By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart (2011 2/12)

pitzy272 said:
HKN said:
pitzy272 said:

question: is there a separate Amazon for U.S., UK/EU, etc? In other words, if I live in the U.S. and look at the top 100 selling video game items on Amazon.com, is that showing the top 100 sold in ONLY the U.S.? Or is it showing the top sold all around the world?

US only.

No kidding. Well that points toward the incorrect preorders theory even further. I know Amazon isn't the all-seeing eye for predicting overall game sales each week, but I'd say it gives at least a general idea of what a game's sales should be, being that it's the largest online retailer.

Speaking in terms of KZ3: in the past 4 weeks or so, KZ3 first popped onto the Amazon top 100 selling video game items chart. It quickly moved down to between #9 and 15, and was there from about 3 weeks ago to 1.5 weeks ago. In the past 1-1.5 weeks it's been locked at #1, with Bulletstorm 360 at #2 or #3.

Before KZ3 popped onto the chart, it was getting like 8-10,000 preorders/week. Now it has moved all the way down to #1, and the weekly preorders have increased to what, 11-13k each week?? Just doesn't make sense.

Cod: BO 360 is usually between # 4 and #7 on Amazon's list, and it ends up selling about 50-60,000 copies every week in the Americas. Yet, KZ3 and Bulletstorm are at #1 & #2 and they end up selling 13k and 2k?? If it was a little closer than a 40-50k difference here, it may be believable. But that significant amount of a difference is fishy. Oh well. Hopefully these games truly are selling more - seems that good sales are well deserved.

Honestly, these preorders are really inaccurate. If you look at some of the games that have been tracked you can see how off final preorders and first week usually are. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network

Then we will wait and see Killzone 3's first week number

So a stealth adjustment occured or something ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Why does it say 2 weeks until Killzone 3s and Bulletstorms launch. These are preorders from 2 weeks ago

More people need to pre-order Bulletstorm!

Around the Network

Anyone know why there is such a huge drop for Pokemon Black/White?

yo_john117 said:

I don't even believe those numbers, honestly.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
yo_john117 said:

You think its gonna have a pretty big first week?

yo_john117 said:
huaxiong90 said:
yo_john117 said:

You think its gonna have a pretty big first week?

I think it will do fine the first week, but the weekly change doesn't add up, which is what I'm finding hard to believe.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Come on KZ3!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB