By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter predicts mass effect for ps3.

No chance for Mass Effect 1. Microsoft is rumored to have the publishing rights tied up for Mass Effect 2 and 3. Even if that turns out not to be the case how many people would want to play a story driven game like that without playing the first one?

Around the Network

Well Pachter also predicted MGS4 would be a timed exclusive, and he is right a lot more frequently than many people on these boards would care to admit.
Can't say I'm 100% convinced though. Time will tell.

If this game came out for the ps3, would it sell well or pull an uncharted or a ratchet and clank?

A famous Pachter quote when Pacther was asked about his predictions:

Host: So you're not just pulling stuff out of your ass, I mean you guys have real, sort of factual backup for what you're saying?
Pacther: I pull everything out of my ass *laughs*

Well EA like ssj12 said, is the king of making games multiplatform. Unless Microsoft somehow threw some dollar bills down EA throat. It looks possible Mass Effect is being released on the PS3...

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
Around the Network

The game didn't sell amazingly well, although certainly not badly, and Bioware got bought by EA. I hate to say this, but this is the second time today that I agree with Pachter.

I have a feeling it's not going to be very good though. The game had technical issues on its lead platform, and the way EA handled the Orange Box for the PS3 isn't making me very optimistic they'll get this one right.

Parokki said:
The game didn't sell amazingly well, although certainly not badly, and Bioware got bought by EA. I hate to say this, but this is the second time today that I agree with Pachter.

I have a feeling it's not going to be very good though. The game had technical issues on its lead platform, and the way EA handled the Orange Box for the PS3 isn't making me very optimistic they'll get this one right.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/mass-effect-amasses-one-million-copies-sold/18805/?biz=1

1 million sold in less than 3 weeks isn't amazing for a western RPG Brand New IP?

Oh ...

Nobody really takes Patcher seriously any more after his embarrassing predictions for PS3. There are a lot of people here who deserve Patcher's job more than he does and would be much better at it.

Dolla Dolla said:
Parokki said:

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/mass-effect-amasses-one-million-copies-sold/18805/?biz=1

1 million sold in less than 3 weeks isn't amazing for a western RPG Brand New IP?

Oh ...

We can't really say for sure if MS is talking about sold to stores or customers here, not to mention how much they're conveniently rounding up. Even if it started ok, 360 games are extremely top heavy and it's the holidays, so sales will probably fall before it reaches 2M. 

That being said, it looks like VGC numbers have been adjusted since I last saw them, and the game is doing a lot better than I thought. Definitely a commercial success. 

Parokki said:
Dolla Dolla said:
Parokki said:

Oh ...

We can't really say for sure if MS is talking about sold to stores or customers here, not to mention how much they're conveniently rounding up. Even if it started ok, 360 games are extremely top heavy and it's the holidays, so sales will probably fall before it reaches 2M. 

That being said, it looks like VGC numbers have been adjusted since I last saw them, and the game is doing a lot better than I thought. Definitely a commercial success. 

It will do fine, yes VG chartz was off quite a bit, they had it 100k lower then NPD numbers, and VG chartz also had double the time on the market for the game.

True but i can easily see MS buying exclusive, also didnt MS publish it so EA would have to name it something else?

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.