By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GDC ~ Nintendo's Conference.

~ Went searching for a similar thread, but I had no luck... if this does already exist, then I'm sorry :P . ~ 

Anyway... Nintendo's GDC keynote ( for naznatips :P )  !!! Wooo (throws confetti) . Should be interesting, considering it's titled "Video Games Turn 25: A Historical Perspective and Vision for the Future". Zelda turned 25 this year, so I'm clinging onto the possibility that a trailer for Skyward Sword will be shown :D. 

Satoru Iwata will be giving the speech, and the times for when it starts are... 

AEST : 3:00 am, March 3rd (I will try to stay awake T_T) 

EST : 12:00 pm, March 2nd

PST : 9:00 am, March 2nd

GMT: 5:00 pm, March 2nd

Live video stream : http://gdc2011.nintendo.com/  (Thanks ECC and puffy for the link :D)

So what do you think/hope will be shown during Nintendo's GDC keynote speech? 

Around the Network

Do you have any idea what GDC is? This is not E3, and this is the keynote, not a press conference. They're not here to announce games. Iwata-san is giving the keynote to the industry. I.e. it's going to be industry and development related information and themes. 

naznatips said:

Do you have any idea what GDC is? This is not E3, and this is the keynote, not a press conference. They're not here to announce games. Iwata-san is giving the keynote to the industry. I.e. it's going to be industry and development related information and themes. 

That's so sexy when you say that and pointing your finger at us... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

naznatips said:

Naznatips has returned from the heavens! How was being an administrator up there?

naznatips said:

O_o Oh shit... sorry about that.

Though in 2009 they announced Spirit Tracks at the event, and in 2005 they showed the 2nd trailer for Twilight Princess. I thought there would be a chance of the same thing happening this year.  

Around the Network

Offtopic , i love your emotes.

PullusPardus said:

Offtopic , i love your emotes.

< remains offtopic > Thanks :D ... here's the website if you wish to use them http://www.laymark.com/emoticons.onion.php#icons

Well, if there's nothing Zelda-related shown.....

RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:

You can't really rule out a game announcement though, because it has happened before (Phantom Hourglass). Not that this means that anyone should get their hopes up, because it's certainly not the rule.

More on topic: I think nothing special will come out of this.

Phantom Hourglass was absolutely not announced at the keynote, to which this thread refers.

heres the link to live video feed of the keynote: http://gdc2011.nintendo.com/