By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGC Official THE LAST GUARDIAN Thread

does any one know if there will be a collectors edition.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:

even though i have not played this il rate it straight away i give it a 9.7, any reviewer who gives this 8 or below is a fanboy.

if ico collection releases this year aswell as this..............well ps3 users have not got it any better :)

Any reviewer that gives this game under 8 should be executed.  This game will rock.

Famitsu has a four page feature on The Last Guardian. It apparently includes a demo play session along with an interview of Fumito Ueda.

Here's some of the info that has leaked out of the feature:

• You initially can't communicate with Torico, so he'll quickly fall asleep.
  • Torico can't eat everything. If he eats something he doesn't like, he'll spit it out.
  • The game uses a collision system with similar capabilities to that of Shadow of the Colossus.
  • Even if you're caught by the guards that fill the dungeons, the game doesn't immediately end.
  • Torico may have a life gauge.
  • They're currently looking into the possibility of showing gauges to support the player -- this is one area that Ueda is worrying over.
  • In its impressions of the game, Famitsu commented that it exceeded expectations -- it's real that exceeds real.
  • Torico actions are very detailed -- down to the level of his reacting differently depending on the sound in the area.
  • The game uses a fake language
  • Famitsu commented that the boy main character's movements are also incredible. Ueda responded that when the boy approaches a wall, he will naturally extend his arms out, and as he approaches Torico, he will touch the creature. To show the feeling of existence for the characters, you need to show such actions that make it look like the character himself knows that there's a wall there.

Ueda also talked quite a bit about the game's expressive and physical computation power.

Source

Me likey, what I heary.

CGI-Quality said:

This place needs more attention >_>

Have you asked for a sticky?

Awesome thread!

Maybe we'll get a new trailer at GDC. Oh and lawlawl @ Kantor!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I hope this game gets better sales than both team Ico games and more people can enjoy this type of experience.

I am glad this thread isn't getting any attention. It means people are so excited for this that they don't want to know anything about it till they play it.

If anyone asks me about Ico or SoC story I wouldn't give an answer because I can't find a probable one

the game forces you to create story for it , makes you use your imagination to understand a fake language and gives you a clear idea about the relationship between the characters without using any words but by very simple animations like how he was holding her hand in ICO. That's why I don't think this thread gives the game what it deserves especially the story/concept part because  there isn't one in the way we used to experience in games , but yet I don't think any thread can give it what it deserves , it doesn't mean that this one isn't well made , it just I'd prefer if it didn't exist , this game need to be experienced .

I know , I'm way to involved XD ,  GET THIS GAME RELEASED SONY

Thank you for your effort though , there are good information still

mjk45 said:

does any one know if there will be a collectors edition.

i hope so! i hope you get a trico plsuhie with it or somthing so my sackboy plushie will have a freind to play with =D

trasharmdsister12 said:

This, Skyrim and Deus Ex are at the top of my waiting list. Thanks CGI for this thread. I look forward to any updates you and others will bring in the future.

Same here!

unless you count the two handhelds aswell