By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect: It just Got Better

Oblivion86 said:
Demonslayersoultaker said:
Oblivion86 said:
AussieGecko said:

This doesn't change anything other then make it a little easier for the devs to get the results they have in the kinect games that actually work and I don't think that's going to attract any devs 

Enough Devs have already stated they are interested and a lot of them are waiting for "the game" to jump in. Not everyone is like Ubisoft and jumps straight in.

The devs that weren't attracted by the hardware sales will only be attracted by software sales of others trust me this changes very little 

Is that why several Kinect titles have sold over 1 million, stop trying to put down what you don't understand. The easier a platform is to develop for, especially with the new fun factor the more devs that will jump on board, it;s just basic logic. You are just clearly a negative person that only wants the Kinect to fail, when in fact it has surpassed everyone's expectations.

As for not knowing what I am talking about, this shows that the technology through software can improve the capture ability and improve the accuracy of the device, you ramble on about how devs won't jump on board, when in fact almost every major developer has either considered or is already on board. Just stop while you are way behind.

8 million sales and only 1 million on very few launch titles, thats a pretty low attach ratio, thats what you don't get, the launch titles sold well but who knows about anything after that, like I said the ones that aren't attracted by the hardware sales are waiting to see how the 3rd party games will do of the ones who were, do you have reading issues?

No, but I believe you have delusional issues, I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck you referring to. Your Shape, Kinectimals, and several other launch titles are third party games, and have sold tremendously well. You keep changing your argument, but the fact is none of them make any sense, please just leave the thread.

published/distributed by MS doesn't make them third party, makes them 2ed party 

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:

Again 1st party launch games, I doubt clones of them now will reach the same amount of sales and thats what devs are waiting to see and again not what this thread is about why am I the only one talking about the algorithym 

Dance Central - Ubisoft, Ubisoft is not 1st party, it is a launch game, but why would you hold that against it has been out for almost 4months

Kinectimals - Frontier Developments, Frontier has there own site, check it. Although published not a 1st party

try again, or dont play

Sigh launch games get more advertisement and have less competition thus usually sell better in the begining, anyone with a brain wouldn't be convinced a game released months later with more competition and less advertisement would sell just as much not to mention kinect isn't selling what it was then and again not the point of this thread, why do you keep derailing it?

Sigh launch games get more advertisement and have less competition thus usually sell better in the begining, anyone with a brain wouldn't be convinced a game released months later with more competition and less advertisement would sell just as much not to mention kinect isn't selling what it was then and again not the point of this thread, why do you keep derailing it?

Kinect: It just got better, I am agreeing with the thread you are disagreeing, You are the one de-railing.

Guarantee COD games released atm get more advertisement than the games that were released on launch... in fact I cant even remember them. I doubt they were the most popular.

Launch games get collective advertisement thus less advertisement more choice at the beginning thus games left behind and forgotten about. Games released later have their own advertisement tools but in the space of less than 4 months they can still ride on kinects wave to advertise. Zumba is selling quite well for example for a later released game as you say.

and to the post above your response you said first party not second party, and furthermore read -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_developer#Third-party_developer you will find they are in fact 3rd parties not second.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

is the thread title supposed to be a joke about kinect being gay?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

AussieGecko said:

Kinect: It just got better, I am agreeing with the thread you are disagreeing, You are the one de-railing.

Guarantee COD games released atm get more advertisement than the games that were released on launch... in fact I cant even remember them. I doubt they were the most popular.

Launch games get collective advertisement thus less advertisement more choice at the beginning thus games left behind and forgotten about. Games released later have their own advertisement tools but in the space of less than 4 months they can still ride on kinects wave to advertise. Zumba is selling quite well for example for a later released game as you say.

and to the post above your response you said first party not second party, and furthermore read -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_developer#Third-party_developer you will find they are in fact 3rd parties not second.

Third party dev second party game, and disagree with the thread isn't derailing it talking about something unrelated (ie sales what you are you doing), the new aglorithyms won't change anything for kinect, if you have a valid point regardling that statement make it if not stop derailing the topic 

Around the Network

Third party dev second party game, and disagree with the thread isn't derailing it talking about something unrelated (ie sales what you are you doing), the new aglorithyms won't change anything for kinect, if you have a valid point regardling that statement make it if not stop derailing the topic 

I have said things to you, I am replying to you this whole time, im not pulling this out of nowhere, firstly it is a 3rd party game full stop.

Secondly it will help new developers start from scratch as they wont have to do as much research on kinect... i said this then you bitched about new developers not wanting to jump in yada yada yada

AussieGecko said:

I have said things to you, I am replying to you this whole time, im not pulling this out of nowhere, firstly it is a 3rd party game full stop.

Secondly it will help new developers start from scratch as they wont have to do as much research on kinect... i said this then you bitched about new developers not wanting to jump in yada yada yada

I said this won't change anything for new devs, they are either already onboard or are waiting to see how the others do/if kinect is a fad, can you not read?

I said this won't change anything for new devs, they are either already onboard or are waiting to see how the others do/if kinect is a fad, can you not read?

And I disagree... how are you anymore right than I am. This wouldn't be announced if most people agreed with your sentiments. This for a larger aspect seems to be easier for the Developers.

I can read, you just think your arguments are the correct ones, without listening to others.

Your first sentence is purely arrogance before the comma. Your bit after the comma is pure arrogance as well. I can read quite well.

AussieGecko said:

And I disagree... how are you anymore right than I am. This wouldn't be announced if most people agreed with your sentiments. This for a larger aspect seems to be easier for the Developers.

I can read, you just think your arguments are the correct ones, without listening to others.

Your first sentence is purely arrogance before the comma. Your bit after the comma is pure arrogance as well. I can read quite well.

Well then all of this could be avoided if you just said you disagree but have nothing to base your opinion on in the first place 

AussieGecko said:

Well then all of this could be avoided if you just said you disagree but have nothing to base your opinion on in the first place 

I think you more then proved all your points aussie. I think at this point it is a total lost cause. He has twisted and basically grabbed at air to get a grip on anything that he is talking about. I'm not sure what the hell his point really is, accept that he has very bad ones, if any at all.

This tech will help, thats it. FInal . The support is there and with the continued sales and advancement that help make kinect easier to program for, we can expect to see much more games coming to the peripheral.

Not like we haven't heard of a lot already. The one thing that MS needs to do is not move to fare away from the hardcore market. Which I think they will continue to push out games but they need some new IP's or remake ones that people have been waiting for. AH hum CONKER.