By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter predicts mass effect for ps3.

Dolla Dolla said:
A famous Pachter quote when Pacther was asked about his predictions:

Host: So you're not just pulling stuff out of your ass, I mean you guys have real, sort of factual backup for what you're saying?
Pacther: I pull everything out of my ass *laughs*

amen. we all know how many of his predictions become reality.

PSN ID: aceninja007

Around the Network

I dont even care shitty ea just had to buy bioware which was the best game develpor in my opinion

I think Mass effect is supposed to be a trilogy and the firt one kicked a$$ but EA will Fu** up the next two or whatever ports they try to make

RIP Bioware Sci-Fi RPG's will never be the same again.

Example KOTOR, KOTOR 2 And Mass Effect

Mass effect 1 was publishing deal was done before EA bought out Bioware. Im pretty sure EA looked at all the legal binding contracts that bioware had with EA before dropping 300 million plus on them. MS dosen't own the IP similarly to how Sony published Final fantasy 7 but didn't own and of the IP of final fantasy. Bioware/Pandemic was a completely 100% independant devlopers before the EA buyout so they owned the IP.

Mass effect 2 and 3 will be multiplatform. and when i say multiplatform I mean the Wii a few downgraded textures here and there but Its most likly gunna happen cause EA gunna want to get there money worth outta the IP.

Here's the deal - Bioware did the game, but Microsoft Game Studios published it. When I got my review copy, there was tons of info from MS's PR firm. Any game published by MGS will never - EVER appear on a Sony machine. True, EA bought Bioware, but MS has all of the ME stuff on lock. Trust me - with the way ME ended - and you know there will be a sequel, probably a trilogy, you can bet MS has it on the 360 only.

Pacther should really get some accurate information to analyze before making his predictions. My heavens - there's not one reference to EA in the manual! And ... if I'm not mistaken, the game went gold right before or after they got sold.

What a tool ...

segajon said:
I dont even care shitty ea just had to buy bioware which was the best game develpor in my opinion

I think Mass effect is supposed to be a trilogy and the firt one kicked a$$ but EA will Fu** up the next two or whatever ports they try to make

RIP Bioware Sci-Fi RPG's will never be the same again.

Example KOTOR, KOTOR 2 And Mass Effect

DOn't say RIP just yet. EA has a bad rap but its not so bad lately with devloperers they acuired. Criteron is doing just fine with the Burnout Series, Crysis being a powerhouse the way crytec wanted it to be, Orange box even if the ps3 version isn't as good its still GOOD, ROCK band being greater than G Hero, Skate grater than Hawk, The simpsons game being pure fun. The only thing EA doing horrible IMO is the Sports games that made them who they are and ruining all thoes older franchiese.

They have a new approch to external set devlopers letting they develope great games. then EA internal dev will milk the good games for more money. 

Around the Network
grimygunz said:
Mass effect 1 was publishing deal was done before EA bought out Bioware. Im pretty sure EA looked at all the legal binding contracts that bioware had with EA before dropping 300 million plus on them. MS dosen't own the IP similarly to how Sony published Final fantasy 7 but didn't own and of the IP of final fantasy. Bioware/Pandemic was a completely 100% independant devlopers before the EA buyout so they owned the IP.

Mass effect 2 and 3 will be multiplatform. and when i say multiplatform I mean the Wii a few downgraded textures here and there but Its most likly gunna happen cause EA gunna want to get there money worth outta the IP.

Man, I am working on my second time playing it through and I couldn't imagine this being on the Wii. Between ME and Assassin's Creed, both of them are big games and really, really give the 360 laser a real Kanye-West kinda workout.

But truthfully, the Wii is nowhere even close to handling ME, much less a bigger, badder version of ME 2 or 3. As much as I love my Wii, that puppy would croak trying to do those kinda graphics. We are talking about ME, not Table Tennis ...

I will hit my contacts at MS, but I can remember reading that ME was all MS - and they were the only ones publishing ME. I'll see if I can find it.

UPDATE: Here's a Q & A with the ME folks ...

BIZ: I have to ask about Mass Effect because there's already some speculation that it could be headed to other platforms. Since the IP is owned by you and EA has acquired BioWare, what does the future hold for the franchise?

Zeschuk: Well, I can say it really is an absolutely amazing game – probably BioWare's best. Ray and I both finished it, played it a lot, and it's awesome. The thing we can tell you about the future of Mass Effect very simply is that there's going to be a trilogy; we've been on record in the past as saying we want that whole trilogy to be on the 360. We still love the platform, we love working with Microsoft – they're a great partner – but we can't predict the future.

BIZ: So you wouldn't rule out the possibility of it appearing on PS3?

Muzyka: We have no plans currently to pursue that. Our focus is pure and simple; it's to deliver the best game possible for our fans with Mass Effect, and that's an Xbox 360 exclusive. Microsoft's a great partner... and they've really helped build the value of the product and we're proud to work with them.

BIZ: Right, you understand where I'm coming from though. EA, like most publishers, would like its games to be multiplatform... unless Microsoft wanted to reach some sort of exclusivity deal with you. Microsoft already told us that they'll "be talking to EA and BioWare in the weeks to come."

Zeschuk: Hey, we talk to Microsoft like daily. We're just finishing off the game and we talk to those guys all the time. Our focus from a platform perspective, even prior to all of this, is that we tailor the platform to the game and focus on making a great game and the platforms kind of fall out of that. We're in a sense platform agnostic and going forward we're still going to make sure we match great games with the right platform.

Source: http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/features/bioware-and-pandemic-on-the-ea-deal/71035/?biz=1&page=2

My take is - EA *may* do a port with other studios, but it will be like Viva Pinata vs. Viva Pinata Party Animals. The first Viva was legit - the sequel? Not so much.

Bioware has said the 360 is what they are really, really focusing on at the moment. I do hope we can keep the profiles from the first one and transfer them to the new ME. That would be sweet!

AM I the only one who isnt interested in this game ? If yes , than please explain me , why should I be excited , because from the fiew previews and videos Ive had seen nothing really blew me away ...

edit : 1200 posts :D 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

well if mass effect comes to ps3 it will probably the 2 or 3 one not the first

hunter_alien said:

AM I the only one who isnt interested in this game ? If yes , than please explain me , why should I be excited , because from the fiew previews and videos Ive had seen nothing really blew me away ...

edit : 1200 posts :D

Well, if you have played Knights of the Old Republic 1, or Jade Empire, it's pretty much the same formula, but with tons of extra stuff. It's very engaging - the voice dialogue minigames can really change the outcome of the story. There are small subplots as well, but the combat is sweet, the story is superb and it's an RPG that really breaks the mold.

I don't care about Mass Effect. A PC version is heaps more likely imo, in which case I'll download it and give it a try.