By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Says This Is What Next-Gen Should Look Like (Tech Demo! Pics Inside)

Epic Says This Is What Next-Gen Should Look Like (Tech Demo! Pics Inside)

Can't wait for next gen 160 34.41%

They're all bullshots 20 4.30%

I expect better graphics 100 21.51%

This can't be real time 29 6.24%

I don't want next gen 69 14.84%

See results 75 16.13%

Total:453

dude these graphics are weak.. lol..

A tiny improvement like this does not warrent a NEXT GEN.

Epic sucks now... they made a good engine that has been surpassed multiple times... and now they are gonna claim they know what the next gen will look like...

I promise they will look atleast 2 times this good lmao...

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Around the Network
jhuff394 said:

dude these graphics are weak.. lol..

A tiny improvement like this does not warrent a NEXT GEN.

Epic sucks now... they made a good engine that has been surpassed multiple times... and now they are gonna claim they know what the next gen will look like...

I promise they will look atleast 2 times this good lmao...

of course the actual games will look better this is just a tech showcase (of tweaked current tech on high end hardware) not an artistic one. And the advancements aren't "weak" they just aren't apparent to the casual observer on a low quality video/screens. I have the demo in 1080p and it is very impressive, especially the real-time lighting, actual hair, tessalisation (displacement and morph) and best of all no clipping. Sure it doesn't look much better than the best of the current gen from a aesthetic point of view but it is probably the most photo realistic demo out now. And personally I can't wait to see what some truly talented art teams can do with the tech, just imagine what a developer like naughty dog could do with over 10x the geometry, fully real-time lighting, fully dynamic models etc.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!