By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
AussieGecko said:

360 is kind of weird in that way, I don't know why the attach rates are damn good. Yes PS3 software sales are coming closer (an sometimes notching the 360) but for games in comparisons they do damn well on the 360. 

It has to do with the userbase. A game catered to Americans (shooters for example) will sell better on XBox. A game catered to Europeans (Racers for example) or Japan (JRPS for example) will sell better on Playstation.

100% True. Lost Odyssey, a really good quality JRPG created by the creator of Final Fantasy only sold 600k lifetime. Final Fantasy XIII sold 2:1 better on the PS3 then 360, almost entirely because to the Japanese Market (which bought 2 million copies of FFXIII, as it was exclusive at the time in Japan). Also GT5 is likely to outsell Forza 3 by 3:2, but that may largly be due to brand recognition.

Yea agree with the last two post there.... I mean for america, take a look at halo reach U.S. sales, its 6 million US to 2 million worldwide sold (roughly of course)..... Then look at gt5,  3 1/2 million emeaa to 1.6 million U.S. America love the violence hahaha :D And i think microsoft were smart with packaging that forza 3 with consoles, it got the name out there better.... but i still dont think the newer one will sell more than gt5... I just hope for another amazing racing game like gt5 and forza 3, cause there both amazing. 

Forza 4 might not outsell GT5, but it will probably come a lot closer then die hard GT fans would like it to. By bundling 1 million copies of Forza 3, they managed to help get the Forza name across. What would be interesting for me is to see if Forza 4 outsells GT5 in the Americas regions, which it might do, without bundling.

As for Halo selling 3 copies in Americas to every 1 copy in EMEAA. You also should take into consideration that there are 3 360's in America to every 2 360's in EMEAA. So the regional preferences is still there, but not that ridiculously.

There is about a 1 to 1 ratio for PS3's in Americas and EMEAA (18-22 million respectivly), and Black Ops still sells more in Americas, but not by too much (4.6-4 million respectivly).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
hatmoza said:

It's nice to see that some things never change.

On topic- Didn't Killz 2 sell like 750K first week, or are these not a full week of sales for KZ3?

What would a 33% drop? I personally think reviews.

I agree, but reviews didn't cut all 33% of sales away. Some of it is likely due to the increased competition (Dead Space 2 got higher scores, and Uncharted got significantly more attention after Uncharted 2), and the largly replicated feel of Killzone 2. Killzone 3 didn't set a new bar for graphics like KZ2 did, and wasn't debuted 5 years before release like KZ2.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

bannedagain said:
Michael-5 said:
bannedagain said:

Move was also there to push it that much more or it should have.

But who is to say Move pushed initial sales more then longterm lifetime sales? Being Move capable, is a part of the package for KZ3, and I don't think it's ability to use the Move controler will alter the week 1 - lifetime sales ratio.

Also I heard playing KZ3 with Move is really sluggish, and since there is no Killzone 3 / Move bundle, I doubt Move affected KZ3 sales at all.

I'm the type of person who wants to say It's because of the review, but people get offended because they love their game too much. It's fun, but KZ3 rated noticably lower then KZ2, so just like Halo: Reach and GT5, I think long term sales will be affected.

You could be right on.

Damn Straight

Omg everyone freaks out with the MS had a head start.... hahaha okay,,,,,, I own all the consoles, but il admit im a sony kinda guy..... But i think the comments "its not fair cause you started first is stupid"..... Did people forget that sony ps2 had a head start on xbox and gamecube?? even though last generation wasnt even close.... I respect all these system sales.. be honest, all these systems did a hell of a job...   Think of it this way, the more all these systems sell guys the more game developers will make new games, i like that.... I guess im just blahhh blahhh blahhh cause i never got this console war thing, why people argue over it... Yea i got mad at sony and microsoft and nintendo sometimes.... like sony with there updating times or when my xbox crashes or nintendo with a few of there games... but when i look at my games im happy i got em cause theres people in this world who im sure who would love to play em but dont have the money too.... So guys just enjoy your systems and who cares whos first each week, i dont.... 

Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:
Jay520 said:
AussieGecko said:

360 is kind of weird in that way, I don't know why the attach rates are damn good. Yes PS3 software sales are coming closer (an sometimes notching the 360) but for games in comparisons they do damn well on the 360. 

It has to do with the userbase. A game catered to Americans (shooters for example) will sell better on XBox. A game catered to Europeans (Racers for example) or Japan (JRPS for example) will sell better on Playstation.

100% True. Lost Odyssey, a really good quality JRPG created by the creator of Final Fantasy only sold 600k lifetime. Final Fantasy XIII sold 2:1 better on the PS3 then 360, almost entirely because to the Japanese Market (which bought 2 million copies of FFXIII, as it was exclusive at the time in Japan). Also GT5 is likely to outsell Forza 3 by 3:2, but that may largly be due to brand recognition.

Yea agree with the last two post there.... I mean for america, take a look at halo reach U.S. sales, its 6 million US to 2 million worldwide sold (roughly of course)..... Then look at gt5,  3 1/2 million emeaa to 1.6 million U.S. America love the violence hahaha :D And i think microsoft were smart with packaging that forza 3 with consoles, it got the name out there better.... but i still dont think the newer one will sell more than gt5... I just hope for another amazing racing game like gt5 and forza 3, cause there both amazing. 

Forza 4 might not outsell GT5, but it will probably come a lot closer then die hard GT fans would like it to. By bundling 1 million copies of Forza 3, they managed to help get the Forza name across. What would be interesting for me is to see if Forza 4 outsells GT5 in the Americas regions, which it might do, without bundling.

As for Halo selling 3 copies in Americas to every 1 copy in EMEAA. You also should take into consideration that there are 3 360's in America to every 2 360's in EMEAA. So the regional preferences is still there, but not that ridiculously.

There is about a 1 to 1 ratio for PS3's in Americas and EMEAA (18-22 million respectivly), and Black Ops still sells more in Americas, but not by too much (4.6-4 million respectivly).

Im a die hard GT5 fan, im addicted to that game but i want forza 4 to sell as many if not more than gt5..... People dont like to admit it but both gt5 and forza kick ass.... And if you think about it, you would want to root for the other racer too, cause lets say if forza 4 comes out and is so amazing and people call it gold and it sells like hot cakes, then gt5 will have to step it up, which in turn will make for a better game.... I love racing games, il pretty much play anything racing... And for the shooter thing, yeah america love shooters.... most shooters for both consoles sell better in america

Around the Network
AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:

Im a die hard GT5 fan, im addicted to that game but i want forza 4 to sell as many if not more than gt5..... People dont like to admit it but both gt5 and forza kick ass.... And if you think about it, you would want to root for the other racer too, cause lets say if forza 4 comes out and is so amazing and people call it gold and it sells like hot cakes, then gt5 will have to step it up, which in turn will make for a better game.... I love racing games, il pretty much play anything racing... And for the shooter thing, yeah america love shooters.... most shooters for both consoles sell better in america

I used to be die hard GT, but I've learned to prefer Forza. Forza Motorsport 3 fixed a lot of issues that bugged me with GT games. Although GT5 largly removed these issue, I can't play a simulation racing game outside of in car view anymore. I don't care if it's a 1997 Civic Si or a Bugatti Veyron. I want to be in the drivers seat. lol.

Still I get every racing game I can as well. I even have Race Pro. Competition is what fuels gaming. If Wii and 360 never came out, why would Sony switch from the PS2?

I like your views on gaming, it's nice to see an opinion on VGC that isn't strongly biased.

AWESOM-O said:

Omg everyone freaks out with the MS had a head start.... hahaha okay,,,,,, I own all the consoles, but il admit im a sony kinda guy..... But i think the comments "its not fair cause you started first is stupid"..... Did people forget that sony ps2 had a head start on xbox and gamecube?? even though last generation wasnt even close.... I respect all these system sales.. be honest, all these systems did a hell of a job...   Think of it this way, the more all these systems sell guys the more game developers will make new games, i like that.... I guess im just blahhh blahhh blahhh cause i never got this console war thing, why people argue over it... Yea i got mad at sony and microsoft and nintendo sometimes.... like sony with there updating times or when my xbox crashes or nintendo with a few of there games... but when i look at my games im happy i got em cause theres people in this world who im sure who would love to play em but dont have the money too.... So guys just enjoy your systems and who cares whos first each week, i dont.... 

A lot of people only have enough money to afford a single gaming system people can get very defensive of the games they like. I remember reading an article on IGN after Mass Effect 2 came out explaining what Mass Effect 2 got a 9.7/10 rating, but Uncharted 2 only got 9.5/10.

Also, gamers who only have access to a single console don't get to experience what the competition offers. I mean how many sci-fi FPS fans have played a Metroid Prime game? Metroid Prime 3 is just as hard as Halo Reach and Killzone 3 on equivalent difficulty settings, longer, and more story driven, but because most sci-fi FPS fans probably have an HD console, they can never properly appreciate the quality MP brings to gaming. Thus it's easy for them to critisize Wii's library.

It's human behavior to be biased, you can't help it. Your preferences will be different from others, even if they are grounded. Whats important is being respectful towards other peoples opinions.

Also some people have confidence issues, and always feel the need to back up their opinion, and "image."

Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:

I used to be die hard GT, but I've learned to prefer Forza. Forza Motorsport 3 fixed a lot of issues that bugged me with GT games. Although GT5 largly removed these issue, I can't play a simulation racing game outside of in car view anymore. I don't care if it's a 1997 Civic Si or a Bugatti Veyron. I want to be in the drivers seat. lol.

Still I get every racing game I can as well. I even have Race Pro. Competition is what fuels gaming. If Wii and 360 never came out, why would Sony switch from the PS2?

I like your views on gaming, it's nice to see an opinion on VGC that isn't strongly biased.

Yeah gt still has alot of problems to fix.... but i do respect them for what theyve done for racing games.... Ive played more gt5 than forza 3 but there both 9.5 in my book.... forza 4 though will set a new standard for racing today.... The in car view thing with gt5 does bother me... i mean whats the big deal with throwing 1,000 cars in a game if all of em arent perfect... but i give em credit with these patches, the games is alot better than it was launch day.... Yea i love racing games.... waite race pro? didnt atari make that?? haha i think ive played that... that an exclusive xbox 360 game... but yeah i play anything racing.... even formula 1 and nascar.... I hate watching them on tv but the games are always fun.... which reminds me i think im gonna get the new nascar 2011 game at the end of the month hahaha.... I hope that game does well on the wii, its the first simulation game on the wii supposably.... but il get it for the ps3 this time... cause my xbox sooner or later will get bulletstorm

Michael-5 said:
AWESOM-O said:

A lot of people only have enough money to afford a single gaming system people can get very defensive of the games they like. I remember reading an article on IGN after Mass Effect 2 came out explaining what Mass Effect 2 got a 9.7/10 rating, but Uncharted 2 only got 9.5/10.

Also, gamers who only have access to a single console don't get to experience what the competition offers. I mean how many sci-fi FPS fans have played a Metroid Prime game? Metroid Prime 3 is just as hard as Halo Reach and Killzone 3 on equivalent difficulty settings, longer, and more story driven, but because most sci-fi FPS fans probably have an HD console, they can never properly appreciate the quality MP brings to gaming. Thus it's easy for them to critisize Wii's library.

It's human behavior to be biased, you can't help it. Your preferences will be different from others, even if they are grounded. Whats important is being respectful towards other peoples opinions.

Also some people have confidence issues, and always feel the need to back up their opinion, and "image."

Yea i guess your right there.... i dont even care about what the rating are.... like ign gave the fight lights out for playstation move a 4 and fighters uncaged a 4 and ive played em both and there awesome games... There just a workout.... but yea people are biased.... i dont care who is 3rd, that just means that company will take more chances next gen. look at nintendo wii... who woulda thought motion would be this huge

AWESOM-O said:
Michael-5 said:

Yeah gt still has alot of problems to fix.... but i do respect them for what theyve done for racing games.... Ive played more gt5 than forza 3 but there both 9.5 in my book.... forza 4 though will set a new standard for racing today.... The in car view thing with gt5 does bother me... i mean whats the big deal with throwing 1,000 cars in a game if all of em arent perfect... but i give em credit with these patches, the games is alot better than it was launch day.... Yea i love racing games.... waite race pro? didnt atari make that?? haha i think ive played that... that an exclusive xbox 360 game... but yeah i play anything racing.... even formula 1 and nascar.... I hate watching them on tv but the games are always fun.... which reminds me i think im gonna get the new nascar 2011 game at the end of the month hahaha.... I hope that game does well on the wii, its the first simulation game on the wii supposably.... but il get it for the ps3 this time... cause my xbox sooner or later will get bulletstorm

What I like about Forza 3 is that it gave gamers the same quality game as GT5, with a much shorter development time, and Turn 10 released Forza 2, a full racing game, while gamers waited. I'm big on the racing games, thats one reason I got my 360 a lot sooner then my PS3, and I think the wait for GT5 was unbearable.

There was a simulation racing game on the Wii back in 2007, I forget the name, but it sold poorly. Race Pro was a 6-7/10 game by Atari, nothing special. I love racing games too, but unlike you I don't play NASCAR or F1. I mainly like games that have real world, street legal cars in them. So Forza, GT, NFS, Test Drive, PGR, Race Pro, and GRID are the type of games I enjoy. Mind you Mario Kart is a special exception to the rule.

GT5 is a great game, but not far from perfect like many gamers expected it to be. 1,000 cars is nice, and the game definatly has a distinct GT feel, but the difference in quality between standard and prenium cars in too much for me. PGR3, a small budget 2005 launch title had in car view on all 80 cars in game, Test Drive had it on all 125 cars in 2006, Forza 2 had in car view on 350 cars in 2007, and Forza 3 now has over 500 cars with high level of detail and in car view. I would much rather of had GT5 have 800 cars, with 200 prenium cars, and 600 standard cars, with in car view at least to PGR3 levels. Also to be fair, a lot of these 1,000 cars are repeats. Identical cars, with identical compenents, but minor changes. e.g. there are 13 S2000's, but only 4 of them are different mechanically. Euro Spec IS300 is the exact same as US spec, and the differences between some cars is literally a different style head light.

However, special features, and licencing still make this game awesome. GT has always tried to make the gamer a better racer, and taking that Lotus Elise around the Top Gear Test Track feels soo much realer then anything in Forza. Wish the whole game were up to that level of quality, and I hope Forza 4 can match this.