By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LG gets injunction against PS3 sales in Europe!?

Xen said:
chocoloco said:

I hope there is a war between North and South Koreans now and that LG gets bombed out of existance.

Now now, you'll regret saying that tomorrow.

I know since the US and South Korea are displaying our mighty military might now war is looking more and more likely. Actually, considering my bro just moved to South Korea yesterday I would regret the statement with all my heart. 

Around the Network

Watch as nothing happens.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
chocoloco said:

I hope there is a war between North and South Koreans now and that LG gets bombed out of existance.

Harsh... Very harsh.

NotStan said:
chocoloco said:

That post does not coincide with your avatar :L.

I am man of Peace only when it helps me. :)    Damn you, I can't always live up to the standards of Gandhi everyday.

chocoloco said:
NotStan said:
chocoloco said:

That post does not coincide with your avatar :L.

I am man of Peace only when it helps me. :)    Damn you, I can't always live up to the standards of Gandhi everyday.

You bastard!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
Xen said:
irstupid said:
dsage01 said:

sony's a way bigger company than lg either this is fake or if this is true sony's gonna get them back hard!!

if we see a decline in weekly sales i will belive you

sony sued first, so isn't it more like LG is hitting back hard?

lg is a great company that makes great products, also is second largest tv manufacturs in the world, and if i'm not wrong i believe lg had more profits in their division than sony this year.

Their TV's are inferior to Sony's and one of their CD drives thrashed a disc of mine. Not to mention the fact that Sony NEC drives exceed theirs in quality by leaps and margins.

If you want great and very affordable products, buy Samsung/Sharp.

That's interesting, considering Sony is using LCD panels produced by LG:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-01-06/lg-display-resumes-lcd-panel-supplies-for-sony-tvs.html

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
chocoloco said:

Harsh... Very harsh.

Harsh... what? hoping millions die in a war because Sony were (allegedly) light fingered on the IP of another company.... Very measured response I thought.   

Jesus.   

I am still waiting for all those people that applauded the EU for stopping MS bundling IE to come in and defend this decision too....  I might be waiting a while I think.

Very different cases though, but expected post from you.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
fordy said:
Xen said:
irstupid said:
dsage01 said:

sony's a way bigger company than lg either this is fake or if this is true sony's gonna get them back hard!!

if we see a decline in weekly sales i will belive you

sony sued first, so isn't it more like LG is hitting back hard?

lg is a great company that makes great products, also is second largest tv manufacturs in the world, and if i'm not wrong i believe lg had more profits in their division than sony this year.

Their TV's are inferior to Sony's and one of their CD drives thrashed a disc of mine. Not to mention the fact that Sony NEC drives exceed theirs in quality by leaps and margins.

If you want great and very affordable products, buy Samsung/Sharp.

That's interesting, considering Sony is using LCD panels produced by LG:

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-01-06/lg-display-resumes-lcd-panel-supplies-for-sony-tvs.html

Given that the article is dated January 6th 2011, I now expect cheaper and shittier Sony TV's. And the Bravia in our living room was purchased mid 2010, so it's untouched.

Recommended TV's are usually Panasonic/Samsung/Sony/Sharp. Not without a reason.

Well something DID happen...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/feb/28/playstation-3-lg-legal-dispute

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
chocoloco said:

Harsh... Very harsh.

Harsh... what? hoping millions die in a war because Sony were (allegedly) light fingered on the IP of another company.... Very measured response I thought.   

Jesus.   

I am still waiting for all those people that applauded the EU for stopping MS bundling IE to come in and defend this decision too....  I might be waiting a while I think.

Very different cases though, but expected post from you.

You're right, it's a different case, the MS one was more stupid, they didn't actually take anything from anyone in the first place.