By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - STAR WARS EPISODE 1 : THE PHANTOM MENACE -- Feb 10 2012 -- 3D RE-RELEASE!!

STAR WARS EPISODE 1 : THE PHANTOM MENACE -- Feb 10 2012 -- 3D RE-RELEASE!!

WOHOOO!! 4 28.57%

CAN'T WAIT! 2 14.29%

GOING FOR A MIDNIGHT SHOWING! 3 21.43%

YIPPEEE!! 1 7.14%

WOOF YEAH!! 4 28.57%

Total:14
RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:
RolStoppable said:

When The Phantom Menace first came into theaters, longtime Star Wars fans called it "Star Wars for kids", because many things didn't seem quite right.

darth's age explains a lot regarding his obsession with Episode I to III.

I didn't even know people didn't like the prequels till I learnt of the internet. Everyone around my age in school n stuff loved episode 1,2,3 too (though episode 2 had a noticeable divide in opinions).

Oh what a surprise that the kids around your age all liked the "Star Wars for kids" movies.

Yeah, the movie satsified the target market. Explaining why The Phantom Menace had some of the best legs for a blockbuster ever, universally hated movies don't have amazing legs like Phantom Menace did.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:
RolStoppable said:

When The Phantom Menace first came into theaters, longtime Star Wars fans called it "Star Wars for kids", because many things didn't seem quite right.

Spot on. He saw Phantom Menace before the real Star Wars movies, kind of like how a lot of people played Final Fantasy VII before playing a real Final Fantasy and all they want to talk about is Cloud this and FFVII REMAKE~!~!~! that. So as annoying as he is, darth can't help his bad taste; he's just a victim of circumstance. How sad.

Or all those annoying kids who grew up with the Nintendo 64 and hold the belief that the Nintendo from that era is the ideal and how Nintendo always has been and should be.

Man, we are old.

That doesn't make you old with the N64 lol...I'm 18 and thought it was the most amazing console ever.  Could have a lot to do with nostalgia though.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Alright, so they'll fix the plotholes too? It would make it worthy a go.

Baalzamon said:
RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:
RolStoppable said:

I didn't even know people didn't like the prequels till I learnt of the internet. Everyone around my age in school n stuff loved episode 1,2,3 too (though episode 2 had a noticeable divide in opinions).

Oh what a surprise that the kids around your age all liked the "Star Wars for kids" movies.

Ok, I'll agree that 1 and 2 could be called star wars for kids a little more, but they were still very good movies, and I know plenty of adults who enjoy star wars that still liked them.  3 on the other hand...how the hell can you call that star wars for kids, it was amazing.

Yes Episode 3 is amazing. Its one of the few films in a big franchise to see such a big rebound in box office collections from its predecessor (episode 2) which declined over TPM.

RolStoppable said:
badgenome said:
RolStoppable said:

Spot on. He saw Phantom Menace before the real Star Wars movies, kind of like how a lot of people played Final Fantasy VII before playing a real Final Fantasy and all they want to talk about is Cloud this and FFVII REMAKE~!~!~! that. So as annoying as he is, darth can't help his bad taste; he's just a victim of circumstance. How sad.

Or all those annoying kids who grew up with the Nintendo 64 and hold the belief that the Nintendo from that era is the ideal and how Nintendo always has been and should be.

Man, we are old.

Beuli2 doesn't believe that and he grew up with the N64.

Around the Network

Ahh i remember the time i was watching episode 2 in cinema - first time ever i wanted to have pilot and fast forward half of he scenes in there.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Seeing this post just makes me want to watch this review of TPM again. (the other reviews are good as well ep.2&3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Wow. George Lucas is literally pumping out every single dollar he possilbly can from these movies. The funny thing is that no matter how much merchandise, 3D releases and DVD re-re-releases they pump out, the original trilogy will still be 10x better than the prequels.

Wait, they're going to re-re-release the original trilogy, too? Oh dear.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'll be there for a matinee show on opening weekend.

I just don't do full price for same experience.