By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect: It just Got Better

Activate 3D have just made Kinect that little bit better for all those developers and also, for the consumer. They have created a software known as Intelligent Character Motion 1.0 (ICM) which enhances the development and playability of Kinect.

On a basic level, it is a set of algorithms that makes it easier for developers to concentrate more on brilliant games than fiddling around with code to make all the actions work. Here is a section from the press release that really says it all:

“The key capabilities delivered include solutions for grasp detection in virtual worlds, inverse kinematics algorithms to enforce contact with objects, a high-speed motion recognition algorithm that detects mimicking even with partial body input, and a patented algorithm for synthesizing animations that fit seamlessly with a physics simulation powered with PhysX by NVIDIA.”

So, basically, this means that you can expect to have more games on Kinect than the current out pouring of Wii like sports game, and dancing games. We’ll keep you all posted with when games being developed on this system start to hit release.

http://www.randomprodinc.com/kinect-just-got-better/

Around the Network

Superb, I have a feeling we'll be seeing some very interesting software throughout the Kinect's life.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

awesome, cant wait too see what software comes out of it and during kinect's life span.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

See like I said a long time ago. Once the Kinect is out for a while they will creat new ways to improve, use and update the tech.  Just like wii. 

Around the Network

This doesn't change anything other then make it a little easier for the devs to get the results they have in the kinect games that actually work and I don't think that's going to attract any devs 

Demonslayersoultaker said:

This doesn't change anything other then make it a little easier for the devs to get the results they have in the kinect games that actually work and I don't think that's going to attract any devs 

This makes absolutely no sense, stop grasping at straws..

This is fantastic news, sounds like the update the MS was hinting at 2-3 months ago.

Oblivion86 said:

This is fantastic news, sounds like the update the MS was hinting at 2-3 months ago.

it wouldn't to someone who doesn't understand how the technology works 

Enough Devs have already stated they are interested and a lot of them are waiting for "the game" to jump in. Not everyone is like Ubisoft and jumps straight in.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Oblivion86 said:

it wouldn't to someone who doesn't understand how the technology works 

Wow it's you again. You have no clue either and dev  are all interested after Kinect sold 8 Million units and a majority of the games are reaching 1 million units.  You keep saying you understand the tech but yet couldn't even answer what game kinect came with in the other article.

We are going to call you the straw guy.