By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect: It just Got Better

Oblivion86 said:
Demonslayersoultaker said:
AussieGecko said:

This doesn't change anything other then make it a little easier for the devs to get the results they have in the kinect games that actually work and I don't think that's going to attract any devs 

Enough Devs have already stated they are interested and a lot of them are waiting for "the game" to jump in. Not everyone is like Ubisoft and jumps straight in.

The devs that weren't attracted by the hardware sales will only be attracted by software sales of others trust me this changes very little 

Is that why several Kinect titles have sold over 1 million, stop trying to put down what you don't understand. The easier a platform is to develop for, especially with the new fun factor the more devs that will jump on board, it;s just basic logic. You are just clearly a negative person that only wants the Kinect to fail, when in fact it has surpassed everyone's expectations.

As for not knowing what I am talking about, this shows that the technology through software can improve the capture ability and improve the accuracy of the device, you ramble on about how devs won't jump on board, when in fact almost every major developer has either considered or is already on board. Just stop while you are way behind.

Yea what he said. Oblivion was awsome by the way.

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:

If a dev hasn't jumped on board yet they want to know how well a 3rd party non-launch game would do or maybe just see if Kinect is just a short lived fad, either way until a 3rd party game does well (2-5 million) well they aren't going to jump on board, and frankly the ones that have jumped on board look like they have moved their shovelware from the wii to kinect and this line is off topic, this line is about the new agorithyms which again won't change anything 

8.3 million says it is not a fad, wii is not a fad, are you one of them as well?

And yes it will change everything as I said, look at the ps3, it took developers almost 3 years to figure out how to properly work it. This new algorithm will help like hell for new developers why are you ignoring this fact, you just have to look at past experiences with new tech

1. fad 446 up40 down

Kinect wasn't complicated to begin with, almost all the work has already been done with the ps eye, and it's the developers that worked on that, that have been teaching MS, the only difference with this one is that it's patented so the devs don't have to program in a work around manually anymore, like I said won't make any difference 

I think 8 million in a month in a half counts as very popular in a short amount of time, the wii isn't a fade because it lasted 5 years, could go either way with kinect 

bannedagain said:
Oblivion86 said:
AussieGecko said:

This doesn't change anything other then make it a little easier for the devs to get the results they have in the kinect games that actually work and I don't think that's going to attract any devs 

Enough Devs have already stated they are interested and a lot of them are waiting for "the game" to jump in. Not everyone is like Ubisoft and jumps straight in.

The devs that weren't attracted by the hardware sales will only be attracted by software sales of others trust me this changes very little 

Is that why several Kinect titles have sold over 1 million, stop trying to put down what you don't understand. The easier a platform is to develop for, especially with the new fun factor the more devs that will jump on board, it;s just basic logic. You are just clearly a negative person that only wants the Kinect to fail, when in fact it has surpassed everyone's expectations.

As for not knowing what I am talking about, this shows that the technology through software can improve the capture ability and improve the accuracy of the device, you ramble on about how devs won't jump on board, when in fact almost every major developer has either considered or is already on board. Just stop while you are way behind.

Thanks, yeah I can't wait for Skyrim.

Oblivion86 said:
AussieGecko said:

8 million sales and only 1 million on very few launch titles, thats a pretty low attach ratio, thats what you don't get, the launch titles sold well but who knows about anything after that, like I said the ones that aren't attracted by the hardware sales are waiting to see how the 3rd party games will do of the ones who were, do you have reading issues?

bannedagain said:
AussieGecko said:

trust you? trust someone on an internet forum... no problem... riiight, now back to the point in hand.

Developers will start getting attracted by both, by the way you are talking you are not a developer, I am not either, but look at ffxiii that was done because they would lose sales in Americas if they didn't. The 360 is a force in the Americas and UK, It is a sales whore for softwre and hardware in those areas, software also other places.

As Banned again has noted that Kinect software is selling well Dance Central, Kinectimals, Fitness Evolved, Kinect Sports, Zumba, check the sales, for a seemingly empty arrangement of games they are selling bloody well for something that is in its 5th month, more will come as well, I have missed some probably.

I personally have; Kinectimals, Kinect Sports, Fitness Evolved (but got if i remember what its really called), Dance Central, Kinect Adventures (duh!)... I think thats it. My mum wants me to get Zumba... she can get her own 360 but none the less, these games are selling.

If a dev hasn't jumped on board yet they want to know how well a 3rd party non-launch game would do or maybe just see if Kinect is just a short lived fad, either way until a 3rd party game does well (2-5 million) well they aren't going to jump on board, and frankly the ones that have jumped on board look like they have moved their shovelware from the wii to kinect and this line is off topic, this topic is about the new agorithyms which again won't change anything 

Dance central will be hitting that mark real soon and I'm also willing to bet  Your Shape Fitness evolved will too.

You also got to remember that A lot of these games did not cost a whole lot of money to develop for, so they are going to be looking at how easy it was to make a profit on simple made games as well and the better of them, like dance central, Kinect Sports, Kinectimals will all hit that mark. So it seems just as long as you actually put time, effort and a little money in, you should make your money back. So all in all I think it is a major success and this software just adds to that success.

Again 1st party launch games, I doubt clones of them now will reach the same amount of sales and thats what devs are waiting to see and again not what this thread is about why am I the only one talking about the algorithym 

Around the Network
Oblivion86 said:
bannedagain said:
Oblivion86 said:
AussieGecko said:

Thanks, yeah I can't wait for Skyrim.

The images so far look amazing.  Oblivion was one game THat I played non-stop. The whole Idea had me in the story from start to finish. What a good game.

I will be at Skyrims launch, I have been waiting for ever for this game.

bannedagain said:

By the way, how is Kinectimals. I heard it's geared towards older crowd as well.

Take away the pets, think of it as you are stuck on an island and you have to re-discover parts of the island and you have a side kick that just happens to be a cat... I personally think there should be dogs as well but thats just me (obvious dog person :-p )

All in all really fun.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Oblivion86 said:
AussieGecko said:

8 million sales and only 1 million on very few launch titles, thats a pretty low attach ratio, thats what you don't get, the launch titles sold well but who knows about anything after that, like I said the ones that aren't attracted by the hardware sales are waiting to see how the 3rd party games will do of the ones who were, do you have reading issues?

No, but I believe you have delusional issues, I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck you referring to. Your Shape, Kinectimals, and several other launch titles are third party games, and have sold tremendously well. You keep changing your argument, but the fact is none of them make any sense, please just leave the thread.

Kinect wasn't complicated to begin with, almost all the work has already been done with the ps eye, and it's the developers that worked on that, that have been teaching MS, the only difference with this one is that it's patented so the devs don't have to program in a work around manually anymore, like I said won't make any difference 

I think 8 million in a month in a half counts as very popular in a short amount of time, the wii isn't a fade because it lasted 5 years, could go either way with kinect 

A month and a half? hmm wishful much? It has been out since November 4 in the US and sold 70k last week I think it was. That is almost 4 months on the market and it is not a fad now, it has become more than that.

MS in fact is not stopping pushing it, (see kylie minogue concert) once the full features happen in EMMEA (im the a in that, I WANT VOICE DAMMIT) then it will imo explode in that region, for a 360 unit and the legs for anything 360 have been amazing, 100k it passed and it got there gradually. Nothing has legs in Japan, it is almost unheard of.

Stop wishing it is a fad. Games like Gun Stringer about to be released, Sega trying again with Rise of Nightmares, this is selliing deal with it. I don't know why it is an issue for you. Don't buy one and put you fingers in your ears and say lalala if your friends talk about it near you.

Again 1st party launch games, I doubt clones of them now will reach the same amount of sales and thats what devs are waiting to see and again not what this thread is about why am I the only one talking about the algorithym 

Dance Central - Ubisoft, Ubisoft is not 1st party, it is a launch game, but why would you hold that against it has been out for almost 4months

Kinectimals - Frontier Developments, Frontier has there own site, check it. Although published not a 1st party

try again, or dont play