By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect: It just Got Better

AussieGecko said:
Demonslayersoultaker said:

This doesn't change anything other then make it a little easier for the devs to get the results they have in the kinect games that actually work and I don't think that's going to attract any devs 

Enough Devs have already stated they are interested and a lot of them are waiting for "the game" to jump in. Not everyone is like Ubisoft and jumps straight in.

The devs that weren't attracted by the hardware sales will only be attracted by software sales of others trust me this changes very little 

Around the Network
bannedagain said:
Oblivion86 said:

This doesn't change anything other then make it a little easier for the devs to get the results they have in the kinect games that actually work and I don't think that's going to attract any devs 

This makes absolutely no sense, stop grasping at straws..

This is fantastic news, sounds like the update the MS was hinting at 2-3 months ago.

it wouldn't to someone who doesn't understand how the technology works 

Wow it's you again. You have no clue either and dev  are all interested after Kinect sold 8 Million units and a majority of the games are reaching 1 million units.  You keep saying you understand the tech but yet couldn't even answer what game kinect came with in the other article.

We are going to call you the straw guy.

One that has nothing to do with the tech of the hardware, two I read fast and thought kinect sports was kinect adventures for a sec I know what game it comes with, and three I didn't say devs weren't interested I say this won't attract any, I read one word wrong you seem to be reading everything I write wrong 

it wouldn't to someone who doesn't understand how the technology works 

And the developers who are waiting in the wings dont want to jump in and do all the research this well help, again as the other bloke said, you're grasping at straws

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

The devs that weren't attracted by the hardware sales will only be attracted by software sales of others trust me this changes very little 

trust you? trust someone on an internet forum... no problem... riiight, now back to the point in hand.

Developers will start getting attracted by both, by the way you are talking you are not a developer, I am not either, but look at ffxiii that was done because they would lose sales in Americas if they didn't. The 360 is a force in the Americas and UK, It is a sales whore for softwre and hardware in those areas, software also other places.

As Banned again has noted that Kinect software is selling well Dance Central, Kinectimals, Fitness Evolved, Kinect Sports, Zumba, check the sales, for a seemingly empty arrangement of games they are selling bloody well for something that is in its 5th month, more will come as well, I have missed some probably.

I personally have; Kinectimals, Kinect Sports, Fitness Evolved (but got if i remember what its really called), Dance Central, Kinect Adventures (duh!)... I think thats it. My mum wants me to get Zumba... she can get her own 360 but none the less, these games are selling.

AussieGecko said:

trust you? trust someone on an internet forum... no problem... riiight, now back to the point in hand.

Developers will start getting attracted by both, by the way you are talking you are not a developer, I am not either, but look at ffxiii that was done because they would lose sales in Americas if they didn't. The 360 is a force in the Americas and UK, It is a sales whore for softwre and hardware in those areas, software also other places.

As Banned again has noted that Kinect software is selling well Dance Central, Kinectimals, Fitness Evolved, Kinect Sports, Zumba, check the sales, for a seemingly empty arrangement of games they are selling bloody well for something that is in its 5th month, more will come as well, I have missed some probably.

I personally have; Kinectimals, Kinect Sports, Fitness Evolved (but got if i remember what its really called), Dance Central, Kinect Adventures (duh!)... I think thats it. My mum wants me to get Zumba... she can get her own 360 but none the less, these games are selling.

I really think you should trust this guy he seems legit.

Sorry thought this was perfect for a good laugh. LOL Hope it worked.

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:

If a dev hasn't jumped on board yet they want to know how well a 3rd party non-launch game would do or maybe just see if Kinect is just a short lived fad, either way until a 3rd party game does well (2-5 million) well they aren't going to jump on board, and frankly the ones that have jumped on board look like they have moved their shovelware from the wii to kinect and this line is off topic, this topic is about the new agorithyms which again won't change anything 

AussieGecko said:

By the way, how is Kinectimals. I heard it's geared towards older crowd as well.

If a dev hasn't jumped on board yet they want to know how well a 3rd party non-launch game would do or maybe just see if Kinect is just a short lived fad, either way until a 3rd party game does well (2-5 million) well they aren't going to jump on board, and frankly the ones that have jumped on board look like they have moved their shovelware from the wii to kinect and this line is off topic, this line is about the new agorithyms which again won't change anything 

8.3 million says it is not a fad, wii is not a fad, are you one of them as well?

And yes it will change everything as I said, look at the ps3, it took developers almost 3 years to figure out how to properly work it. This new algorithm will help like hell for new developers why are you ignoring this fact, you just have to look at past experiences with new tech

AussieGecko said:

Enough Devs have already stated they are interested and a lot of them are waiting for "the game" to jump in. Not everyone is like Ubisoft and jumps straight in.

Is that why several Kinect titles have sold over 1 million, stop trying to put down what you don't understand. The easier a platform is to develop for, especially with the new fun factor the more devs that will jump on board, it;s just basic logic. You are just clearly a negative person that only wants the Kinect to fail, when in fact it has surpassed everyone's expectations.

As for not knowing what I am talking about, this shows that the technology through software can improve the capture ability and improve the accuracy of the device, you ramble on about how devs won't jump on board, when in fact almost every major developer has either considered or is already on board. Just stop while you are way behind.

AussieGecko said:

If a dev hasn't jumped on board yet they want to know how well a 3rd party non-launch game would do or maybe just see if Kinect is just a short lived fad, either way until a 3rd party game does well (2-5 million) well they aren't going to jump on board, and frankly the ones that have jumped on board look like they have moved their shovelware from the wii to kinect and this line is off topic, this topic is about the new agorithyms which again won't change anything 

Dance central will be hitting that mark real soon and I'm also willing to bet  Your Shape Fitness evolved will too.

You also got to remember that A lot of these games did not cost a whole lot of money to develop for, so they are going to be looking at how easy it was to make a profit on simple made games as well and the better of them, like dance central, Kinect Sports, Kinectimals will all hit that mark. So it seems just as long as you actually put time, effort and a little money in, you should make your money back. So all in all I think it is a major success and this software just adds to that success.