By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - STAR WARS EPISODE 1 : THE PHANTOM MENACE -- Feb 10 2012 -- 3D RE-RELEASE!!

STAR WARS EPISODE 1 : THE PHANTOM MENACE -- Feb 10 2012 -- 3D RE-RELEASE!!

WOHOOO!! 4 28.57%

CAN'T WAIT! 2 14.29%

GOING FOR A MIDNIGHT SHOWING! 3 21.43%

YIPPEEE!! 1 7.14%

WOOF YEAH!! 4 28.57%

Total:14
smbu2000 said:

Wake me up in a few years when the GOOD SW movies are re-released (4-6). The "new" trilogy sucked giant monkey balls. If I could unwatch them, I would...

Actually wake me up in... uhm, I don't know really. That is when the GOOD SW movies are released in HD in their original theatrical version and not the retconned (and digitally tampered with) one.

Yep, Han shot first!

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network

Fuck yes! I'm sooooo excited for this, dude. It's gonna be like reliving 1999 all over again, only now I can do what I should have done the first time and skip this horrible piece of shit. Hells yeah! *high fives all around*

darthdevidem01 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

George Lucas cashing in on the Star Wars franchise once again! What a surprise! I'll stick to watching Episodes 4-5-6 on DVD.

If George was cashing in we'd have Episode 12 by now.

Its not his fault the toys are selling.

And if you had such a big property on your hands you would cash in too, don't say you wouldn't.

Finally he has full right too, he funded almost all the films from money from his pocket, from his fortune (one of the few directors to do this, Cameron or Spieldberg haven't done this). If any director has a right to cash in, its George Lucas.

I wouldn't. If I was swimming in money like he is I'd just leave the movies alone.

I don't mind the toys, the board games, the costumes, the video games, the books but I really think the movies should be left alone (plus 3D won't magically fix all that's wrong with the prequels).

Signature goes here!

darthdevidem01 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

George Lucas cashing in on the Star Wars franchise once again! What a surprise! I'll stick to watching Episodes 4-5-6 on DVD.

And if you had such a big property on your hands you would cash in too, don't say you wouldn't.

Finally he has full right too, he funded almost all the films from money from his pocket, from his fortune (one of the few directors to do this, Cameron or Spieldberg haven't done this). If any director has a right to cash in, its George Lucas.

...wait, you don't think Lucas is whoring the series out for every possible penny?

TruckOSaurus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I wouldn't. If I was swimming in money like he is I'd just leave the movies alone.

I don't mind the toys, the board games, the costumes, the video games, the books but I really think the movies should be left alone (plus 3D won't magically fix all that's wrong with the prequels).

Neither of us should pretend to know what kind of a responsibility we would have as the head of THE biggest Intellectual Property in the world (one that was not easy to establish...see documentaries to see how much Lucas had to go through to get his vision to come to screen). Saying we would or wouldn't milk doesn't mean much as we will never know what it feels like to sit on a cash machine beloved by million worldwide. Millions of fans still want new movies and the amount of money the 3D re-releases make will prove, this is the real litmus test of how the prequels were really received. Go to boxofficemojo or other sites, people are going mad with joy over this news.

3D won't fix the problems in the original trilogy either, no-one is claiming it will fix whatever problems you had with prequels. No-one's forcing you to see them.

@Twesterm

Nope, we have far too less Star Wars movies for me to even consider that to be true. The rest he's doing it cus a lot of fans want it. The only thing being milked is Lucas bashing.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Where on that article does it say one will come every year after that?

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:

Fuck yes! I'm sooooo excited for this, dude. It's gonna be like reliving 1999 all over again, only now I can do what I should have done the first time and skip this horrible piece of shit. Hells yeah! *high fives all around*

When The Phantom Menace first came into theaters, longtime Star Wars fans called it "Star Wars for kids", because many things didn't seem quite right.

darth's age explains a lot regarding his obsession with Episode I to III.

I didn't even know some people didn't like the prequels so much till I learnt of the internet. Everyone around my age in school n stuff loved episode 1,2,3 too (though episode 2 had a noticeable divide in opinions).

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:

When The Phantom Menace first came into theaters, longtime Star Wars fans called it "Star Wars for kids", because many things didn't seem quite right.

Spot on. He saw Phantom Menace before the real Star Wars movies, kind of like how a lot of people played Final Fantasy VII before playing a real Final Fantasy and all they want to talk about is Cloud this and FFVII REMAKE~!~!~! that. So as annoying as he is, darth can't help his bad taste; he's just a victim of circumstance. How sad.

RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:
RolStoppable said:

I didn't even know people didn't like the prequels till I learnt of the internet. Everyone around my age in school n stuff loved episode 1,2,3 too (though episode 2 had a noticeable divide in opinions).

Oh what a surprise that the kids around your age all liked the "Star Wars for kids" movies.

Ok, I'll agree that 1 and 2 could be called star wars for kids a little more, but they were still very good movies, and I know plenty of adults who enjoy star wars that still liked them.  3 on the other hand...how the hell can you call that star wars for kids, it was amazing.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Baalzamon said:
RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:
RolStoppable said:

I didn't even know people didn't like the prequels till I learnt of the internet. Everyone around my age in school n stuff loved episode 1,2,3 too (though episode 2 had a noticeable divide in opinions).

Oh what a surprise that the kids around your age all liked the "Star Wars for kids" movies.

Ok, I'll agree that 1 and 2 could be called star wars for kids a little more, but they were still very good movies, and I know plenty of adults who enjoy star wars that still liked them.  3 on the other hand...how the hell can you call that star wars for kids, it was amazing.

Come on.. they had wooden puppets as actors... kid movie

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)