By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart (2011 2/12)

MvsC dissapoints me again.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
snfr said:
Conegamer said:
snfr said:

Weird week... Pokemon just 23k and Bulletstorm only 2.5k...

I have a feeling someone went through adjusting all the pre-orders down...

But how would they know?

Hmm, adjustments? I dunno, but the weekly preorders seem too low, especially for Pokemon.

Precisely, adjustments is the only logical reason for the low numbers

Nah, the "doom" reason is always valid

But anyway, it will probably have a great first week, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Killzone 3 numbers on the other hand...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

These charts make no sense

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

ok unless they are doing some stealth editing or something, I know for a fact these numbers are wrong.  Bulletstorm saw more than 2,000k pre-orders this week just for the company I work for and thats not counting the other retailers.  Something is for sure off, and I don't trust the pre-order numbers at all.

question: is there a separate Amazon for U.S., UK/EU, etc? In other words, if I live in the U.S. and look at the top 100 selling video game items on Amazon.com, is that showing the top 100 sold in ONLY the U.S.? Or is it showing the top sold all around the world?

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:

question: is there a separate Amazon for U.S., UK/EU, etc? In other words, if I live in the U.S. and look at the top 100 selling video game items on Amazon.com, is that showing the top 100 sold in ONLY the U.S.? Or is it showing the top sold all around the world?

US only.

wow Killzone...hmm i hope it will suprise me when it comes to sales...but now it really looks cold...

im assuming some of these really low numbers are to conpensate for overtracking in past weeks. Especially pokemon and bulletstorm.

HKN said:
pitzy272 said:

US only.

No kidding. Well that points toward the incorrect preorders theory even further. I know Amazon isn't the all-seeing eye for predicting overall game sales each week, but I'd say it gives at least a general idea of what a game's sales should be, being that it's the largest online retailer.

Speaking in terms of KZ3: in the past 4 weeks or so, KZ3 first popped onto the Amazon top 100 selling video game items chart. It quickly moved down to between #9 and 15, and was there from about 3 weeks ago to 1.5 weeks ago. In the past 1-1.5 weeks it's been locked at #1, with Bulletstorm 360 at #2 or #3.

Before KZ3 popped onto the chart, it was getting like 8-10,000 preorders/week. Now it has moved all the way down to #1, and the weekly preorders have increased to what, 11-13k each week?? Just doesn't make sense.

Cod: BO 360 is usually between # 4 and #7 on Amazon's list, and it ends up selling about 50-60,000 copies every week in the Americas. Yet, KZ3 and Bulletstorm are at #1 & #2 and they end up selling 13k and 2k?? If it was a little closer than a 40-50k difference here, it may be believable. But that significant amount of a difference is fishy. Oh well. Hopefully these games truly are selling more - seems that good sales are well deserved.

I didnt think killzone would reach 200k preorders. but vgchartz preorder charts are the stupidest POS ive ever seen i have learnt from lbp2 and many other games to never trust them.  and also to take the actual sales numbers with a grain of salt(could be up to 20% incorrect)

and bulletstorm adding 2k........wtf..............i think any one with a working brain can see something is off about that.