By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So what exactly IS Microsofts first Party working on? Losing the Core gamer?

If you guys really want to know what sent me off the handle, this is why.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1151922p1.html

Microsofts PR bafoons have lost their very minds. They are truly out of touch with the core gamer.

Around the Network

@aussiegecko  actually Gears 3 was not delayed because it was not ready, it was delayed becasue MS wanted there big gun for the fall season, this has already been stated. 

OT everyone says wait for E3 and thats pretty fair, but E3 is in June, half the year is gone by then. So there going to have alot of work to do to make up for not having anything for the first 6 months, im talking exclusives here

makingmusic476 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Well the thing about third gen is that first party titles are becoming holy and third parties are mostly dying off like the plague, unless you have the IP under your control. With Gears, Microsoft doesn't own the IP. Microsoft only has a three game contract with Epic, which expires after Gears 3 launches. Sony lost the first half of the gen to Microsoft because of the loss of third party exclusives, which is why they now solely depend on their in-house first party. Sony is taking exclusives from Microsoft and now Microsoft can barely fend for itself with first parties. It's interesting how this has all played out.

As for Fable 3....Microsoft knows not what exclusive means. Anyone can get their hands on Fable now, even the pirates. 

Actually, they had a two game contract with Epic.  The fact that Epic continued to work with Microsoft for Gears 3 shows they're quite comfortable where they are.

That could easily change in the transition between generations, however, as things often do.  Just look at the PS3 this gen.  If Sony hadn't had an army of first party developers to fall back on, they'd currently be a distant third, if they were still selling consoles at all.

Well Microsoft can thank their lucky stars that they have a third party who is happy with only making half what they could make as an exclusive.

oniyide said:

@aussiegecko  actually Gears 3 was not delayed because it was not ready, it was delayed becasue MS wanted there big gun for the fall season, this has already been stated. 

OT everyone says wait for E3 and thats pretty fair, but E3 is in June, half the year is gone by then. So there going to have alot of work to do to make up for not having anything for the first 6 months, im talking exclusives here

Microsoft has survived off of multiplats before, this wont be their first rodeo. 

honestly I'm a big fan of the 360, enjoy it much more then my ps3, but if microsoft gives me no reason to continue owning a 360, I will probably end up selling it after finishing my backlog of games. Right now every game I am interested in for 2011 has a better version of it on the PC most likely for cheaper. I'm not mad about this though. I'm happy I need less systems to enjoy most of the video games out there.

Around the Network

@stage  i know that, but im talking more for people who care about these exclusives and i dont see how 3rd parties would make more money if there games were exclusive???

oniyide said:

@stage  i know that, but im talking more for people who care about these exclusives and i dont see how 3rd parties would make more money if there games were exclusive???

Yep, which is why everyone is crying out to Microsoft to buy more first party companies that can make games with variety and still be high quality.

gurglesletch said:
chocoloco said:

Dude I only think they are pissing off people who own the 360 PS3 duo. For others, they probably could care less if Microsoft makes first party games because third parties are still coming out with very popular games. Most people will be satisfied by this .

Just be careful about complaining about Microsoft because some people think if you complain you must hate kinect and therefore you must hate Microsoft.

Not true, when you complain you show you care by saying a company has to satisfy me to get my money and not anyone else.

What games? The only really popular games are gears and call of duty

A game does not have to sell over 5 million to be popular. Fable, forza, red dead, gta, fallout, any game tht sells at leat 2 million is fairly popular in my view.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

If you guys really want to know what sent me off the handle, this is why.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/115/1151922p1.html

Microsofts PR bafoons have lost their very minds. They are truly out of touch with the core gamer.

Contract time!Microsoft!

Dallinor said:
themanwithnoname said:
Chroniczaaa said:

At least Forza is a really great game and i doubt the 4th will disappoint but one game can't make up for a whole party I guess.

I don't see why it matters who a game comes from though? Why are first party exclusives more important than third party ones? I've always judged Microsoft as a publisher, whether or not they own the studio is irrelevant to me.

Perhaps because third party exclusives can end up being timed. Thus annoying some gamers and doing less to differentiate the system from the competition in the long run.

Gears and Kingdoms are both going to be published by Microsoft, so that won't happen.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.