By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Says This Is What Next-Gen Should Look Like (Tech Demo! Pics Inside)

Epic Says This Is What Next-Gen Should Look Like (Tech Demo! Pics Inside)

Can't wait for next gen 160 34.41%

They're all bullshots 20 4.30%

I expect better graphics 100 21.51%

This can't be real time 29 6.24%

I don't want next gen 69 14.84%

See results 75 16.13%

Total:453
CGI-Quality said:

I haven't actually seen better character models than HR, not even this demo. Where it does look better than current cycle offerings - environmental effects, lighting, and textures. Just a clearer vibrancy and appearance, but I agree that the character model is nothing mind blowing. I don't see the resemblance of HR to this demo at all either way.

And a little off-topic but HR can't be a "walking CGI" as it's all rendered in real time.

Then why do people think Uncharted 2 looks better than Heavy Rain... from what I have seen I would have to disagree.

I disagree on the character models though, I think the pic that is there, just the little details blows the heavy rain one away. I dunno that might just be me.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:

i didn't say it looks better, i've said the difference isn't huge to call this "Next Gen" and for this to "DESTROY everything on PCs/Consoles"

edit :

AussieGecko said:  Yeap and Heavy Rain is a weird example. Is that considered a game or a walking CGI? I really don't know.

Godamn, for a moment i thought i would take you seriously =/ ,now i can't.

The only reason why I said that is that some people believe U2 to have the better graphics, from what I have seen I just can't agree. Or is it the spelling. Wierd. Is that better?

The bits that I am interested in is the little detail, the ones that arent on these games today because the games cant run it. That is what interests me and that is what Heavy Rain doesnt have, nor does any other game this gen. 

Why is this such a big deal? All to do with polygons, those little things take shit loads of polygons that the computer would have to render. It would be a son of a bitch to do when also doing levels etc if they also have the same detail.

AussieGecko said:
CGI-Quality said:

I haven't actually seen better character models than HR, not even this demo. Where it does look better than current cycle offerings - environmental effects, lighting, and textures. Just a clearer vibrancy and appearance, but I agree that the character model is nothing mind blowing. I don't see the resemblance of HR to this demo at all either way.

And a little off-topic but HR can't be a "walking CGI" as it's all rendered in real time.

Then why do people think Uncharted 2 looks better than Heavy Rain... from what I have seen I would have to disagree.

I disagree on the character models though, I think the pic that is there, just the little details blows the heavy rain one away. I dunno that might just be me.

Because Heavy Rain is only characters and there is more to a game's graphics than a character model.

Uncharted 2's atmosphere and killzone 2's atmosphere thoroughly destroy Heavy Rain's atmosphere(although there are exceptions like the butterfly level which looks next gen almost).

Its a game where there's a lot of screen-tearing, Uncharted 2 runs @30 fps with no screen tearing. It probably has better AA than Heavy Rain as well.

OT: I expect next-gen to look a lot better than this. This is unreal engine and unreal engine usually favours character models over everything else which is why so much priority is given to the the face and textures in the screenshots.

mantlepiecek said:

Because Heavy Rain is only characters and there is more to a game's graphics than a character model.

Uncharted 2's atmosphere and killzone 2's atmosphere thoroughly destroy Heavy Rain's atmosphere(although there are exceptions like the butterfly level which looks next gen almost).

Its a game where there's a lot of screen-tearing, Uncharted 2 runs @30 fps with no screen tearing. It probably has better AA than Heavy Rain as well.

OT: I expect next-gen to look a lot better than this. This is unreal engine and unreal engine usually favours character models over everything else which is why so much priority is given to the the face and textures in the screenshots.

Hmm sorry I should have said walking cgi like wing commander (if you have played it)

edit: It is not wing commander but there is a game that is almost like an interactive movie. You know what nevermind.

AussieGecko said:

Hmm sorry I should have said walking cgi like wing commander (if you have played it)

edit: It is not wing commander but there is a game that is almost like an interactive movie. You know what nevermind.

lol.

CGI is something that is not rendered on the machine you are playing...so I don't think its actually possible to make an interactive movie unless its scripted.

I expect the next-gen to look like this lol:

Around the Network
mantlepiecek said:

lol.

CGI is something that is not rendered on the machine you are playing...so I don't think its actually possible to make an interactive movie unless its scripted.

I expect the next-gen to look like this lol:

the graphics arent quite there haha. In fact every violent game would be banned if it were that graphical imo.

Yeah I think it was scripted, it gave you different options to press, like mass-effect does, but without the killing haha. I am going to look like an idiot till someone else points what movie i was thinking out haha

I hope this means war and John Carmack wheels out an id tech 6 tech demo to show what next gen graphics really are lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

I hope this means war and John Carmack wheels out an id tech 6 tech demo to show what next gen graphics really are lol.

Hell yeah, only Carmack can show us how its done.

PullusPardus said:
zarx said:

Hell yeah, only Carmack can show us how its done.

Especially now that Crytek seem to have bowed out of the race...

I mean look at this showcase

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I expect better graphics