By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Says This Is What Next-Gen Should Look Like (Tech Demo! Pics Inside)

Epic Says This Is What Next-Gen Should Look Like (Tech Demo! Pics Inside)

Can't wait for next gen 160 34.41%

They're all bullshots 20 4.30%

I expect better graphics 100 21.51%

This can't be real time 29 6.24%

I don't want next gen 69 14.84%

See results 75 16.13%

Total:453

Epic Games isn't just showing off the latest improvements to the Unreal Engine 3 at GDC 2011. They're showing us what the next-generation of games should look like. Do the images hold up to the hype?

Considering the percentage of games released every year powered by the Unreal Engine 3, Epic might have a point. Upgraded features to UE3 don't just mean Epic will have prettier games. It means a major chunk of developers will suddenly gain access to these enhanced tools, rendering cigarettes so real I want to light up and robot monstrosities you can almost reach out and touch, which would likely be a bad idea.

These images are from a trailer being shown off at GDC this week, which should be dropping on the general public next week with the weight of a killer mech.

Source: http://uk.kotaku.com/5774861/epic-says-this-is-what-next+gen-should-look-like/gallery/

GO TO THE IMAGES SOURCE TO VIEW THE SCREENSHOTS IN THEIR FULL RESOLUTION AND DETAIL.
VGChartz won't allow me to post bigger images :S

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

Well if this is what it looks like,i'm on the hype train.

That's...

That's really good looking.

Meh, looks good but... what is gameplay going to be like next gen? Cause if it continues down this scripted cinematic path, I'll be a huge Nintendo fanboy...

Not that I really care for it looking that good in the middle of a firefight, but if they can make the world that convincing in an actual game I'll be impressed.

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network

So next gen we gain purple? awesome! should look great next to brown and gray!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Hope some developers combine all those tools and tech with some awesome gameplay ideas!

looks truly outstanding, cant wait for the next round of systems too come out .  :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I agree but at the same time, that isn't that huge a leap from what we have now.

Also, that would be expensive as hell if that was all game play level graphics. I mean companies are already going broke trying to compete with the stuff available now. We literally only have like less then ten companies publishing on the console or PC level with those type of graphics as standard and imagine what would happen with the next FF game.

This is Epic. literally !

hopefully we see a video soon