired like hosts in Top Gear Aussie. When the show starts taking off, they will get better. It will never be the same as Top Gear UK, but hey, maybe one day they will review the SSC Ultimate Aero, a Saleen, Corvette Grand Sports, or just cars that don't make it to the UK.

Now I see why you have 400 cars. If I invest all my cash into a bunch of ricers, I could get 400 cars or so in Forza 3 as well. I tend to save up for the ultra rare/luxerious cars. Last big car I bought was an Aston Martin One-77, and I'm saving up for an Enzo now to do this one race.

Well the car im saving up for in gt5 isnt real hahaha its a PD x2010 but it cost 20,000,000 credits..... but its like the fastest car in the game... it goes like almost 300 mph

and top gear uk if you ever seen the first season it wasnt that good either but they built themselves to where there at today.....

I was watching top gear before you were probably even born...  "first season"?

It started in 1977, the current "style" has been in play since 2002.

I dont think a US Top gear will work in the same way a UK one does... not sure that the kind of acidic, non PC and irreverent humour works mainstream over there.

well yea i mean the 2002 version.... ive seen some 1977 episodes, there pretty good tooo

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

A testicular pie between Wii and DS! 

Also, wasn't SW that sells HW? And does 3DS launch best seller sell just 120k? I'm puzzled...

It's ALIVE!!! I've started a "thing" on VGChartz! *beams with pride*

Yeah, we must spread it, kudos to you!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

welcome to:

===== http://www.clothes6.org  ====

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $30

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) $35

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $15

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,A r m a i n i) $15

New era cap $12

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $20

accept paypal and free shipping

====== http://www.clothes6.org ====

http://www.clothes6.org

Michael-5 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

If KZ3 received reviews biased against it even before the reviewer actually played the game, like it happened with the worst GT5 reviews, I see a fishy pattern against Sony exclusives...

That's definatly true for some reviews. I noticed on IGN, KZ2 got 9.4/10, and KZ3 got 8.5/10, and the only drawback I saw them list was poor story. Even if the story/end boss was not as fun, a full grade score drop?

However at the same time, people expect more out of games. Halo 3 scored 9.8/10, but Reach only got 9.3/10. Reach is a better game then Halo 3 on every front, but because Halo 3 did what it did in 2007, when competing games were just nowhere nearly as polished, it got a higher score.

This is why you should read multiple reviews, and make your own opinion. Just like voting, don't just read one democratic or republican paper. Read one of each and accept what you feel is important to you.

Yes, I agree. Another faster but almost as reliable method, as it's not only about absolute values, but also personal tastes, is knowing a site or magazine enough to trust them. In the past I trusted PCZone, they were very strict, but in an equal way and their tastes were very compatible with mine. If they gave any score above 80, the game had to be very good, any above 90 meant excellent. I liked Charlie Brooker desecrating style and I knew that he liked RPGs generally, but not those with too many classic fantasy and D&D clichéd elements like trolls, goblins, wizards, etc, so, despite liking those elements a lot more than him, I could "weight" his review and get useful infos even when he was ranting. Now I don't trust any source as much as PCZone in its golden years, so I follow your method.

Alas, gamers less assiduous than us and more recently "converted", tend, at least initially, to trust any of the most known reviewer they stumble upon first, so a bad and biased review by one of them may do some damage. Luckily, the most casual ones often don't even know any reviewer and ask friends and relatives that play more than them, so the damage can be limited if the negatively biased sites aren't in a too large number. But undoubtedly they can do damages that only positive word of mouth and other reviews exposing and debunking them can at least partially remedy.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:

The Top Gear US people have reason to be nervous. Top Gear UK has 350 million viewers worldwide. US only has 60 million, but thats a good start. Also they force the show to mimick Top Gear UK, and they know if they mess up they will get fired like hosts in Top Gear Aussie. When the show starts taking off, they will get better. It will never be the same as Top Gear UK, but hey, maybe one day they will review the SSC Ultimate Aero, a Saleen, Corvette Grand Sports, or just cars that don't make it to the UK.

Now I see why you have 400 cars. If I invest all my cash into a bunch of ricers, I could get 400 cars or so in Forza 3 as well. I tend to save up for the ultra rare/luxerious cars. Last big car I bought was an Aston Martin One-77, and I'm saving up for an Enzo now to do this one race.

Well the car im saving up for in gt5 isnt real hahaha its a PD x2010 but it cost 20,000,000 credits..... but its like the fastest car in the game... it goes like almost 300 mph

and top gear uk if you ever seen the first season it wasnt that good either but they built themselves to where there at today.....

Yea, but that looks sick. It's the car which pushes the limits of theoretical real world limitations on cars. It would be fun to drive.

Top Gear UK Season 1 didn't even have Richard Hammond.. I think they got a lot better after they killed the first Stig. So Season 3 was the first good season.

BTW, Top Gear UK is actually 30 years old, and did not originally have Clarkson as the host. Clarkson and Tiff Needel were side cast in the old show, and I believe Vicky from fifth Gear was there for the last bit. Either way, the show was very different, and very serious. They rehauled the show because Jeremy Clarkson started making jokes about how cars behave, and that really boosted ratings. Tiff Needel wanted to keep the original tone, so he branched off and made Fifth Gear, and thats why Fifth Gear still gives real car advice. As you see it was a good decision, but I think now it's becoming a little to planned out. The show is unscripted, but you can tell they plan specific jokes beforehand.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Neither Halo: Reach nor GT5 have shown a significant difference to their predecessor's weekly sales (GT5 obviously being more frontloaded). Reviews have made little if any impact on either and nothing thus far proves otherwise.

GT5's weekly numbers trail GT4's, sure, but GT5 sold much more than GT4 in weeks 2/3/4 due to the holiday period, bringing their sales to an even standpoint in the same time frame (with GT5 still being ahead in some regions and launching to higher numbers in EMEAA).

Halo: Reach isn't too far off of Halo 3 either, but that situation is different because Halo 3 was the first full blown release on the system and sometimes, sequels sell less than predecessors on the same console.

Also you just said GT5 sales are tailing GT4's, I dunno what point you're trying to make with that one.

Why don't you read the entire paragraph to see what the point is. >.>

The rest of the paragraph cleary is irrelevent because GT5 had a holiday launch, where GT4 didn't. You stated it yourself, thats why I ignored it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

AWESOM-O said:
kowenicki said:
AWESOM-O said:

I was watching top gear before you were probably even born...  "first season"?

It started in 1977, the current "style" has been in play since 2002.

I dont think a US Top gear will work in the same way a UK one does... not sure that the kind of acidic, non PC and irreverent humour works mainstream over there.

well yea i mean the 2002 version.... ive seen some 1977 episodes, there pretty good tooo

It's really funny when you watch old episodes now. WOW this 1989 Honda Prelude has 130hp! It's so fast, so sexy! Then you look out the window and see the piece of shit your driving, and still don't see what's so special about it.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Michael-5 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

If KZ3 received reviews biased against it even before the reviewer actually played the game, like it happened with the worst GT5 reviews, I see a fishy pattern against Sony exclusives...

That's definatly true for some reviews. I noticed on IGN, KZ2 got 9.4/10, and KZ3 got 8.5/10, and the only drawback I saw them list was poor story. Even if the story/end boss was not as fun, a full grade score drop?

However at the same time, people expect more out of games. Halo 3 scored 9.8/10, but Reach only got 9.3/10. Reach is a better game then Halo 3 on every front, but because Halo 3 did what it did in 2007, when competing games were just nowhere nearly as polished, it got a higher score.

This is why you should read multiple reviews, and make your own opinion. Just like voting, don't just read one democratic or republican paper. Read one of each and accept what you feel is important to you.

Yes, I agree. Another faster but almost as reliable method, as it's not only about absolute values, but also personal tastes, is knowing a site or magazine enough to trust them. In the past I trusted PCZone, they were very strict, but in an equal way and their tastes were very compatible with mine. If they gave any score above 80, the game had to be very good, any above 90 meant excellent. I liked Charlie Brooker desecrating style and I knew that he liked RPGs generally, but not those with too many classic fantasy and D&D clichéd elements like trolls, goblins, wizards, etc, so, despite liking those elements a lot more than him, I could "weight" his review and get useful infos even when he was ranting. Now I don't trust any source as much as PCZone in its golden years, so I follow your method.

Alas, gamers less assiduous than us and more recently "converted", tend, at least initially, to trust any of the most known reviewer they stumble upon first, so a bad and biased review by one of them may do some damage. Luckily, the most casual ones often don't even know any reviewer and ask friends and relatives that play more than them, so the damage can be limited if the negatively biased sites aren't in a too large number. But undoubtedly they can do damages that only positive word of mouth and other reviews exposing and debunking them can at least partially remedy.

IGN used to be a lot more reliable. Up until 2007, I think they were fine. I liked how Metroid Prime 1 & 3 scored above Halo 1 & 3, but MP2 (one of the worst) scored below Halo 2. Everything fit and was consistant. However now there is so much bias and competition between PS3/360 owners, the reviews just bounce around. It depends on the reviewer.

I just take a bunch of sites, which I know give consistant ratings. Gametrailers is usually spot on with their review IMO, and for different games different websites are accurate. e.g. Nintendo Power is good for Nintendo games, RPG Fan is good for RPG's, etc.

Also some of the more extreme websites (the ones that give 100's too easily and then 80's, but never a 90) like Joystick, Gamestop, GamePro, 1UP, Worth Playing, etc, are just fun to read.

I think word of mouth is the worst way to judge a game. I have friends who tell me "Uncharted 2 is one of the best games I've ever played" and others who tell me "Uncharted 2 is Tomb Raider with a dude, multiplayer, and more cinematics, nothing special." People tend to be very biased, and they always want you to get what they think is best. I never listen to word of mouth, except when people tell me "Killzone 2 has one of the best ending boss fights ever." Then it's worth checking out, but I don't judge the entire game on it.

CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Michael-5 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Neither Halo: Reach nor GT5 have shown a significant difference to their predecessor's weekly sales (GT5 obviously being more frontloaded). Reviews have made little if any impact on either and nothing thus far proves otherwise.

GT5's weekly numbers trail GT4's, sure, but GT5 sold much more than GT4 in weeks 2/3/4 due to the holiday period, bringing their sales to an even standpoint in the same time frame (with GT5 still being ahead in some regions and launching to higher numbers in EMEAA).

Halo: Reach isn't too far off of Halo 3 either, but that situation is different because Halo 3 was the first full blown release on the system and sometimes, sequels sell less than predecessors on the same console.

Also you just said GT5 sales are tailing GT4's, I dunno what point you're trying to make with that one.

Why don't you read the entire paragraph to see what the point is. >.>

The rest of the paragraph cleary is irrelevent because GT5 had a holiday launch, where GT4 didn't. You stated it yourself, thats why I ignored it.

Errr....it isn't irrelevant at all, because it's an explanation as to why GT5 trails GT4 in the weeks after the holidays. GT5 was much more frontloaded. You harp on how GT5 is behind GT4 post holiday weeks, but then ignore a valuable reason behind it.

Yes, GT5 had a holiday launch. In other words: no shit. That's THE point. That's why it trails GT4 these weeks, but still remains with it in overall sales.

GT5 only matched GT4 sales during the holiday season. If it trails behind now, and only matched GT4 sales when it had it's holiday boost (where GT4 has year to share that benefit), that implies that overall it will sell less.

Thats why I don't get your point, you agree with me, but contest that I don't look at it like you do? I dunno what your trying to prove..

My original point, which your contesting, is that GT5 sales will be lower then GT4 sales. Your agreeing with me, but argueing my point at the same time. I don't understand..

Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:

Yea, but that looks sick. It's the car which pushes the limits of theoretical real world limitations on cars. It would be fun to drive.

Top Gear UK Season 1 didn't even have Richard Hammond.. I think they got a lot better after they killed the first Stig. So Season 3 was the first good season.

BTW, Top Gear UK is actually 30 years old, and did not originally have Clarkson as the host. Clarkson and Tiff Needel were side cast in the old show, and I believe Vicky from fifth Gear was there for the last bit. Either way, the show was very different, and very serious. They rehauled the show because Jeremy Clarkson started making jokes about how cars behave, and that really boosted ratings. Tiff Needel wanted to keep the original tone, so he branched off and made Fifth Gear, and thats why Fifth Gear still gives real car advice. As you see it was a good decision, but I think now it's becoming a little to planned out. The show is unscripted, but you can tell they plan specific jokes beforehand.

yea i remember that..... its turned into a great show.... It takes three to do that show.... cause there all funny guys.... i wouldnt replace neither richard hammand, james may (captain slow), or jeremy clarkson in that show.... ive only seen one or two episodes of fifth gear.....