By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Think I'm taking a year off buying games..

i'll probably buy more games this year than any other year ever.  i don't feel like having a list war with you but this is a huuge year for games as far as i'm conserned.

Around the Network
cr00mz said:
mchaza said:
Dinges said:

This year I'm only interested in Gears of War 3, Mass Effect 3 and Diablo III. There's not much I'm looking forward to. Imho this year will be the worst game year since.... 2006 (?)

its funny because looking at the game line up it seems the best year for gamers this generation. sucks to have your tastes because i am in the situation were i have to phase out games becuase i dont have the time or money to get them all. For example i had to remove lbp2 so i can save for homefront, crysis 2, shogun 2, brink, la niore, socom 4..... the list goes on and i haven't reach the half way mark of the year. 

to me it looks more like sucks to be you, because you have to phase out games.

yea but i will end up with them at one stage. last year i bought an whole heap of 2008-2009 games on top of some 2010 games. so in 2011 i will buy 2010 games. see it doens't matter when you get them. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

AbbathTheGrim said:

Without The Last Guardian that is gaming suicide.

Has it been confirmed for 2011?

OT: So you're not buying games anymore?

You're worse than pirates.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Silver-Tiger said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Without The Last Guardian that is gaming suicide.

Has it been confirmed for 2011?

OT: So you're not buying games anymore?

You're worse than pirates.

at TGS last year they said 2011 -- but i've got $10 that says it gets pushed to a jan/feb 2012 release though since U3 and TM are both supposed to release this holiday too.

mchaza said:

i am the opposite and rampting up the buying to have 2011 my biggest year i can because i need to play more games

This, but I decided to be smarter this year with my purchasing dollar. I will buy more games from the burgain and used section.

First week are: 3DS stuff (and some handheld stuff like Tactics Orge), TLoZ:SS (Most likely other nintendo titles, that will never decline in price), Dragon:Age Origins, Deus Ex, Mass Effect 3, and Infamous 2. 

Around the Network

kinda in the same boat. unless i get a good job, i wont be able to pay for all the games i want. think i may limit it to LoZ:SS, skyrim and dragon age 2 or dues ex.

I say this every year, and then every year I see a bunch of games I was considering to buy for 10 dollars.

axumblade said:

I'm the opposite...Of course for me I finally got a job that actually pays decently so I'm probably going to buy most of the big releases from this year. X_x

Edit: *looks at avatar* Admit it....This is all based of an addiction to Minecraft!

Haha pretty much.. Minecraft alone took up like 3 months of my life. Then DKC, then Black Ops. Those three alone kept me occupied for like half of last year. Luckilly I've broken my Minecraft addiction now so I can finally start playing through some of my other games that have been gathering dust.

Metallicube said:

Anyone else gonna stop buying games or at least tone down the purchases for awhlie for whatever reason, either because of a lackluster year of gaming/lack of funds, or both?

Wow, you're talking about possibly the strongest year in the history of gaming.

Zelda Sword
Mass Effect 3
Skyrim
Portal 2
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
Batman Arkam City
Dark Souls
Rage
Battlefield 3
Assassin's Creed 3
LA Noire
Killzone 3
Dragon Age 2
Forza 4
The Cursed Crusade
The Witcher 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Deus Ex 3
Total War Shogun 2
Infamous 2
Guild Wars 2
Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Twisted Metal
Tob Raider
Crysis 2
Mortal Kombat
and possibly The Last Guardian

(I'm glad Skyrim is high on your priority list though )

Slimebeast said:
Metallicube said:

Anyone else gonna stop buying games or at least tone down the purchases for awhlie for whatever reason, either because of a lackluster year of gaming/lack of funds, or both?

Wow, you're talking about possibly the strongest year in the history of gaming.

Zelda Sword
Mass Effect 3
Skyrim
Portal 2
Gears of War 3
Uncharted 3
Batman Arkam City
Dark Souls
Rage
Battlefield 3
Assassin's Creed 3
LA Noire
Killzone 3
Dragon Age 2
Forza 4
The Cursed Crusade
The Witcher 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Deus Ex 3
Total War Shogun 2
Infamous 2
Guild Wars 2
Might & Magic: Heroes VI
Twisted Metal
Tob Raider
Crysis 2
Mortal Kombat
and possibly The Last Guardian

(I'm glad Skyrim is high on your priority list though )

that is the most ridiculous list of games ive ever seen, all supposed to be releasing this year although im sure some things will change.  Holiday 2011 is going to be more jam packed than ever before as well, my goodness this is crazy!  What I try to do is keep it to one new release per month, although even thats a little bit difficult.  On this list alone are about 17 day one purchases for me, which seems way too high but thats speaking to the quality of releases this year.  I have been trying to evaluate my purchases much more than before, making sure I dont drop 65 bucks on a game just to get rid of it a month later.  I did this with ac brotherhood and black ops, both series are getting stale for me and I cant justify purchasing either one this year.  With so many new games coming out, I really have to try and weed out the best of the best so I dont make the same mistake I do every year and end up with a few untouched, unopened games that i purchased 2 months ago because I have enough on my plate already.  Moderation man, moderation.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB